Welcome to the bandwagon, Rich Eisen!

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

In all honesty with the way our defense plays it only would take a few plays here and there to turn the tide of any game we play in in our favor. 

If the plays go our way there is no reason we couldn't make a run to at least the AFC Championship game.  

But the most likely scenario in my mind is winning the first round wildcard matchup and a close loss in the divisional round.  Would remind me of the Cleveland Ronnie Harmon game the Bills lost before ramping up on their run to SuperBowls(and a loss the following year to the Bengals prior to it)

Gore was not mediocre at all during the beginning of the year and even during the stretch where Singletary was out(at least the early part). He ran for over 100 yards against the Pats, he gashed the Titans at the end of the game to basically run out the clock with first down after first down and he has had some big runs in key spots for us, even if they were simply to get us out of the shadow of our own goalline.

Lately his YPC have been down because he is being used in Short Yardage power runs/goalline runs as pretty much the majority of his carries now, and since the Bills are pretty bad at it, he is not getting a lot of yards there which has been dragging down his YPC.  

Maybe he doesn't have the burst he did earlier in the year but I think the way he has been used since Singletary came back is having a bigger effect on that.

image.thumb.png.ab6bfe9e4026c0740acb05f0510e20b6.png

This demonstrates what I am talking about pretty clearly.  Look at the blue boxes.  Those are the games where Gore was getting more than half the snaps and was acting as the "starter".  The only game he had a YPC under 4 was the first of those games.  He had 3 games of 5 YPC or higher with the NE game averaging almost 6.5.  Look at the snap count percentage in the other blue box.

Now look at the YPC and snap count percentage in the other games.  These are the games where he was predominantly being used as a power/short yardage/goalline back, meaning he will likely be running into a lot of bodies and his job is to try and just pick up the first down or TD. He has been average at this mainly because the Bills offensive line, while great in almost all other areas of run blocking have sucked at power(short yardage/goal line) success the whole year.

So when you break down the numbers and the reasons as to why it appears he has not been doing so great as of late you paint a different picture.  Yeah Singletary is the more dynamic back at this stage of his career, but Gore has been just fine, especially when he was being used the way Singletary is now.

You can use stats all you want. But watching Bills games he’s been extremely ineffective (with the exception of the NE and Ten games). If you want To convince yourself otherwise that’s fine. But I’d be willing to bet a majority of people here would tend to agree with me

lol, yeah you never know in the playoffs but in any event, I haven't been able to make it up to a Bills game the past few years, however if this team does in fact get to the Superbowl somehow and they actually win it......

I told the wife if that happens I AM GOING to the damn parade. Only thing that will keep me from going is a death in the family.

53 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

You can use stats all you want. But watching Bills games he’s been extremely ineffective (with the exception of the NE and Ten games). If you want To convince yourself otherwise that’s fine. But I’d be willing to bet a majority of people here would tend to agree with me

Then you don't understand context and usage situations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

lol, yeah you never know in the playoffs but in any event, I haven't been able to make it up to a Bills game the past few years, however if this team does in fact get to the Superbowl somehow and they actually win it......

I told the wife if that happens I AM GOING to the damn parade. Only thing that will keep me from going is a death in the family.

I think I would join you! How soon after the game would we have to be there??

6 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I can absolutely see us getting hot, winning these next two games and using that momentum to carry us to the playoffs

i like how he referenced Gore to help carry us. If Rich had even actually watched us he’d know Gore has been very mediocre all season

Frank ran for 100 yrds vs NE* the 1st game. juss sayin’

• Like (+1) 1

I admit I would be pleasantly surprised to see the Bills in the Super Bowl in 2020.  Not impossible, but at some point along the way, they'll probably have to beat Baltimore to do it.  They played Baltimore tough the last time, but they'll need to up their game to pull off the win.

The Bills should have beaten NE the first time around and they feel they should have beaten Baltimore, there were some missed calls in that game that would have changed the game completely. 

if the Bills win Saturday, then yes they can make a run. The only thing holding them back is mental. If they beat Ne it will give them the confidence they need to crush the Jets and then win that wild card game. 

They can beat every team in the playoffs including the jokers in KC. 

13 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I don't think we are a superbowl team, need a few more playmakers on offense, but who knows just have to get hot in the playoffs.

Well, we did see a lackluster Giants team win a couple Superbowls after getting in on a wild card. Eli Manning has never been a great QB, but he got the job done in the playoffs and the super bowl. Crazier things have happened in the NFL.

13 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

i like how he referenced Gore to help carry us. If Rich had even actually watched us he’d know Gore has been very mediocre all season

I listen to Eisen almost daily and he's actually been high on Gore all season. Before the season even started. His sidekick Brockman (Patriots fan) doesn't really think Gore is a HOF'er. I think that is mostly where Rich's love for Gore has come from in defending Gore's legacy. But Gore had a couple good games early in the season when Singeltary was out and Rich has really been high on Gore since. 

11 hours ago, MJS said:

You've seriously never heard of him?

Obviously, he’s the smokin’ white streak of speed tearing up the 40 at the combine! In a suit and street shoes! He makes Deion Sanders look like a statue! 

Well, at least he makes me laugh....  funny stuff. 

Edited by Augie

I'm not going to buy my Superbowl tickets yet, but stranger things have happened. 

In the last 20 years, 11 of the teams to win the Superbowl held the opposition to 17 points or less.

The Bills defense has been solid all year, and over the past 7 weeks, since the Eagles game, have been as good as anyone in the league, giving up less than 14 pts. Per game.

While the offense has not dominated, they've only been held under 17 points once in the last 7 weeks (16 pts against CLE where Haushka missed an XP & a 34 yd FG (and a 53 yd FG)). They can run the ball and consistently move the chains.

If the defense keeps on Pace, and the offense can protect the football, anything could happen.

• Like (+1) 1