CBS Exiting SEC Package

plenzmd1

8 hours ago, John in Jax said:

LOL. As an SEC fan since 1995, you are exaggerating beyond any rational thoughts. And dissing Verne L.!? Wow. I guess if you live long enough, you'll see/hear just about everything.

Bro. Verne was TERRIBLE for about his last 5 years. Dude was an icon, but it was past time for him to retire.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsFanCRNA said:

Bro. Verne was TERRIBLE for about his last 5 years. Dude was an icon, but it was past time for him to retire.

Bro, the rest of the world would strongly disagree with your take (& CajunBillsBackers), but whatever. Sometimes it's good to be in the very small minority, sometimes it's not.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

As a fan of an SEC team, Thank God! We’re pretty sick of Gary Danielson, and we’re pretty sick of Verne Lundquist before he left. Everything that comes out of their mouth is Alabama Alabama Alabama, even when Alabama isn’t even playing.

Also they take twice as many commercial breaks as other networks. It kills the game’s momentum every time. The game last’s 4 1/2 hours on CBS. Sorry, but we hate CBS 3:30 games with a passion.

I don’t doubt it on the commercial breaks, but wait until you see how many ESPN has to take to pay for that SEC package....

49 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t doubt it on the commercial breaks, but wait until you see how many ESPN has to take to pay for that SEC package....

how does ESPN keep grossly overpaying for packages while losing revenue sources. Y the minute?  

On 12/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, Mark Vader said:

Yeah that's true.

Regardless of that, the SEC is still the premiere conference in college football, so it's not difficult to understand the bias.

Yeah, that Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina and Mississippi. Real gauntlet.

Are LSU and Alabama great? Sure. Everyone else? Not so much.

55 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

still the best conference, the B1G took big strides this year though.

kinda like the Pats and the Bills.... 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Every conference has it's weaker teams.

Yes Louisiana State & Alabama are great. Georgia, Florida, & Auburn are all very strong teams and I could see them beating many of the better teams from other conferences too. I would also give an honorable mention to Texas A&M. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.