we need a big receiver on the field for the end of games tired of this *****

This is really getting stupid to not have a big receiver on the field at the end of games. I’m sure we will get one next year. But you have to use who you got on the roster. I don’t want to hear it from anyone and I will not let it go. Duke Williams is on this roster and he needs to be used. I’m ***** pissed ? 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Let tell you something Mckenzie is ok but that’s not what we need he’s just like smoke and beasley. 

whats the point. Why is this coaching staff so stubborn on this issue. We are just pissing these games away at the end 

Saving him for the playoffs I'm sure...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t get it. 
Weeks past we’re dropping balls and duke is sure handed. Ok that is a fair point. 
Tonight, what did they need duke for? 
Allen missed two touchdowns to Knox. 
Is duke making those catches? Shaquille O’Neal in his prime isn’t making those catches. 
This game has zero to do with duke, or the receivers. Daboll had some bad calls, Allen missed throws, and the defense played soft and missed tackles. 
Sorry duke is not the difference between winning and losing today. This team had every chance to win. They did not execute. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Let tell you something Mckenzie is ok but that’s not what we need he’s just like smoke and beasley. 

whats the point. Why is this coaching staff so stubborn on this issue. We are just pissing these games away at the end 

Or you could ask why are the fanatics so stubborn on this insisting Williams should be playing?

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t get it. 
Weeks past we’re dropping balls and duke is sure handed. Ok that is a fair point. 
Tonight, what did they need duke for? 
Allen missed two touchdowns to Knox. 
Is duke making those catches? Shaquille O’Neal in his prime isn’t making those catches. 
This game has zero to do with duke, or the receivers. Daboll had some bad calls, Allen missed throws, and the defense played soft and missed tackles. 
Sorry duke is not the difference between winning and losing today. This team had every chance to win. They did not execute. 

I don't completely agree here. The pass to knox in the endzone that went off his hands I absolutely believe a taller reciever like Duke could've made. I'd even argue that final throw on 4th down couldve possibly been made by a bigger reciever. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I don't completely agree here. The pass to knox in the endzone that went off his hands I absolutely believe a taller reciever like Duke could've made. I'd even argue that final throw on 4th down couldve possibly been made by a bigger reciever. 

Isn’t Knox taller than duke? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Agreed, watching Beasley try to go up for the game tying TD was comical. The defender had a good 2 inches on him. We don't have any receivers that can go vertical and steal the catch. In crunch time you need a player like that.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I thought the same on the final 4th down play with the smaller Beasley trying so desperately to make a play. The problem is, size doesn’t always equal talent. Some of those contested catches are not just made by big guys, but by big guys with elite talent. Size alone doesn’t make those plays, and it’s tough to find elite big WR’s. With that said, I don’t see any reason not to activate Duke with other guys doing nothing. At least we’d have a chance in those situations. It might have been nice to have him on that final play for example.

Lee Smith

Patrick DiMarco

Robert Foster

Isaiah McKenzie 

Andre Roberts

Senorise Perry

.....all these 6 get activated and they produce nothing to this offense. Yet we have a capable 6-3 redzone threat we sit on the bench picking his nose. When are these dumbass coaches going to figure it out? Even 6-1 Yeldon would be productive? 

• Like (+1) 3