Are the Patriots cheating on Special Teams?

Jerry Jabber

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

how do you coach them so the other team misses their block? its not like 10 seconds long like 2 or  3 seconds..  i dont see how it would help... I mean Buffalo the guy just didnt block him...thats just a mistake that was exploited.. one was a hand going around the end.. 

I would NOT be surprised they cheat but yeah, in the Bills case it was a BAD task/blocking assignment, and some videos showed how it happened a least twice before in the then short season. The Cheats just took advantage of a flaw that was there for all to see. 

Edited by Jerome007

59 minutes ago, TPS said:

I'm not sure how one cheats on a punt?  We're coming, you better block us....

Just before the snap, Pats lineman says to punting team lineman---hey your shoe's untied---lineman looks down, Pats lineman bull rushes him to create big hole for punt blocker to run thru. Typical Pats poor sportsmanship.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Just before the snap, Pats lineman says to punting team lineman---hey your shoe's untied---lineman looks down, Pats lineman bull rushes him to create big hole for punt blocker to run thru. Typical Pats poor sportsmanship.

I don't think that was a punt, it was on this FG attempt...

image.jpeg.616cc8724dcf24e6d1705011a713c927.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

I think when NE blocked Bojorquez in the first game, the Bills just weren't prepared for the Patriots using an extra rusher rather than having a returner.  I would be shocked if Farwell didn't have his punt team practicing for that possibility this week.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Somehow the part about Flutie recanting his statement never makes it into the retelling by bills fans. This is the first I've heard of that.

Really?  This is not the type of thing one would say randomly or for amusement purposes.  You can assume it WAS said - AND that is was MEANT.  The fact that he recanted the statement is somewhat meaningless.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think when NE blocked Bojorquez in the first game, the Bills just weren't prepared for the Patriots using an extra rusher rather than having a returner.  I would be shocked if Farwell didn't have his punt team practicing for that possibility this week.

The same happened against the Steelers. They had to audible coverage before the punt on their last one because Steelers changed the play late. 

35 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Well, they have blocked 4 of the NFLs 10 blocked punts this season ?

So the reality is they aren't cheating but exploiting a rule from 1932 about how you can use a down lineman in a way that makes it so he's lined up off the line disguised and also an eligible receiver somehow in defense. 

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

They have been shown to be cheaters on more than one occasion in the past, and yet again,  shown to be cheating presently, one can no longer afford them the benefit of doubt on any suspected behavior, they long ago lost that consideration. There will always be an asterisk, marking that team. 

The Buffalo Bills must realize what they are up against:

1. Ernie Adams is former military intelligence - the guys who like to decode signals and communication (and cover their own tracks).

https://www.northwestern.edu/magazine/winter2008/feature/adams.html

http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams

2. Ernie Adams has a photographic memory (think Rainman)

3. Ernie Adams works hard and is a competitor - said to work 100 hours per week.

4. Erine Adams is the voice in Belichick's ear on game days.

5. Ernie Adams has been with Belichick for essentially Belechick's entire NFL career - they are childhood buddies.

This is tough to compete against.  Having instant visual/mental recall of ALL tape ever watched - wow - that is a pretty valuable skill, no?  It's like trying to play your computer in chess set at the "Expert" level - good luck.

I maintain that Belichick & Brady are certainly above average, but it is Ernie Adams that has made them a virtual machine for all these years.  Throw in the cheating (and the skills to get away with it) on top of it all and you have a powerhouse - which is exactly what they have been all this time.

Beat them with good, old-fashioned smash-mouth football so they don't know what hit them - that's the way to handle these #######s.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

The Buffalo Bills must realize what they are up against:

1. Ernie Adams is former military intelligence - the guys who like to decode signals and communication (and cover their own tracks).

https://www.northwestern.edu/magazine/winter2008/feature/adams.html

http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams

2. Ernie Adams has a photographic memory (think Rainman)

3. Ernie Adams works hard and is a competitor - said to work 100 hours per week.

4. Erine Adams is the voice in Belichick's ear on game days.

5. Ernie Adams has been with Belichick for essentially Belechick's entire NFL career - they are childhood buddies.

This is tough to compete against.  Having instant visual/mental recall of ALL tape ever watched - wow - that is a pretty valuable skill, no?  It's like trying to play your computer in chess set at the "Expert" level - good luck.

I maintain that Belichick & Brady are certainly above average, but it is Ernie Adams that has made them a virtual machine for all these years.  Throw in the cheating (and the skills to get away with it) on top of it all and you have a powerhouse - which is exactly what they have been all this time.

Beat them with good, old-fashioned smash-mouth football so they don't know what hit them - that's the way to handle these #######s.

Well not that good, they keep getting caught... hence my post. It is a given that they cheat, that, and everyone has known about rain-man for some time. That’s why the asterisk. 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Well not that good, they keep getting caught... hence my post. It is a given that they cheat, that, and everyone has known about rain-man for some time. That’s why the asterisk. 

Yes, agree with you that they've been caught, but it's time something real is done as punishment - that's not really happened much save for when they lost a draft pick.  It is systematic and sophisticated cheating that has been going on since forever.  And think how much they've done where they have NOT been caught?  The few times they have been caught probably represents about 1% of what they have done over the years.  The FBI should have a look at these guys - seriously.  Think of the financial gains from all of the winning over the years.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

how do you coach them so the other team misses their block? its not like 10 seconds long like 2 or  3 seconds..  i dont see how it would help... I mean Buffalo the guy just didnt block him...thats just a mistake that was exploited.. one was a hand going around the end.. 

There really isn't much point trying to defend the Patriots' long and proven history of cheating.  I can understand that from your perspective you would want to defend it and try to deny it.  But facts are facts.  The Patriots are proven cheaters.  It is fact.