No facemask call on Josh's 4th down run.

Peace Frog

14 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Missed call. However, I’m yawning at all who choose to blame the loss on this call. 

What are you talking about?  Nobody, including me, the OP, said we lost because of this call.  I'm stating that how could something so blatantly obvious get missed, kind of like the intentional grounding by Brady or the tripping by Brady, etc.  If I was to point the finger of blame at anything, it was the missed tackles and poor pass rush by our D, and the spotty pass protection by our O-line.  What you're saying is a bit troll-esque.

“Number 34 was in the area” will go down in NFL officiating infamy, along with “Just give it to ‘em.”  An absolute disgrace.

6 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

No facemask, no intentional ground on Brady, phantom PI on Tre White, no personal foul on Brady trying to trip a player (lawson i believe)  after he was tackled for a loss trying to run for a first down, first down spotting of the ball when it was clear their RB was down on a crucial 4th down.... 

The list goes on and on. 

We did get one break that mattered.  I thought Sanu had the first down on that third down pass play at the end of the first half.  Johnson stuffed Harry on fourth down, and the Bills scored a TD a couple plays later.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Choose to broaden your horizons and you will find them  ... if you haven’t seen “the refs are paid by kraft/the refs hate the bills” posts, you’re not paying attention 

That's different than the claim you were asserting "I’m yawning at all who choose to blame the loss on this call. "

No one is blaming the loss on the missed face mask call (or any call). 

There doesn't seem to be a lot of debate that overall around the league, missed or suspect calls can be too much of a factor in the outcome of a game.  The Cowboys being called 2x for "tripping" vs the Pats, which the league said (after they lost) should not have been called, that kind of thing.  There's enough smoke all around that there's probably fire.

Good teams have to find a way to overcome those things, but no question it makes it tougher.

The Bills had a couple of calls yesterday that should not have happened on their part - illegal formation on 1st and 10 at the NE28, whatever that "unsportsmanlike" call on Jordan Phillips was about.  Those are avoidable.

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Didn’t end up meaning anything.  Bills still ended up with a first and goal at the seven.

How they ended up surrendering the ball at the 15 four plays later is what deserves discussion.

The latter most definitely deserves discussion, but a different set of plays open up if we're closer in. 

I did NOT like the designed QB run call on "1st and 8 at the NE 8".  You could tell Kurt Warner was also not a fan of that call.

16 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

It is what it is. That wasn’t the difference in this game. 

Or was it.  We get down to 15 and aren't in a goal to go situation we maybe run the ball or open up a different passing play.  It totally could have made a huge difference. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's different than the claim you were asserting "I’m yawning at all who choose to blame the loss on this call. "

No one is blaming the loss on the missed face mask call (or any call). 

There doesn't seem to be a lot of debate that overall around the league, missed or suspect calls can be too much of a factor in the outcome of a game.  The Cowboys being called 2x for "tripping" vs the Pats, which the league said (after they lost) should not have been called, that kind of thing.  There's enough smoke all around that there's probably fire.

Good teams have to find a way to overcome those things, but no question it makes it tougher.

The Bills had a couple of calls yesterday that should not have happened on their part - illegal formation on 1st and 10 at the NE28, whatever that "unsportsmanlike" call on Jordan Phillips was about.  Those are avoidable.

The latter most definitely deserves discussion, but a different set of plays open up if we're closer in. 

I did NOT like the designed QB run call on "1st and 8 at the NE 8".  You could tell Kurt Warner was also not a fan of that call.

In a second half full of futile rushing attempts, that one was the worst of all.

What did they think, it was Singletary’s fault they had been stuffed the last six times they tried running left?

32 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Didn’t end up meaning anything.  Bills still ended up with a first and goal at the seven.

How they ended up surrendering the ball at the 15 four plays later is what deserves discussion.

Ah, I understand your thought process but that’s the same as saying dropped passes, poorly run routes and missed assignments don’t mean anything during a game.  The sequence of plays changes, the sense of urgency changes, and momentum changes as well. When JP gets an Unsportsmanlike penalty after a late TD, the appearance is that the wheels are off the bus.  Whether the team feels that way or not is debatable, but it sure appears that way. When the Bills are moving the ball and JA fights for his life to pick up 4th and 1, makes it and 15 is tacked on because of a lack of discipline occurs on the part of the Pats defense, the impact could be substantial. The fact that it wasn’t called when obvious also logically leads to a WTF moment for the player. 

was it the only factor?  No.  Did it mean anything at all—especially in light of the first game where arguably the pats targeted the head of JA on a scramble, yes, it means a lot. 

• Like (+1) 2

The NFL officials have come under intense scrutiny this season for missing egregious calls in crucial moments. During Sunday’s pivotal game between the Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots, officials missed a blatant penalty in the final minutes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-refs-miss-brutal-face-mask-by-patriots-on-bills-josh-allen-in-crucial-moment/ar-BBYewDf?ocid=spartandhp

17 hours ago, mattynh said:

Pretty easy to miss that.   Your eyes can’t look in a hundred places at once 

Please... Josh was on the outside of the pile.  The officials are definitely watching the ball carrier.  There is zero chance they didn't see it.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If your 6’5 240 you don’t get those calls. This and the intentional grounding, I have no idea how you miss those calls. The only good thing is there is no way this crew will be working a playoff game missing that many calls. 

You guys really still believe in the fairy tale that ref performance is not predetermined ?‍♂️