we need a big receiver on the field for the end of games tired of this *****

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Think Duke did enough today to get the nod next week? Had a drop but overall had a pretty good game.

I thought he should have got the nod all year but... yes, he should have done enough today.  Roberts could be still inactive next week anyhow.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Think Duke did enough today to get the nod next week? Had a drop but overall had a pretty good game.

He needs to be active over Foster. McKenzie and Andre Holmes serve different roles. I dont care if Foster plays special teams, find someone else. Foster was a feel good story last year, he obviously has a ton of speed... but he doesnt fight for contested balls and has depth judgement issues. Duke can make contested grabs, has that edge to him, provides us with a big body for once and also is a fantastic blocker.

22 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Except that one high point is probably the game winner and Knox will most likely drop it or run the route incorrectly. McKenzie doesn’t bring very much to the table in fact nothing that Brown doesn’t already give us. In the end saying Duke would only get one catch a game is pretty ridiculous...

He just caught a pass that was 6” off the turf, the kind nobody currently on our roster makes, and are always labeled un catchable Josh Allen passes.

Meatloaf.  Yum!

18 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I doubt it. McD is not going to be pleased with the huge drop, and the celebration after a 7 yard reception that forced a TO. He had a decent game, but his mistakes will reinforce what this staff already seems to think about him imo. I could be wrong, because at least he’s useful unlike McKenzie. I’m just not convinced the coaching staff feels the same. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I doubt it. McD is not going to be pleased with the huge drop, and the celebration after a 7 yard reception that forced a TO. He had a decent game, but his mistakes will reinforce what this staff already seems to think about him imo. I could be wrong, because at least he’s useful unlike McKenzie. I’m just not convinced the coaching staff feels the same. 

How different was his dropped pass compared to Beasley. Dude had over 100 receiving today and was a boss in the run game. 

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

How different was his dropped pass compared to Beasley. Dude had over 100 receiving today and was a boss in the run game. 

It’s not, it’s just different when the book has been written in the mind of a coaching staff. In sports (or any area of life), you’re given more chances when you have a decent rep. This coaching staff doesn’t seem too high on Williams. I think he did enough to be active next week, but I’m just saying I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s not. 

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Duke had more production in today's game than Foster has had all game  Our depth chart at wr and rb cant be filled with special teams guys  Honestly I dont know how we can afford to trot out both McKenzie, Roberts and Foster as out WR3  Bills have been super fortunate to not lose Beasley or Brown for any time.

Same at rb  If either Gore or Singeltary get dinged were giving playoff carries to Sinorise Perry?  C'mon McDermott find the room and carry Yeldon on the active  We do need 4 safeties do we?  While were at it Sweeney offers more than Kroft does  Think we can survive without a 7 year player who averages 1.2 receptions per game

8 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This is what most of us have been saying all year. The guy Duke Williams is a dam bull in a china shop with talent and big hands he is beast mode at the wideout position This guy is a serious weapon. He needs to play. 

who do you want blocking for your running backs from our wr chart  I'm taking the 230 lb guy with some nasty over the smurfs

• Thank you (+1) 1

Duke had the kind of game that we all knew he could have if given the chance. He had some nice grabs, a couple of drops (one was bad) and a couple of lousy throws that he couldn't get to  He made a real contribution. I don't think anyone who is a Duke fan was ever arguing that he would be anything but a #3 receiver on this team. The decision to make him inactive was plain stupid. He can make a difference and gives Josh another option that the other receivers don't.  He deserves to play next week but of course logic hasn't really been a strongpoint so far for these coaches and Duke so I will not hold my breath.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing that sells me is that it's not like we have to put Beasley or Brown on the bench to get Duke in the game.  I can't disagree with anyone who says he should be playing because at this point there is no one I'd rather have on the field with Brown and Beasley than him.  Foster for whatever reason has disappeared.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If anyone should be active it should be Yeldon.... 

It was almost surreal to see a Bills back catching the ball naturally out of the backfield and immediately turning upfield.

The only thing Gore offers right now is a guy who won't fumble late in a game we're trying to salt away. Is that really worth a roster spot in the playoffs when we're almost certainly going to need to score far more points than we have to win? I say no. I'll gladly get into that type of position and take my chances on DS securing the ball.