Brian Daboll has no future here

Tesla03

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

This might be the first game all season the offense actually outplayed the defense when you consider the matchups and rankings of each side of the ball. Not the right week to criticize Daboll.

Many people here thought if we scored 20 we would win. We could have easily score 20 but still would have lost. 

you do realize the only reason the defense played bad was bc they were gassed the entire 2nd half. 

look at the TOP before our final drive. 

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Who would have known that an OC who’s been bad every chance he’s had in the NFL would be a bad OC for us? 

McD is 0-2 on OC choices. I doubt he gets fired though because continuity or something ridiculous.

So, if Josh hits Knox those two times and the Bills end up with 28 points on the board, how do you feel then?

I think the problem is two fold. I. Daboll is a problem, he is very predictable and he doesn’t learn from his mistakes. II Josh Allen has two to three good drives an entire game, his accuracy issues and lazy mental errors hurt this team. 

Too many wasted plays. 

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Have you seen what he had to work with? Prior to here he might have had the worst combination of QBs and offensive personnel in the history of the NFL for an OC with more than one team. 

Once again. People look at stats without context. Doesn't work bro. Gotta know what you are looking at.

No one ever ever ever likes their OC, especially after a loss. DabolI and Allen both have a lot of room for improvement. 

Story of the game is Allen hits Brown on a bomb td.  The D finally gets a stop .  We have a 17-13 lead  and instead of trying to expand it our offense goes out and Daboll runs Singeltary on back to back runs into a heavy run D front  Its been the same story all year  Team does not know how to go for the jugular  Too worried to make a mistake to make a big p;ay

• Like (+1) 3

The offense is garbage but I can't see Daboll going anywhere.

Allen has always been a terrible fit for this style of offense.

It's complicated for a young QB and not matched to his strengths.

But *maybe* this offseason Allen can grow as a passer and start hitting the windows that are required to make it work.

He's putting in the effort but right now he just misses way too many throws that need to be made to make it work.

If he can't learn to hit those layups the defense gives him then they will have to go in another direction schematically on offense.  

36 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

End of discussion. the guy is clueless when it comes to putting together a top offense. 

28th in the league in pass offense. ranked bottom 10 in almost every single important category. You saw on that last drive how he is holding back this offense. How come when the game is on the line our offense suddenly becomes alive? Allen was going off script and making plays with his arm and legs. 

Daboll has 1 more year to figure his job out or he needs to go. being ranked bottom 5 pass offense as a 10 win playoff team is a joke. 

Our offense plays in direct correlation to how strong the defense is. Its not daboll's fault our offensive line failed on that last play. Its also not daboll's fault how good the last 3 defense's we faced are.

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Statistically, it's probably been our most effective play this season. Can't remember where I saw it, but a couple weeks ago, I remember reading that our success rate on the QB keepers was like double our average.

No way u are right. I'm talking about designed runs. Not play breakdown scrambles. Not possible that play works well statistically. It's like gore up the middle.

9 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

you do realize the only reason the defense played bad was bc they were gassed the entire 2nd half. 

look at the TOP before our final drive. 

And that is partly their own fault allowing long drives. Pats started at the one yard line and drove for a fg in one of the drives.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Story of the game is Allen hits Brown on a bomb td.  The D finally gets a stop .  We have a 17-13 lead  and instead of trying to expand it our offense goes out and Daboll runs Singeltary on back to back runs into a heavy run D front  Its been the same story all year  Team does not know how to go for the jugular  Too worried to make a mistake to make a big p;ay

You forgot Allen hits Knox on a bomb and our next drive hits JB on a bomb. I guess if you omit the time he did, then yeah, he didn’t.

37 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Some of the offensive play calls are a little crazy but Josh Allen did not play well enough to dethrone the Pats* in this game.

Period.

Agreed. Played a hell of a lot better than he did the 1st Pat's game but that was Peterman-like. Our 1st downs were awful. I believe in Josh but our passing O cannot continue to be this meager. Is it the scheme, the schemer or the QB is what I don't know.

50 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

End of discussion. the guy is clueless when it comes to putting together a top offense. 

28th in the league in pass offense. ranked bottom 10 in almost every single important category. You saw on that last drive how he is holding back this offense. How come when the game is on the line our offense suddenly becomes alive? Allen was going off script and making plays with his arm and legs. 

Daboll has 1 more year to figure his job out or he needs to go. being ranked bottom 5 pass offense as a 10 win playoff team is a joke. 

He is terrified of scoring points once we have the lead it seems 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Let's step off the cliff shall we? We made the playoffs and played the Pats to the last minute.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have a hard time blaming daboll. He is sketchy sometimes and a little too cute on his plays occasionally. But we don’t execute. 
If you want aggressive offensive play calling the offense needs to execute the little stuff. Sometimes they just can’t. Allen misses throws. Offensive line misses blocks. Receivers drop balls. They have no rhythm. 
When they execute and play well you see games like Dallas where we look good. 
I am sure they could upgrade coordinator but it’s hard to keep putting the blame on him. 
If Allen hits those two touchdowns this thread isn’t here. 

If he hits the touch down in the end the pats most likely come up the field and get a game winning field goal...

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He is terrified of scoring points once we have the lead it seems 

that was the point I was trying to make  Its like they unleash Allen as a last resort  Otherwise were playing for third down over and over instead of going for the jugular

• Like (+1) 2