How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+

rayray808

How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+  

379 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+

• 10%
    • 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%
    • 100%

Just now, NewEra said:

It doesn’t matter if the fan base is divided.  All that will show me is that more of our fan base is blind.  He IS IMPROVING.  He misses some passes.  More than the best QBs.  No question.  I’m not saying he’s currently a great comment.  I’m saying he’s improving.  To say he isn’t improving is just blasphemy and is ridiculous imo.

what is my point?  

....shouldn't that be the REASONABLE expectation of a 2nd year kid with 26 starts?....why did Steve Young (...yup...HIM.....but what does he know?) say, "more collegians fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game"......why do former NFL QB's turned analysts (Dilfer, Simms, Palmer, Dorsey, etc) dissect Allen to date, with BOTH positives and negatives, and come out with NET positives for the kid's progress?.....what would THEY know?..."they all sucked".......then again, TBD "experts" would know best...

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

so One. One that was also taken in the same round in the same draft. Well then I give you Allen has passed Darnold and Baker too. 

so the Point really is disingenuous

also shall we compare to what is around Lamar to what is around Allen? And you also see a OC and HC allowing Lamar to be Lamar. And ours scared to let Josh be Josh 

My point was only Lamar has passed Josh this year.  He’s the Mvp.  He has passed him....this season.  

I agree that roman and Harbaugh have been HUGE in his success.  Maybe more so than Lamars actual play.  I believe if roman ever leaves, Lamar will likely regress some.  That being said, again, he’s MVP.  He’s passed JA, this season.  

I didn’t really have a point, more along the lines of “only one QB has passed josh.....and it’s the mvp”.  

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK fair enough.  Essentially I think you're saying "Josh Allen doesn't complete enough passes" in 3 different ways, so it comes back to the same problem.  To which I say, that's definitely a legit concern, but it's not all on him, either when we're leading the league in drops (and those are just scored drops, not passes a better WR or TE brings in)

I think the part about needing "near perfect mechanics to throw" is misguided or a misunderstanding.  Josh can throw off platfom too and usually does a handful of times a game.  But a QB's bread and butter is an on-platform throw with good mechanics, and that's no different for the guys you list.  Josh has improved a lot there this year, much further than I thought he'd go.  But he still needs to take a step, and no guarantees.

I'm not sure what you mean about "score for the first time at the end of regulation last night".   We didn't score there.  If we scored there, the game is tied.

You would have to define in what ways we are seeing "young QB pass him by" and who you mean for me to comment there, and I'll be honest - I dunno I'm interested in staying in this discussion.

End of regulation meaning he scored in the final seconds of the half for the first time-which has always been one of my biggest pet peeves- lack of situational awareness in two minute drill.

QBs passing him by in development meaning in his first 10 games Daniel Jones already has a couple 300 yard/4 TD games, as does Murray with 300 yard games and 65% completion...Murray has also had 2 games this year with 3 TD passes to Josh’s 1. (That being said, Josh left 2 passing TDs on the board last night- he should have had 4.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My point was only Lamar has passed Josh this year.  He’s the Mvp.  He has passed him....this season.  

I agree that roman and Harbaugh have been HUGE in his success.  Maybe more so than Lamars actual play.  I believe if roman ever leaves, Lamar will likely regress some.  That being said, again, he’s MVP.  He’s passed JA, this season.  

I didn’t really have a point, more along the lines of “only one QB has passed josh.....and it’s the mvp”.  

again it is one. Crispy said many QBs. So my point is he is disingenuous with his point. 

Maybe I'm too much of a homer, but considering that Allen was out a good portion of last year, I think his progress has been absolutely remarkable.  He has that determination to fix mistakes & improve that you want - he's relentless when it comes to evaluating himself and looking for ways to get better.  It reminds me of the dude he faced off against yesterday.

And he is BIG in both prime time games, and in the 4th quarter. It's hard to adequately convey how important that quality is if we every hope to win a championship.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he wasn't our starter in 3 years, or 10 years.  I'm so happy we got him over Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield (no comment on Jackson for the time being).  We finally have a guy we can build around, and that should be exactly what we do going forward.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

End of regulation meaning he scored in the final seconds of the half for the first time-which has always been one of my biggest pet peeves- lack of situational awareness in two minute drill.

QBs passing him by in development meaning in his first 10 games Daniel Jones already has a couple 300 yard/4 TD games, as does Murray with 300 yard games and 65% completion...Murray has also had 2 games this year with 3 TD passes to Josh’s 1. (That being said, Josh left 2 passing TDs on the board last night- he should have had 4.

Daniel Jones is where?

1st Overall Pick is Where? 

So you would put Murray and Jones on this roster right now?

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....shouldn't that be the REASONABLE expectation of a 2nd year kid with 26 starts?....why did Steve Young (...yup...HIM.....but what does he know?) say, "more collegians fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game"......why do former NFL QB's turned analysts (Dilfer, Simms, Palmer, Dorsey, etc) dissect Allen to date, with BOTH positives and negatives, and come out with NET positives for the kid's progress?.....what would THEY know?..."they all sucked".......then again, TBD "experts" would know best...

Absolutely.  Everyone wants to skip the growing pains portion of growing.  In most cases, that’s not reality 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

it has been pointed out each game. When he is on platform feet pointing right way he is deadly accurate. 

when his base widens or pointing wrong he is way off target 

...you mean to tell me that this is not a fundamental flaw, assuming a quick fix correctable that Palmer or Dorsey do NOT see?....if not, why not?....

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It doesn’t matter if the fan base is divided.  All that will show me is that more of our fan base is blind.  He IS IMPROVING.  He misses some passes.  More than the best QBs.  No question.  I’m not saying he’s currently a great QB.   I’m saying he’s improving.  To say he isn’t improving is just blasphemy and is ridiculous imo.

what is my point?  

I don’t know any fan that has ever said that Josh hasn’t improved...so I don’t really know what you’re talking about...the stats are pretty clear that Josh has improved.

The problem is that Josh was so bad last year that even with his improvements  this year, he is STILL a bottom third passer...

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Daniel Jones has passed Josh Allen by?  You did just say that?

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t know any fan that has ever said that Josh hasn’t improved...so I don’t really know what you’re talking about...the stats are pretty clear that Josh has improved.

The problem is that Josh was so bad last year that even with his improvements  this year, he is STILL a bottom third passer...

ooo no a raw QB. Wait we all knew that is what was drafted. 

Just now, JaCrispy said:

This is such an obnoxious question.

And Yet True

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

it has been pointed out each game. When he is on platform feet pointing right way he is deadly accurate. 

when his base widens or pointing wrong he is way off target 

He's been through 4 years at a D1 college football program, two NFL training camps, and has worked with QB guru Jordan Palmer the last two years, yet his footwork is still a problem...and is still fixable down the road?

okie dokie

IMO...I think it's more a case of what you see, is what you get(in terms of his accuracy)

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You said it, not me...

everyone here knew that. If they didn’t well that’s on them. And the Raw QB has shown what you want to see GROWTH. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

He's been through 4 years at a D1 college football program, two NFL training camps, and has worked with QB guru Jordan Palmer the last two years, yet his footwork is still a problem...and is still fixable down the road?

okie dokie

IMO...I think it's more a case of what you see, is what you get(in terms of his accuracy)

um let see tell me how many Wyoming QBs came in to the NFL with proper and polished footwork. 

his accuracy is fine. The Area he likely will always struggle is the over the top throws. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

okie dokie

2 years in D1 just fyi,  heck let's say 3 one being with a busted up shoulder

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Your quote:  “Josh Allen is requiring a lot of patience, and we aren’t sure if he can get any better than he already is...”

You’re saying that we aren’t sure if he can get better than he already is.......meanwhile......he’s better than he was two weeks ago and is improving every day.  

you don’t think he’s going to get better than he is today?

It doesn’t help him that Cody Ford just gets abused on the reg and all of our WRs are under 6 foot.  Are there any other QBs that has their top 3 Wrs at 5’10, 5’8 and 5’7?   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely.  Everyone wants to skip the growing pains portion of growing.  In most cases, that’s not reality 

...LMAO bud......."reality" and some "TBD experts" in the SAME sentence?....gonna have to change my Depends now...let's revisit and gift wrap some "gems" in the "Christmas spirit"......."fire McBeane & McDermott now"....."Pegula, our clueless Owner"......"Allen is a bust"..."Too Small Ed is a bust"....."Edmunds sucks"........"letting Shady go is a major mistake"....."we effed up with Mahomes in the draft (yet "NO Air Raid QB EVER makes it in the NFL")......"we missed Milano in injury but he's a liability in his return"......"we should use Tre' as trade bait to move up (2018)"....." Foles...Cousins.....Cutler...etc as bring 'em in".......the list is endless.........

image.png.86ad08cbc6e883d0ab7503f9fb24b596.png

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

um let see tell me how many Wyoming QBs came in to the NFL with proper and polished footwork. 

his accuracy is fine. The Area he likely will always struggle is the over the top throws. 

ummm...feel free to cherry pick the parts of my post that support your argument, and just ignore the rest. lol

I'll move on.  This is going nowhere.