The Bills loss can be summed up in two words...

folz

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

McD is a long way from outthinking BB.  I do hope he gets there.

probably better off waiting for Belichick to retire 

this does happen, Jordan waited for the Celtics/Lakers/ Pistons to fall apart before he took over

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

But he didn’t throw INt’s and had us in position to tie at the end...

Yes. That was good.  But the last four plays in the red zone tell the story.  Missed a wide open receiver in the end zone on 2nd.  Took a sack on 3rd.  Bailed out of the pocket and threw up a prayer on 4th.  Didn’t get a lot of help but missed the play that was there.  .  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Like I mentioned, fundamentals (poor tackling, errant passes, etc) were part of the problem, but so was coaching, especially on defense.  We brought no pressure against Brady, who is vulnerable to it up the middle.  No stunting.  I didn't even see the defensive line putting their hands in the air to bat down Brady's passes on a consistent basis.  Our run game sucked, the Pats have been vulnerable against the run and we did not take advantage of it.  It was a team loss, coaching included.

I didn't get either  the no stunts, no blitzing ever, etc. I don't think they played vanilla defense, on purpose! I hope not! Like if they face them again in the playoffs, it"s not like Belichick and co don't have lots of stuff to look at... 

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Yes. That was good.  But the last four plays in the red zone tell the story.  Missed a wide open receiver in the end zone on 2nd.  Took a sack on 3rd.  Bailed out of the pocket and threw up a prayer on 4th.  Didn’t get a lot of help but missed the play that was there.  .  

Some semblance of an offensive line would have helped. You had 3 played to get 8 yards the play execution sucked from the line, god give your. QB a chance. 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They were dropbacks and scrambles or QB draws. Not at all same thing. 

I consider them to be the same.  Allen runs then Allen scores.

10 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

No doubt he does. The Pats are way to well coached for that crap though.

They are without question well coached.  I'm fine with Brady coming back.  I want Bill gone.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, folz said:

Poor tackling.

You can blame Daboll and Josh and the offense all you want. And yes, Josh missed a few plays that were there to be made and took some bad sacks. But they were going up against the best defense in the NFL. A team that is putting up historical numbers. The Pats have held teams to an average of 12.9 points/game. And we scored 17. Did the offense need to be better, yes, but they weren't the main reason for the loss in my mind. A few notes: Josh is only the 2nd quarterback this season (along with Watson) to throw two TD passes against the Pats D; John Brown's TD in the 3rd quarter is the first and only TD Gilmore has given up this year; Beasley is only the 2nd receiver this year to gain 100 yards against the Pats defense. This just in...the Pats D is really good. And the completely unbalanced time of possession in the first three quarters, didn't give the offense many opportunities or a chance to get into a rhythm.

The real reason the Bills lost was unusually poor tackling by the defense. There were so many plays where not just the first guy, but then the second guy missed the tackle. They let Michel and Burkhead look like All-Pro backs. So, if you want to blame something, it should be that. Back to fundamentals this week boys.

Still, though I'm not taking a moral victory out of this, for the most part, I'm proud of the team. They went in and played hard for 60 minutes. Had a 4th quarter lead and almost pulled the game into a tie at the end, despite being on the road, against the best in the business, and with the refs, let's say, not being friendly towards them. 

It's disappointing that the team couldn't get over the hump today, but there is no question that this Bills team can play with the big boys in this league. Take each game as experience. There is a lot to learn from this one, in a playoff-type atmosphere, for their future playoff games. Yes, I said games (plural). And hopefully next week they can gain some confidence and momentum against the Jets, and go into the playoffs confident and battle-tested.

Go Bills!

The real reason why the Bills lost was first Frazier did not Blitz enough which allowed a QB who has been struggling to get comfortable and pick them apart.  I  hope Murphy is the first player the Bills cut after this season.  Total waste and would save them over 7 million in cap space,  the guy has been a huge disappointment along with Star.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I didn't get either  the no stunts, no blitzing ever, etc. I don't think they played vanilla defense, on purpose! I hope not! Like if they face them again in the playoffs, it"s not like Belichick and co don't have lots of stuff to look at... 

The vanilla defense was on purpose and planned, I doubt it was an accident.  Now why McD wanted to go vanilla, I'm not sure.  Was he afraid of Brady?  I'm not so sure I believe that; he wasn't back in Sept when he constantly harassed, hit, and sacked Brady.  Did McD treat this like a pre season game?  Almost seems like it, just sitting back and thinking about it.  It's almost like McD wanted to stress fundamentals rather than game planning.

Agree, Belichick has a ton of Bills film to look at from earlier this season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, we did it against Pitt and Dallas, couldn't quite get over the hump against the new darling Ravens or NE. 

LMFAO, That drive lead to points and could have been stopped with a proper call. 

How in the F do you not flag that after a full conversation?

BONUS: Non call

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Terrible?  Really? I feel they were outcoached, yes, but the margin wasn't that bad, and they were not "terrible". Josh had brutal inaccuracy until the Knox almost TD catch, and was damn good after. Yeah he did hold the ball too long but besides that he was good after he finally hit the right spots. Even in his long inaccurate phase, at least he read the defense well. He didn't connect but at least made the right decisions. But when guys are open on offense and the D misses tackles, you're going to blame the coaches? 

Typically Brady is good against blitzes but still, the Bills front four could not generate enough pressure, blitzes had been working the last weeks, I don't understand they did almost zero. I always foam at the mouth when Brady is barely hit.

That was true in the past but Brady has been the worst QB in the league when pressured this season.  That was just a pathetic defensive gameplan today.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Poor fundamental tackling has been one of two huge problems all season. 

Yeah it has. They’ve been good at gang tackling so missed tackles haven’t been that much of a sore spot but it has been a problem all year.

I think I saw that they missed 16 tackles vs the Steelers last week! They are one of the league leaders in missed tackles on the season too.

• Like (+1) 1