Josh makes hard throws, misses easy ones

Rockee96

I don't think Josh is our franchise QB. Yes he makes amazing throws, but he consistently misses the easy ones. That is not a recipe for success. I know he has great leadership, personality, and heart, but at the end of the day, you have to make the easy throws. I doubt that at this point, his accuracy will improve. It's not about the receivers, the o-line, or coaching - we're not going to be consistent winners with Josh as our QB. Yes, he is better than the QBs we've had since Jim, but I don't see him winning for us consistently. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve been down on him for weeks, but I do not agree his accuracy cannot improve. It’s been pointed out a million times his footwork is a big deal. It’s not natural to him to set his feet yet when he throws. From last year to this year his decision making is light years better. I expect the footwork to improve. Waaaaaaay to early to give up on him. He has not peaked. 
Just my two cents but his biggest problem is trying to make too many big plays. Sometimes the check down is ok. 
Checking it down helps him stay in rhythm completing passes. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 3

What a ridiculous post. I can't read this board often because of the asinine comments about Josh. Throw Josh out and see what happens to your crummy franchise. lmfao. You are the Bills. The freaking Bills! You are in the playoffs and it's largely because you have a good QB, finally. It's asinine how Josh is treated here. I hope he gets out of Buffalo and goes to a place where he gets real coaching and has real WRs and fans that appreciate him. 

Edited by LanderPoke
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

I don't think Josh is our franchise QB. Yes he makes amazing throws, but he consistently misses the easy ones. That is not a recipe for success. I know he has great leadership, personality, and heart, but at the end of the day, you have to make the easy throws. I doubt that at this point, his accuracy will improve. It's not about the receivers, the o-line, or coaching - we're not going to be consistent winners with Josh as our QB. Yes, he is better than the QBs we've had since Jim, but I don't see him winning for us consistently. 

What a load of rat feces. 

It's obvious that this offense is a year away from being good.  Allen is clearly our franchise QB and once we surround him with above average weapons this will be a productive offense.

As for winning with Allen at QB?  Are you kidding me.  It takes a special type of ignorance to say that when the Bills are having their best season in 20 years and have already locked up a playoff spot.  We ARE winning with Allen at QB. 

4 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

will he ever settle down and be in rhythm all the time

dear GOD if he was

That's difficult to do when you can't get a team off he field and they have close to 40 minutes of TOP. 

• Like (+1) 4

He’s not that accurate but you can live with that. His biggest issue is his processing time. We need to see a big jump next year in how quickly reads a D and finds the correct guy to throw to. If he doesn’t improve dramatically next season then this regime will have a big decision to make.

As it is all you have to do is all out blitz him and he freezes and tries to run out of it instead of planting his foot and firing the ball to an open guy. He just doesn’t know where to go with the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

What an ridiculous post. I can't read this board often because of the asinine comments about Josh. Throw Josh out and see what happens to your crummy franchise. lmfao. You are the Bills. The freaking Bills! You are in the playoffs and it's largely because you have a good QB, finally. It's asinine how Josh is treated here. I hope he gets out of Buffalo and goes to a place where he's gets real coaching and has real WRs and fans that appreciate him. 

The overwhelming percent of fans do appreciate him LanderPoke.  But I get how frustrating it is to read some of these DUMB comments about Allen here. 

We're lucky that we finally have our franchise QB.  Allen is someone you can build an offense around.  That a tiny minority of numbskulls don't see this is on them. 

• Like (+1) 5

If I told you at 4pm today that Allen would go 13-26 for 205 and run for 45 more throw 2 TDs and have zero turnovers would you have taken that?  

Would you have assumed that should equal a win?

No he's not Elway.....yet.  But my God if this kid doesn't have you excited considering his growth poise and leadership I don't know what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1