If the Bills scored on the final drive......

Special K

If the Bills scored on the final posession.....would you go for two??  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have gone for two?

• Yes
    • No

I asked this question after the Ravens game, and since the score and scenario were exactly the same in this game, I thought it would be fun.

In the Ravens game, I was a definite yes, however in this game I was leaning towards no, but could see the merits of doing so, especially if there was very little time left in regulation(not enough time for the Cheats to drive and score).

What say you???

Yes. Our offense seems to be good in those situations. I'd just go for the win.

I get that they're playing for the division title and maybe a slight edge in the playoffs, but both teams are already going to the dance and this game didn't need to be any longer. I want everyone healthy for the playoffs.

1. I don't think they would have. 

2. I don't think I would have.

3. There is a decent if not good argument to go for it, if you think you will make it 50% of the time ONLY because you are playing NE who wins at the end and gets all the calls all the time. 

4. WTF was Bellichick thinking NOT taking a penalty and going for two from the one instead of the two, just to gain 15 yards on the KO which means nothing. That was a terrible decision even though they made it 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Does any NFL team ever do this in an important game?

Its like you are saying that you have limited confidence in your team to win the game in OT..

Lately they have. 

21 minutes ago, Special K said:

I asked this question after the Ravens game, and since the score and scenario were exactly the same in this game, I thought it would be fun.

In the Ravens game, I was a definite yes, however in this game I was leaning towards no, but could see the merits of doing so, especially if there was very little time left in regulation(not enough time for the Cheats to drive and score).

What say you???

*Possession*

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah.. I did say “important” game.. Not a game between bottom feeders so we can get out of Dodge as quick as we possible..

Got ya. Yeah, it's rare. I'm not a conservative guy but I would rarely do it. But as I said just above because the Pats are so good at scoring when they need to and they get all the calls maybe it's smart to try to win on one play, especially because of the way Josh can run. This may have been exactly the time to buck the trend. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Got ya. Yeah, it's rare. I'm not a conservative guy but I would rarely do it. But as I said just above because the Pats are so good at scoring when they need to and they get all the calls maybe it's smart to try to win on one play, especially because of the way Josh can run. This may have been exactly the time to buck the trend. 

Fair enough... 

To me it’s like flipping a coin... Too much chance involved, and a bad way to lose..

Absolutely not. While getting the win right then and there would be great, you don't pass up a tie score for a 50/50 (at best) proposition. Going for two there would have been a horrible coaching decision regardless of the outcome, even if they were successful.

Edited by devldog131

50 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Does any NFL team ever do this in an important game?

Its like you are saying that you have limited confidence in your team to win the game in OT..

Not really that important to us. We had no reason not to let it all hang out there today and to be super aggressive knowing that we are already clinched and never have an opportunity like this one.