we need a big receiver on the field for the end of games tired of this *****

Interesting discussion regarding the bills needing a big body WR to throw to in crunch time. I trust that McBeane know that this years WR draft class is one of the deeper positions available. Beyond the massive cap they have available should they decide to pull the trigger on a free agent. I think I read AJ Green will be franchise tagged or I’d love that guy in a bills uniform. I trust the guys in charge to search every nook and cranny to find a guy they think will fit and succeed in Buffalo. Kroft  being injured this year hampered his playing time or I’d have liked to have seem he targeted in some of those situations he wasn’t utilized as often as he or the bills had hoped he would bring as far as production/scoring in 2019 it’s a shame 

I say this again because I started this thread, Foster and Mckenzie have not done much. Why have them active along with our do nothing fullback. Duke Williams won us a game against the Titans. He got injured in the next game on a great play and was never heard from again. I’m no Duke Williams fan boy I just want to win. You have to use the roster you have currently. It makes no sense to have 4 skilled players on the field that are shorter then 5 foot 10 inches. I’m counting Singletary on that list. Until we address this matter by free agency or in the draft next year it make real good sense to have Duke Williams on the active roster. End of story there should be no debate. Duke was our leading receiver in the preseason high pointing the ball all over the field and he won us a game in the clutch vs the Titans. He was the leading receiver in the Titans game as well. Go watch his CFL highlights all he does is go up high and high points his ball catches. He is a real weapon with size and talent. He was a five star recruit out of high school and the CFL leading receiver 2 years in a row. So spare me your response about how he is some low end recruit. Bottom line is I want to win Sean and Brandon are not perfect. There is no doubt having Duke Williams on the field makes us harder to defend. I want to win and that’s what matters most, I’m tired of watching midgets running all over the field. 

Edited by oldschoolfootball1963
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Duke was very productive with his limited chances, so it was surprising to me that he wasn't given more. I get that the coaches see these guys in practice every day, but if we were building rosters based on player performance in practice Peterman would still be our QB and Zay Jones our #1 receiver. I really hope Duke puts something together tomorrow so we can see him active in the playoffs.

A name to consider is Chase Claypool, from Notre Dame. 6ft 4 1/2. 220 pounds. Super athletic and agile. Hand catcher all the way. He makes a great acrobatic catch about once a game. Didn’t play football until late in high school and was an all province basketball player. He’s from Canada.

Lots of upside. Will be interesting to see what he runs in the 40. Give his highlights a look.

Anything Duke Williams can do, Dawson Knox "should" be able to do better. Knox is bigger AND faster. Yes, there have been some key drops, but the guy people are clamoring for is already on the roster. He just needs to catch the **** ball. 

The receivers ahead of Duke bring more to the table and the calculation is that those contributions are worth more than Duke's one high point ball opportunity per game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Anything Duke Williams can do, Dawson Knox "should" be able to do better. Knox is bigger AND faster. Yes, there have been some key drops, but the guy people are clamoring for is already on the roster. He just needs to catch the **** ball. 

The receivers ahead of Duke bring more to the table and the calculation is that those contributions are worth more than Duke's one high point ball opportunity per game. 

Except that one high point is probably the game winner and Knox will most likely drop it or run the route incorrectly. McKenzie doesn’t bring very much to the table in fact nothing that Brown doesn’t already give us. In the end saying Duke would only get one catch a game is pretty ridiculous...

3 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

This Justin Jefferson of LSU.

Is going to be a problem in the NFL.

I hope we grab him.

He just caught a pass that was 6” off the turf, the kind nobody currently on our roster makes, and are always labeled un catchable Josh Allen passes.

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Except that one high point is probably the game winner and Knox will most likely drop it or run the route incorrectly. McKenzie doesn’t bring very much to the table in fact nothing that Brown doesn’t already give us. In the end saying Duke would only get one catch a game is pretty ridiculous...

I just don't know how Williams lasted on the practice squad as long as he did....you'd think there'd be 31 teams pouncing on the opportunity to ***** up a guy who'd PROBABLY catch game winning passes on the regular.

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'll litterally be shocked if he isn't active tomorrow. Can't imagine beasley and brown are gonna play, plus Roberts is out 

Roberts is already out.  There is zero reason for him to not be active now.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You do know our coach sees Williams in practice every day, right?

Williams sounds fired-up, but his fire is that he's gonna train his ass off in the off-season, work with Brown to become a better smoother route runner, and get faster.

That is what he needs to do to see our (or someone elses's) field on a more regular basis.

Yeah well they seen  Singletary in practice every week and limited in game time too.  It still took them half a season before they actually started using him.  Fans clamored for it all season.  Coaches aren't always right.  They may be in this case but not necessarily.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

You, like our coaches are wrong on this specific issue, no your wrong, so are they, no you’re still wrong. They don’t bring jack to the table, look at their production, their combined production equals jack, no you’re still wrong, and so are the coaches on this specific issue. What we all want is production that reflects in wins, and those guys are not taken seriously by opposing teams, you know why? because they don’t produce. Yah I don’t care what others say on this specific issue, they are wrong. ?? yes this specific issue. ??

damn I need  a beer now...  how about you? ??

10-5 baby!

Playoff bound!!

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

You buyin?

Sure ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:37 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think McDermott should channel Mike Tomlin on that.  He really doesn't owe the press or the fans an explanation of his every roster decision.

The media forced Mcd to explain playing Peterman to the detriment of the team and they have always at least inquired about player decisions (good or bad). So why the non explanation of Duke's inactivity. If its not a big deal then just address it.  its a little strange to simply drop a player who is productive when asked to be, replace him with players that aren't that productive and keep the player inactive.  I think its pretty good question which the local media seem to be afraid to ask.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You do know our coach sees Williams in practice every day, right?

Williams sounds fired-up, but his fire is that he's gonna train his ass off in the off-season, work with Brown to become a better smoother route runner, and get faster.

That is what he needs to do to see our (or someone elses's) field on a more regular basis.

I see him in a football game so he should be active.  He was the bright spot of our lackluster offense today and we probably would have won if Barkley could throw.

• Like (+1) 1