Pretty sure we want KC to win out

RocCityRoller

11 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

Thanks for update, and work on scenario's, but I'm focusing on 1 week at a time.  

I will agree that I don't want to face KC , but let's get the Pats first.

I’m sure that focus will keep you prepared for peak performance 

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Houston would definitely be the best matchup. With our biggest weakness being offense... their defense is NOT good.

but at the end of the day, I don’t get why everybody is so worried about who we play. If we’re going to the super bowl, you’re going to have to play more than one team. If you want to win a super bowl, you need to be the best.

unless you catch an easier path with slightly worse teams and better matchups for your roster. 

sign me up for a bye, home field advantage, and playing the lowest seed available- the trophy is worth just as much. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

It's as simple as this: if the poster known as jamiezzz starts looking ahead to the Jets game or to the playoffs, then McDermott's team is FINISHED. Stay focused, jamiezzz. Stay focused and trust the process.

If i have to settle for anything, ill settle for winning 1 playoff game. I am assuming whoever we play in round 2, will be a very tough opponent. Even if we ourselves are the two seed. Beating tough teams is alot more fun then beating easy teams. 

11 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

It's as simple as this: if the poster known as jamiezzz starts looking ahead to the Jets game or to the playoffs, then McDermott's team is FINISHED. Stay focused, jamiezzz. Stay focused and trust the process.

#process

#trustit

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

unless you catch an easier path with slightly worse teams and better matchups for your roster. 

sign me up for a bye, home field advantage, and playing the lowest seed available- the trophy is worth just as much. 

You’re right. Go to the pats forums. They know that without a bye, they’re not going to the SB. They’re selling out to win this bye. It’s huge. 

9 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You’re right. Go to the pats forums. They know that without a bye, they’re not going to the SB. They’re selling out to win this bye. It’s huge. 

As great as the pats have been - no doubt their legacy has HUGELY benefitted from a weak division and being able to play fewer games and at home to get into the big show. 

I'd love for us to play against KC......i think we'd match up well.

Our pass D has been spectacular and Mahommes just loves to heave the rock every chance he gets. Also, our run D has stepped up a notch, so i think we'd have that covered fairly well, however, the only unknown would be Josh......if he's on his game, we'd have a good chance to win, but if he's "the gambler", it would a be a long, longggggggg day for the Bills.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

As great as the pats have been - no doubt their legacy has HUGELY benefitted from a weak division and being able to play fewer games and at home to get into the big show. 

Pats fans always bring up the fact that their winning % is roughly the same vs the rest of the league as it is vs the AFC East.....which is a testament to their greatness, yes....but you can't tell me that, for example, playing 2 games a year vs the Ravens and Steelers for the last 20 years would not have been a bigger challenge...

Yeah, its a strange world. If the pats lose this week, but end up winning the division, i want KC to win out. If the bills win the division, i want KC to lose 1 game. Luckily who i root for doesnt seem to have any barring on what actually happens.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Been looking at the playoff calculator:

Of the Ravens, Pats, Chiefs, Texans/Titans, Steelers I like the match up vs KC the least.

Too many scenarios where Buffalo has to travel to Arrowhead to face the Chiefs.

If KC wins out, then Buffalo almost always faces the Texans/Titans winner.

If KC gets tripped up and loses at Chicago or home vs the Chargers then Buffalo has to go to Arrowhead

Even if Buffalo trips up New England and wins this week, we face KC in the wild card round if KC loses either of their games!

Someone check me on this, but KC winning out helps Buffalo more than anything else.

EDIT

ok so if Buffalo beats New England it pads well against facing KC in the wildcard round.

so beat New England to avoid KC.....

Otherwise hope KC wins out.

If kc loses a game and Houston’s wins out buffalo at KC in WC

If KC wins out and NE lose once KC gets bye

if Buffalo wins division thry need KC to lose to get bye

if buffalo beats NE and KC wins out KC gets bye..

.if KC, HOU and NE are tied for 1st at 11-5 Houston gets bye, kc 3 and New 4 seed

if KC, Balt, and NE tied at 12-4: kc is 1, balt 2 and Ne  3

buffalo can’t win div at 11-5

KC sucked versus Indy when they were faced with a ball possession team. They can be had if you can run the ball on them. 

1 hour ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

If we win out,

NE loose out,

And KC looses today, 

We get the 2 seed I believe.

I'm rooting for that

This will never happen but I will take a win in Foxboro anyway!

15 hours ago, StHustle said:

Let's all just take a second to enjoy the simple fact we can even have such a discussion 2 weeks before the end of the regular season!

This has to be uncharted territory for almost all of us as far as in a message board setting. I mean, did TBD or any other board like this even exist in '99? I was in high school still using AOL dial up internet IIRC!

Board no during Superbowl run but message groups exist and occasionally in search I find an archived post of mine from that time in discussions on football.

15 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Of the Ravens, Pats, Chiefs, Texans/Titans, Steelers I like the match up vs KC the least.

If KC gets tripped up and loses at Chicago or home vs the Chargers then Buffalo has to go to Arrowhead

Even if Buffalo trips up New England and wins this week, we face KC in the wild card round if KC loses either of their games!

Someone check me on this, but KC winning out helps Buffalo more than anything else.

EDIT

ok so if Buffalo beats New England it pads well against facing KC in the wildcard round.

Give me Andy Reid in the playoffs please.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

EDIT

1. Buffalo may very well win the division and host a game.

2. Do we really want to play Houston when they are getting Watt back week 17?