Robert Foster = total non factor

Steptide

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Nobody can make plays if they don’t get targets. We don’t target Foster, or kroft, or singletary in the pass game, usually don’t even target McKenzie just use him as misdirection mostly. You can’t blame guys for not making plays if they are not given chances to make plays. Foster had 1 target tonight? That was him on the high throw in the end zone right? If it wasn’t him then I never even seen him on offense. 
I don’t care about duke or Yeldon but I would rather get them active and sit some special teams guys just to show defenses something different. We run the same formations over and over and everyone knows we will only target 3 guys in brown Beasley and Knox. At least mix up the formations some. If I see McKenzie on the fake sweep one more time I might puke. Glad they at least tried brown on one tonight 

Yes, we are indeed predictable.

51 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He did make a tackle today on special teams. At least that is something. Agreed on the find another receiver. It clearly isn’t Duke, the coaches aren’t giving him another shot for one reason or another. Have to go into the draft to find a legit receiver. Need a guy who can body out a corner, make a contested catch, make a jump ball catch. 

Well, it’s supposed to be a deep WR draft so we have more than enough time to get into that after free agency.

53 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would not have said this before the regular season started but : if this was how we were going to use Foster, then I wish we would have kept Zay Jones. Zay was a total letdown and it seemed as if there was no place for him. But at this point, I’d much rather see him on the outside across from Brown. I don’t understand what happened with Foster but it’s been a complete waste.

No!

It's not a Duke Williams thread, but it has to be.  There is no reason for Foster or Perry to be on the gameday roster over Duke and Yeldon.  NONE.  

12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Wonder what changed from last year to this year

JA not throwing the deep ball, and when he does, not as accurately i think is the answer.  

The whole offense is discombobulated.  I blame Daboll's play calling.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I know he's a special teamer, but even in that category he seems nowhere to be found. Foster has 3 catches this year for 64 yards. In 2 games Duke williams has 6 catches for 58 yards. 

This isn't another Duke williams thread, it's a find another freaking reciever thread. Whether it's Duke williams or someone else, the bills desperately need another passing threat. Beasley and brown are solid, but past that the bills are almost hopeless. 

This is the only team in the NFL that has been using only 2 primary wrs all year. Daboll is beyond stupid and is handcuffing Josh.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Either Josh has lost confidence in Foster and Mackenzie or they get no separation. Perhaps that's why Josh has to take sacks and or tuck it and run. Why can't Dabol throw to his backs. I also didn't see one screen.  They are running really vanilla offense with  an O-line that can't open holes against good front sevens. Unfortunately that's usually what you face in the playoffs. 

good analysis here.  I would add that: 

1.  Josh should throw it away.  Some of the sacks he took today were holding on way too long.  

2.  Dabol needs to throw to his RB's.  And get Yeldon active.  

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

This is the only team in the NFL that has been using only 2 primary wrs all year. Daboll is beyond stupid and is handcuffing Josh.

Daboll is very much handcuffing Josh.  I get cutting down on the Int's, that has been great, but what the heck with the inconsistent playcalling.  The only time we were in a rythym is when we needed to go down the field at the end of each half.  He's way too conservative in his routine play calling.  

33 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

It's not a Duke Williams thread, but it has to be.  There is no reason for Foster or Perry to be on the gameday roster over Duke and Yeldon.  NONE.  

JA not throwing the deep ball, and when he does, not as accurately i think is the answer.  

The whole offense is discombobulated.  I blame Daboll's play calling.  

I wholeheartedly agree. Players like Duke & TJ could've helped us against Baltimore and NE. The stubborn nature of these coaches is dumbfounding? It took them forever to get rid of Peterman and Zay. There's 5-6 semi-worthless players that get activated every week only to contribute NOTHING  to this pathetic offense. Maybe 6-3 Duke catches that last jump ball over 5-8 smurf Beasley? Singletary struggles running routes. Where's Yeldon?

• Like (+1) 2

Nice thread, completely agree and really hope we can move on from Foster. Fans still act like he's going to come around, as if an entire lost season isn't enough. We don't have some secret weapon at WR that may go off eventually - we essentially have incomplete WR depth. Foster is never going to duplicate what he did at the very end of last season. It was a nice story for awhile, but he was always an UDFA for a reason.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Neither Foster or Duke the hero will be on this roster next season. Bet the mortgage. 

Sounds like the guy who put $5K on game and then had to hide from wife and disappeared.

11 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Wonder what changed from last year to this year

He seems to change when McCoy left.  McCoy is the one who gave him lecture last year when he was demoted to PS.

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

The guy had, what - 4 or 5 , 100-yard receiving games last year.

What the hell has happened,  how has he fallen off the face of the NFL map?

SHADY was not here to light a fire under his ass.

Seems like Foster has a motivation problem.

Some people on this board talk as if we have coaches that know nothing about football. We as fans do not know what goes on in the locker room and practice.

Perhaps, these "flash in the pan" players we fans clamor for do not learn their routes. Perhaps they have too many drops during practice. Who knows?

The coaches know!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

I know he's a special teamer, but even in that category he seems nowhere to be found. Foster has 3 catches this year for 64 yards. In 2 games Duke williams has 6 catches for 58 yards. 

This isn't another Duke williams thread, it's a find another freaking reciever thread. Whether it's Duke williams or someone else, the bills desperately need another passing threat. Beasley and brown are solid, but past that the bills are almost hopeless. 

It is another Duke Williams thread. 

This Offensive Personnel is going to be the same offensive personnel you are going to see until next year.  

We need to have two more legit WRs, and another TE (maybe two), a RT, an OG and a No 2 RB,

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I would not have said this before the regular season started but : if this was how we were going to use Foster, then I wish we would have kept Zay Jones. Zay was a total letdown and it seemed as if there was no place for him. But at this point, I’d much rather see him on the outside across from Brown. I don’t understand what happened with Foster but it’s been a complete waste.

It sounds good in theory, but Jones had this intangible negative effect on the passing game.

Somehow, someway, he just seemed to repel the ball. Something would always happen when the ball came his way that would lead to an incompletion. Sometimes his fault, sometimes not, but he was just one of those unlucky people. From some rumors I heard, he was the same way off the field (beyond the famous hotel incident). Getting involved in situations no NFL player should be getting involved in. 

He was good riddance. We need players that bring fortunate events, not unfortunate events.