How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+

rayray808

How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+  

379 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Josh Allen will be our starter for the next 3 years+

• 10%
    • 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%
    • 100%

10 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yeah you are equal opportunity all right. You're perfectly objective in your mind. Your a hater and you know it.

Well I think you’re a hater and I think you’re trying to cover it up by calling me a hater....?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, stating the obvious, his completion is around last in the NFL...the fact that he requires near perfect mechanics to throw when you have guys like Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Wilson (all guys the bills had chances to draft) that can complete all kinds of passes throwing off platform is very discouraging....he is two years in and still doesn’t have a season of 60% completion.

Now, passing for 300 yards isn’t a stat that tells a whole lot...but when you have rookie QBs doing it with ease and Allen can’t come close to sniffing 300 after 25 games, it makes you question why it’s like “pulling teeth” for him.

His situational awareness has been suspect...however I was pleased to finally see him score for the first time at the end of regulation last night...

He’s completed 3 deep balls the passed two games which is good...but he still had a handful of overthrows last night that should have been completed and likely would have won the game...and they were just overthrows- they weren’t even close...

I think these are all legitimate concerns for people...Josh Allen is requiring a lot of patience, and we aren’t sure if he can get any better than he already is...We are seeing young QBs pass him by and it can certainly be frustrating at times.

Which ones are these that are passing him by?

13 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

be fair and objective  Allen isnt operating the 2000 Rams offense  Bills still have below average playmakers and O line  He had a ton of pressure in his face thanks to facing endless third and longs Not many qbs are going to look good with Cody Ford blocking on the edge with no help and zero running game.  When he has time he's pretty spot on with exception of the deep shots. 

This is all true but when Allen has time he misses throws a franchise qb makes...

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, stating the obvious, his completion is around last in the NFL...the fact that he requires near perfect mechanics to throw when you have guys like Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Wilson (all guys the bills had chances to draft) that can complete all kinds of passes throwing off platform is very discouraging....he is two years in and still doesn’t have a season of 60% completion.

Now, passing for 300 yards isn’t a stat that tells a whole lot...but when you have rookie QBs doing it with ease and Allen can’t come close to sniffing 300 after 25 games, it makes you question why it’s like “pulling teeth” for him.

His situational awareness has been suspect...however I was pleased to finally see him score for the first time at the end of regulation last night...

He’s completed 3 deep balls the passed two games which is good...but he still had a handful of overthrows last night that should have been completed and likely would have won the game...and they were just overthrows- they weren’t even close...

I think these are all legitimate concerns for people...Josh Allen is requiring a lot of patience, and we aren’t sure if he can get any better than he already is...We are seeing young QBs pass him by and it can certainly be frustrating at times.

This is just a ridiculous statement.  Who isn’t sure?  He’s gets better every day.  Pretty obvious for those blessed with eyesight to see.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Which ones are these that are passing him by?

This season, Lamar.  That’s it.  He’s exaggerating to try and prove a point.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is just a ridiculous statement.  Who isn’t sure?  He’s gets better every day.  Pretty obvious for those blessed with eyesight to see.

This season, Lamar.  That’s it.  He’s exaggerating to try and prove a point.  

so One. One that was also taken in the same round in the same draft. Well then I give you Allen has passed Darnold and Baker too. 

so the Point really is disingenuous

also shall we compare to what is around Lamar to what is around Allen? And you also see a OC and HC allowing Lamar to be Lamar. And ours scared to let Josh be Josh 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Not according to a lot of posts on this board...I think the fan base may be divided more than you know...

i think most fans are rooting for Josh and HOPE that he works out...but I don’t think that most fans think he has already arrived, or are even 100% certain that he ever will...then there is a smaller percentage of bills fans who just think Allen is God and can never do wrong, and they will never criticize him...I thinks that’s a little unrealistic.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

...and you know this how? 

because Footwork is fixable. Every QB that has played to position will tell you the same. But what it does take is Work and a Work Ethic to get better. And I think Josh has shown that work ethic. 

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

OK fair enough.  Essentially I think you're saying "Josh Allen doesn't complete enough passes" in 3 different ways, so it comes back to the same problem.  To which I say, that's definitely a legit concern, but it's not all on him, either when we're leading the league in drops (and those are just scored drops, not passes a better WR or TE brings in)

I think the part about needing "near perfect mechanics to throw" is misguided or a misunderstanding.  Josh can throw off platfom too and usually does a handful of times a game.  But a QB's bread and butter is an on-platform throw with good mechanics, and that's no different for the guys you list.  Josh has improved a lot there this year, much further than I thought he'd go.  But he still needs to take a step, and no guarantees.

I'm not sure what you mean about "score for the first time at the end of regulation last night".   We didn't score there.  If we scored there, the game is tied.

You would have to define in what ways we are seeing "young QB pass him by" and who you mean for me to comment there, and I'll be honest - I dunno I'm interested in staying in this discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well I think you’re a hater and I think you’re trying to cover it up by calling me a hater....?

Yeah It pisses me off when someone knows they hate Allen and throughout the season make comments as such, and then don't have the onions to admit it. There are some on 2BD who will support, could be wrong IMO, why they don't like him and want to move on. I can respect that a lot more.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

because Footwork is fixable. Every QB that has played to position will tell you the same. But what it does take is Work and a Work Ethic to get better. And I think Josh has shown that work ethic. 

I meant how do you know his footwork is the problem?

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not according to a lot of posts on this board...I think the fan base may be divided more than you know...

i think most fans are rooting for Josh and HOPE that he works out...but I don’t think that most fans think he has already arrived, or are even 100% certain that he ever will...then there is a smaller percentage of bills fans who just think Allen is God and can never do wrong, and they will never criticize him...I thinks that’s a little unrealistic.

It doesn’t matter if the fan base is divided.  All that will show me is that more of our fan base is blind.  He IS IMPROVING.  He misses some passes.  More than the best QBs.  No question.  I’m not saying he’s currently a great QB.   I’m saying he’s improving.  To say he isn’t improving is just blasphemy and is ridiculous imo.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

so One. One that was also taken in the same round in the same draft. Well then I give you Allen has passed Darnold and Baker too. 

so your Point really is disingenuous

what is my point?  

Edited by NewEra

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I meant how do you know his footwork is the problem?

it has been pointed out each game. When he is on platform feet pointing right way he is deadly accurate. 

when his base widens or pointing wrong he is way off target 

The biggest issue with JA is the opposite of what we have had with all our guys in the past. He doesn’t look to check the ball down. He sees open guys 5 yards down the field but he wants more.

i love that attitude, and I think he will figure out over time when to be aggressive and when to check it down. That is something that is easily improved on. If he were EJ or Trent and never could complete a ball in the middle of the field, then I would be in panic mode now.

Just now, NewEra said:

It doesn’t matter if the fan base is divided.  All that will show me is that more of our fan base is blind.  He IS IMPROVING.  He misses some passes.  More than the best QBs.  No question.  I’m not saying he’s currently a great comment.  I’m saying he’s improving.  To say he isn’t improving is just blasphemy and is ridiculous imo.

what is my point?  

changed it. Grammar my bad 

12 hours ago, rayray808 said:

We are now at the point where a few things have been established:

- Playoffs are a lock

- Josh Allen is streaky

- Josh Allen has good games, and some not so good games

- Josh Allen is a duel threat who leads the league in rushing TDʻs but also fumbles

In threads there seems to be a divide that puts people all in on either him being the franchise, or him never able to make the jump to being an NFL starter.

This thread is intended to be able to quantify exactly how confident you are that he is indeed the future of the franchise without being 0% or 100% about it.

GO BILLS 

Gee, I didn't even know he owned a saber....

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is all true but when Allen has time he misses throws a franchise qb makes...

He does but you cant teach that 4th down sneak or being able to backfoot a 50 yard td pass while getting drilled or routinely drilling completions on stick routes into tiny windows.  Everybody said he wouldnt make it because he was a turnover machine and he fixed it.  He'll fix the deep ball  Its getting better.  He may never be a west coast offense 70% passer but if the Bills can find some playmakers he could run a explosive vertical offense off rpos  We just dont have the horses yet and the O line needs more help

• Like (+1) 1

Can we reflect on the 2018 Draft Class.  From a longevity perspective ... I'll take our Josh all day long.

Baker -- cashed in on endorsements .. had a ton of talent around him (more than our Josh) and crapped out this year

Darnold - seeing ghosts

Lamar - Obvious MVP this year .. but my concern is given his playing style .. can he continue long term (3+ years as thread asks)

Rosen - to quote Ocho Cinco ... Child please .. two teams ... and the comfort of riding the pine for both teams

Our Josh will only continue to grow (yes I yelled yesterday at the overthrows in the end zone .. but he makes plays net of Lamar that the others just can't do)  ... look at the evolution from year 1 to year 2 ... I'm all in on Allen