Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen was terrible for the first 29 minutes and 30 seconds of the game. In the 2nd half I put our offensive struggles on Daboll. The run game wasn't working today. Where are the swing passes to the running backs? Comebacks? Slants? That's how you beat an aggressive defense. We ran it into their teeth over and over again. Mind numbing stuff.

Poor, ultra conservative coaching all around.  It's like you encountered a wild beast and safe is not sorry.  But safe can be quite sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen was terrible for the first 29 minutes and 30 seconds of the game. In the 2nd half I put our offensive struggles on Daboll. The run game wasn't working today. Where are the swing passes to the running backs? Comebacks? Slants? That's how you beat an aggressive defense. We ran it into their teeth over and over again. Mind numbing stuff.

A lack of slant routes really bothered me.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Josh had some good throws but my oh my does he miss too many 

Thats your take away?! Not that the 2 most important plays of the game saw defenders in on the qb untouched? Not that the creative misdirection stuff was tabled for frustrating Motor runs on 1st down that would have been just as good as kneeling and starting 2nd and 10? How about how clear it is that Brady just folds under pressure but yet rather than pressuring him we kept giving them short passes to set up 3rd and short which is predicated on the idea you STOP them on 3rd and that's the only way such a game plan is effective. It would help if the D figured out the ball was only ever going to Edelman but yet, there he is running free converting 3rd downs like a mad man. Their conservative plan on both sides wasnt enough to overcome for the win. Allen on the other hand gave this team a chance to win. IMO hes pretty far down on the list of why this game was lost.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Pats were more physical. Bills tackling sucked. Hated the ultra conservative gameplan. Daboll or McCoach? Singletary has shown that he's capable (and potentially dangerous) receiving out of the backfield. 

On a positive note my sense of it is that this was another useful learning experience for Allen. He overthrew a few but he also connected on a few, two beautiful throws (smoke and Knox TDs). Not long ago he was overthrowing all of them. So he's starting to settle down I think. If we play NE again in the playoffs, a better effort on both sides of the ball, but within what the Bills are capable of, and I like their chances.

If we are locked into the #5 seed I'd like to see Yeldon and Williams before it's over.

Yeldon and Williams next week and playoffs.  

Not that Daboll knows how to use them

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, finn said:

I agree. Brady was on the bench his second year. Kelly was learning in the USFL There are exceptions, almost all surrounded by exceptional talent, but they're not going to include a raw prospect who had received zero quality coaching in college. Allen has done great in a short time with limited weapons to work with. If the Bills win no more games this season still has been a success. 

Brady came in to replace an injured Bledsoe in his 2nd year...started the rest of the season...and won the SB....

39 minutes ago, par73 said:

Allen missed too many passes-- Knox again at the end. Can't beat Cheaters playing like that. Defense really struggled-- got little help from the offense.

I call BS on this.  The O had a great TD drive right before half to swing momentum in the Bills favor.  Then midway through the 3rd quarter the O hits a huge play that  puts them up 17 - 13. 

The D's struggles today were entirely on the defense.  Bad tackling and a lack of energy right from get go were the problems.

my eight year old is on the computer watching bills highlights

god he is a better fan than I am!

21 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills should of ran a fake punt when the Pats had no one back to recieve. Easy TD.

Or just quick kick before they change up

Edited by Golden*Wheels

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Stop Making Sense

No, when a drive starts on the 1 yard line and you let them drive 75 yard after letting them do the same thing for a touchdown, you created your own problem. Hard to get in Rhythm when the d is on the field for almost 20 minutes on two drives...  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don’t really buy into the moral victories here, this is not a great Patriots team. 

McD falls to 0-6 vs the Pats and this was the 2nd game this year that Josh couldn’t make the big plays to beat the Pats.

Right now it looks like we’re a small-time team with a small-time QB and coach that can beat bad teams but can’t get the big W’s vs the good ones. 

Not a great Pats* team to be sure, but better at the fundamentals and much better offensive coaching than the Bills. That got them a 7 point win, that was in jeopardy of being tied with a minute to go. The Bills are not a small time team, but a team being rebuilt from scratch that is working its way into the big time. They are a few players short, and it showed today. It may not be the best Pats team we’ve ever seen, but they have 12 wins this year with a mediocre offense. The biggest difference today though might have been McDaniels vs Daboll. McDaniels had answers in the red zone and Daboll failed twice in that area. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1