How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+

rayray808

How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+  

379 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+

• 10%
    • 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%
    • 100%

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

ummm...feel free to cherry pick the parts of my post that support your argument, and just ignore the rest. lol

I'll move on.  This is going nowhere.

you are right. Because you think Allen can’t improve. I do. So no point in trying. 

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

ummm...feel free to cherry pick the parts of my post that support your argument, and just ignore the rest. lol

I'll move on.  This is going nowhere.

What about the portions of your post that are wrong, like 4 years of D1 experience.  That is wrong

Still a very young QB who is still developing trust with his O-Line and WR/TE. I think you can improve your accuracy with better footwork and throwing mechanics. I don’t think he will ever be at a Drew Brees level of accuracy but I don’t think Allen needs to be. Allen has amazing physical gifts, his quick release, arm strength and mobility are elite. I was hoping he stayed healthy and showed improvement thought the year which he has. I feel like the offensive formations and personal that the Eagles have would be beneficial to Allen. We just need that 2nd TE, a big WR that can battle for contested balls and maybe two more upgrades to the O-Line. We are so close to making a serious run at a few SB’s. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, zow2 said:

I think he will last.  Stuff like the end of the game was concerning though.  4 plays to score and go backwards.  Can’t do that. Need more awareness.  As McDermott said..the final series inside the 10 was not professional. 

The offensive line struggled all game. Then we lost perhaps our best offensive lineman. Those last four plays we're going to take a miracle

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Still a very young QB who is still developing trust with his O-Line and WR/TE. I think you can improve your accuracy with better footwork and throwing mechanics. I don’t think he will ever be at a Drew Brees level of accuracy but I don’t think Allen needs to be. Allen has amazing physical gifts, his quick release, arm strength and mobility are elite. I was hoping he stayed healthy and showed improvement thought the year which he has. I feel like the offensive formations and personal that the Eagles have would be beneficial to Allen. We just need that 2nd TE, a big WR that can battle for contested balls and maybe two more upgrades to the O-Line. We are so close to making a serious run at a few SB’s. 

I think better protection for Allen will do much more for his accuracy then footwork will.

35 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

He's been through 4 years at a D1 college football program, two NFL training camps, and has worked with QB guru Jordan Palmer the last two years, yet his footwork is still a problem...and is still fixable down the road?

okie dokie

IMO...I think it's more a case of what you see, is what you get(in terms of his accuracy)

Some context for you is necessary. Josh started 24 games in college. Lamar Jackson started 49. Both started their first year in college. Josh played for a G5. Lamar played for a P5.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, rayray808 said:

We are now at the point where a few things have been established:

- Playoffs are a lock

- Josh Allen is streaky

- Josh Allen has good games, and some not so good games

- Josh Allen is a duel threat who leads the league in rushing TDʻs but also fumbles

In threads there seems to be a divide that puts people all in on either him being the franchise, or him never able to make the jump to being an NFL starter.

This thread is intended to be able to quantify exactly how confident you are that he is indeed the future of the franchise without being 0% or 100% about it.

GO BILLS 

I do wonder sometimes if his career will be Mark Sanchez or Ben Rothliesberger. 

I like Allen and want him to succeed. He seems to be heading more in the Rothliesberger direction at this point. But Sanchez at one point looked to be heading toward being a franchise QB.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

He's been through 4 years at a D1 college football program, two NFL training camps, and has worked with QB guru Jordan Palmer the last two years, yet his footwork is still a problem...and is still fixable down the road?

okie dokie

IMO...I think it's more a case of what you see, is what you get(in terms of his accuracy)

...um...er....well....uh....oh....hmmm.......ok....you win.......he's an unfixable bust.......case closed.........okie dokie...............

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

The offensive line struggled all game. Then we lost perhaps our best offensive lineman. Those last four plays we're going to take a miracle

I think better protection for Allen will do much more for his accuracy then footwork will.

I agree, a clean pocket to step into is the most important thing. Two more big targets at WR and TE would help too. 

• Like (+1) 2

About 90%. 

He's rough around the edges,  but the Bills knew he was going to be a project going into it.  He's shown significant improvement compared to last year and has improved over the course of this season.  They were also counting on Zay Jones to be his go-to possession receiver and that turned out to be a big miss.   Robert Foster hasn't repeated his success of last year,  either. 

Despite that,  Allen is playing pretty well.  He has room for improvement,  but they're winning.  He has accounted for 29 TDs.  Go get him another quality target or two this offseason,  keep building the OL,  and lets see where we are a year or two from now. 

• Like (+1) 1

i Am pretty confident josh Allen will be the franchise QB moving forward barring a catastrophic injury which is true for any QB. I know the OP was referring more regsrding his skills being adequate and equating his success vs failure to achieve franchise QB status and I believe he will continue in an upward trajectory. Also  for me personally I am getting too old to even want to imagine the bills needing to be oartaking of THAT search again Lord have mercy. His growth from his start to now has had bumps but also flashes of brilliance I have to trust he’ll become more consistent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Josh Allen was drafted #7 overall to win games like yesterday. 

I looked at my friends when they were getting the ball back and told them the same. They had the chance to win and didn’t. If he doesn’t start winning those types of games, he’ll be toast 

If only it was that easy for second-year, first round draft picks

Edited by Pokebball

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Josh Allen was drafted #7 overall to win games like yesterday. 

I looked at my friends when they were getting the ball back and told them the same. They had the chance to win and didn’t. If he doesn’t start winning those types of games, he’ll be toast 

Based on that logic wonʻt a QB drafted #1 ALWAYS win the game at the end? Wouldnʻt that also imply that whichever QB was drafted higher in that game, thatʻs who should win?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

End of regulation meaning he scored in the final seconds of the half for the first time-which has always been one of my biggest pet peeves- lack of situational awareness in two minute drill.

QBs passing him by in development meaning in his first 10 games Daniel Jones already has a couple 300 yard/4 TD games, as does Murray with 300 yard games and 65% completion...Murray has also had 2 games this year with 3 TD passes to Josh’s 1. (That being said, Josh left 2 passing TDs on the board last night- he should have had 4.

Since you live in Giants territory like me, I'm guessing you've seen enough of Daniel Jones to know that Josh Allen at this point in their careers is way ahead of Daniel Jones.  If you're not watching the Giants, take a look because one of the main reasons for their poor record is that Daniel Jones turns the ball over too many times at key points of the game.  It's understandable, because Jones is a rookie.  There's no way anyone who watches games instead of just looking at stat sheets can say that Daniel Jones is ahead of Josh Allen in development.  Maybe somewhere down the line Jones will be close to Allen, but right now he's miles behind Josh.  The main reason Jones looks good on paper is because he's throwing a lot in catch-up situations and padding the stats.  I'll never be a stat guy, I prefer to let my eyes do the evaluation the eyes say Josh Allen is way ahead of Daniel Jones as of 12/22/19.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Based on that logic wonʻt a QB drafted #1 ALWAYS win the game at the end? Wouldnʻt that also imply that whichever QB was drafted higher in that game, thatʻs who should win?

And of course it means that every first round draft pick will always beat the veteran. And it also means that every play of every game includes this dynamic.

Edited by Pokebball

9 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

my logic has nothing to do with draft position and everything to do with execution when it counts, regardless of where a team acquired their guy. My point was that the front office and team deliberately chose this player to win games like this, and if he doesn’t start doing it, then it’s a let down. 

I voted 60% chance, FWIW

• Like (+1) 1