Josh makes hard throws, misses easy ones

Rockee96

Gotta give him 3 full seasons before making absolute declarations.  But I would like to see more designed short passes like the Pats do for Brady... and he should instinctively scramble more and slide.  Too much backpedaling and throwing off his back foot.  He needs to step up confidently and stop with the negative plays 

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If I told you at 4pm today that Allen would go 13-26 for 205 and run for 45 more throw 2 TDs and have zero turnovers would you have taken that?  

Would you have assumed that should equal a win?

No he's not Elway.....yet.  But my God if this kid doesn't have you excited considering his growth poise and leadership I don't know what to tell you.

I am patient with young QB's, but he missed a few today that would have won this game, even though the team playing very poorly as a whole.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I am patient with young QB's, but he missed a few today that would have won this game, even though the team playing very poorly as a whole.

Yes we all saw this.  No doubt.

So do most QBs.  They ALL miss throws.  

Evaluate the big picture.

• Like (+1) 2

Daboll puts him into a bind too much with conservative throw away plays  We were in 2nd and 9 or 2nd and 10 way too many times  OL could not create holes at all.  Given the D couldnt get off the field and O line gave us zero run game we still had a chance to tie and it was all Allen  That run, run, run drive after we were up 17-13 didnt help  I though we would be "fearless' with nothing on the line today. McConservative though otherwise

9 minutes ago, MDH said:

He’s not that accurate but you can live with that. His biggest issue is his processing time. We need to see a big jump next year in how quickly reads a D and finds the correct guy to throw to. If he doesn’t improve dramatically next season then this regime will have a big decision to make.

As it is all you have to do is all out blitz him and he freezes and tries to run out of it instead of planting his foot and firing the ball to an open guy. He just doesn’t know where to go with the ball.

Not true at all he burned cover zero on the final drive with a throw to Beasley if he can do it once he can keep doing it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not true at all he burned cover zero on the final drive with a throw to Beasley if he can do it once he can keep doing it 

If he can do it a single time that proves he’ll eventually be able to do it with regularity?

No, it doesn’t. It was nice to see it on that play but consistency is what makes a franchise QB. I think we’ll see improvement next year but there is no guarantee he ever puts it all together. Obviously, we all hope he will.

Edited by MDH
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

I don't think Josh is our franchise QB. Yes he makes amazing throws, but he consistently misses the easy ones. That is not a recipe for success. I know he has great leadership, personality, and heart, but at the end of the day, you have to make the easy throws. I doubt that at this point, his accuracy will improve. It's not about the receivers, the o-line, or coaching - we're not going to be consistent winners with Josh as our QB. Yes, he is better than the QBs we've had since Jim, but I don't see him winning for us consistently. 

You first sentence is naive and pre-mature.  The rest is accurate.  If this was a playoff environment, then he has to hit Knox on that last drive.  That's when you are next level and ready as a QB.  Based off this ONE GAME, where he also showed improvement in other areas, he has a little ways to go.

40 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

I don't think Josh is our franchise QB. Yes he makes amazing throws, but he consistently misses the easy ones. That is not a recipe for success. I know he has great leadership, personality, and heart, but at the end of the day, you have to make the easy throws. I doubt that at this point, his accuracy will improve. It's not about the receivers, the o-line, or coaching - we're not going to be consistent winners with Josh as our QB. Yes, he is better than the QBs we've had since Jim, but I don't see him winning for us consistently. 

This post is a joke. Gtfo. Allen kept fighting and it wasn’t until the coaching staff decided it was time for the defense to put the game away after we got the lead that it was in question. The script was flipped tonight. The offense kept the team in the game and the defense let us down. 

20 minutes ago, MDH said:

If he can do it a single time that proves he’ll eventually be able to do it with regularity?

No, it doesn’t. It was nice to see it on that play but consistency is what makes a franchise QB. I think we’ll see improvement next year but there is no guarantee he ever puts it all together. Obviously, we all hope he will.

If you do something once it’s in your brain that you can keep doing it 

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If I told you at 4pm today that Allen would go 13-26 for 205 and run for 45 more throw 2 TDs and have zero turnovers would you have taken that?  

Would you have assumed that should equal a win?

No he's not Elway.....yet.  But my God if this kid doesn't have you excited considering his growth poise and leadership I don't know what to tell you.

Thank you

Typically, a 250yd, 2TD and 0 turnover game leads to wins 9 out of 10 times for the Bills. Our D let up some very long drives today, missing many tackles which hurt.  TOP was like 2:1 which doesn't work at all in this league. 

• Like (+1) 2

his floor is higher than it was at the start of the season... as is his ceiling

letʻs try and sneak a playoff win or two, and let Josh do what he does best: work at his craft and improve.

couple that with building more weapons on O and guess what? HE IS THE FRANCHISE GUY

in your face OP

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Pretty much this. I love Josh and want him to be here a long time. The Superman sneak part 2 is just one great example of why. But every game he has too many “smash the coffee table” throws. First drive should have been a TD. Missed two open shots that would have been TD’s. Last drive should have been a TD to Knox. Wide open in the end zone. Missed Cole when Cole got open by 5 yards and he still threw it in front of him by 5 yards. One a game? Sure. But tends to have 4 or 5 a game. I really, really hope this is something he can rein in soon. It is absolutely maddening. 

But all that said, still love the kid and glad he’s here.