Daboll and ST have been saving something.

I've never heard and seen so much national attention toward this game. And a ton of people are picking the Bills. Will Daboll pull out all the stops or continue to struggle and be predictable? Will the refs finally end their 18 year contract with Kraft. Will our defense be asked to carry this team yet again?

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've never heard and seen so much national attention toward this game. And a ton of people are picking the Bills. Will Daboll pull out all the stops or continue to struggle and be predictable? Will the refs finally end their 18 year contract with Kraft. Will our defense be asked to carry this team yet again?

Soooooooo..... You agree? We’ll play loose and throw in some razzle dazzle? 

I actually hate it when teams feel like they have to get all nutty to beat the Pats.  The most clear example was that 2 man punt the Colts tried.  But you see it all the time in NE games.

Just treat it like a normal game and beat them straight up.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I hate this line of thinking.  Teams outsmart themselves when playing the Pats*, trying to be cute,

Just play your game and beat them.  Don't build them up to be something special where you need to pull out all the stops to win.

It's not only that.  Trick plays succeed when the other team is caught napping.  They also have a risk for execution failure when preparing on a short week.

The Patriots typically are not a napping team (though Pederson did pull it off nicely)

• Like (+1) 1

I had the same thought. If we noticed that special teams have won them at least two games this year (that is, two blocked punts, not just field goals), the Bills certainly have. And it has to be tempting to beat them the same way. I was thinking an onside kick myself. Not that this is a trick play, but we haven't seen the jet sweep in a long time, or a direct snap to the RB at all. The counter trey, reverses, the tricks you mentioned, I'd like to see them try all sorts of stuff, all the while praying that they deal with the punt blocking on the other side.