Welcome to the bandwagon, Rich Eisen!

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I don't think we are a superbowl team, need a few more playmakers on offense, but who knows just have to get hot in the playoffs.

That’s been my saying, just need to get hot at the right time. Defense is lights out you know they can keep you in the games for the most part, and it’s hard to game plan for the offense cause who knows what offense shows up. No reason they can’t make a run. 
I tend to expect the worst and hope for the best so I don’t get too let down. 

I can absolutely see us getting hot, winning these next two games and using that momentum to carry us to the playoffs

i like how he referenced Gore to help carry us. If Rich had even actually watched us he’d know Gore has been very mediocre all season

Edited by VaMilBill

10 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I don't think we are a superbowl team, need a few more playmakers on offense, but who knows just have to get hot in the playoffs.

In all honesty with the way our defense plays it only would take a few plays here and there to turn the tide of any game we play in in our favor. 

If the plays go our way there is no reason we couldn't make a run to at least the AFC Championship game.  

But the most likely scenario in my mind is winning the first round wildcard matchup and a close loss in the divisional round.  Would remind me of the Cleveland Ronnie Harmon game the Bills lost before ramping up on their run to SuperBowls(and a loss the following year to the Bengals prior to it)

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I can absolutely see us getting hot, winning these next two games and using that momentum to carry us to the playoffs

i like how he referenced Gore to help carry us. If Rich had even actually watched us he’d know Gore has been very mediocre all season

Gore was not mediocre at all during the beginning of the year and even during the stretch where Singletary was out(at least the early part). He ran for over 100 yards against the Pats, he gashed the Titans at the end of the game to basically run out the clock with first down after first down and he has had some big runs in key spots for us, even if they were simply to get us out of the shadow of our own goalline.

Lately his YPC have been down because he is being used in Short Yardage power runs/goalline runs as pretty much the majority of his carries now, and since the Bills are pretty bad at it, he is not getting a lot of yards there which has been dragging down his YPC.  

Maybe he doesn't have the burst he did earlier in the year but I think the way he has been used since Singletary came back is having a bigger effect on that.

image.thumb.png.ab6bfe9e4026c0740acb05f0510e20b6.png

This demonstrates what I am talking about pretty clearly.  Look at the blue boxes.  Those are the games where Gore was getting more than half the snaps and was acting as the "starter".  The only game he had a YPC under 4 was the first of those games.  He had 3 games of 5 YPC or higher with the NE game averaging almost 6.5.  Look at the snap count percentage in the other blue box.

Now look at the YPC and snap count percentage in the other games.  These are the games where he was predominantly being used as a power/short yardage/goalline back, meaning he will likely be running into a lot of bodies and his job is to try and just pick up the first down or TD. He has been average at this mainly because the Bills offensive line, while great in almost all other areas of run blocking have sucked at power(short yardage/goal line) success the whole year.

So when you break down the numbers and the reasons as to why it appears he has not been doing so great as of late you paint a different picture.  Yeah Singletary is the more dynamic back at this stage of his career, but Gore has been just fine, especially when he was being used the way Singletary is now.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm kinda sickened by all the random Bills gear I see around Erie, PA now. It was rare to see any Bills stuff around town. I went to the mall last night for my company holiday get together and saw 15 people wearing Bills gear. Where were ya 5 years ago guys? I wouldnt be surprised if these these guys were wearing Steelers crap back in September.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s been my saying, just need to get hot at the right time. Defense is lights out you know they can keep you in the games for the most part, and it’s hard to game plan for the offense cause who knows what offense shows up. No reason they can’t make a run. 
I tend to expect the worst and hope for the best so I don’t get too let down. 

That is a defense mechanism that most Bills fans have developed over the years.  Expect the worst, hope for the best.  

It will require trust, but maybe it is time to start getting go of that mindset.

Bills 17-  Pats 10!  Go Bills!

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

He caught himself and mentioned Singletary quickly after saying Gore’s name. I’m with you though if he had just mentioned Gore he would of lost a ton of credibility.

Its really not unheard of for the Bills to make a run. D will keep us in it, and it will be on Josh to make a handful of impact plays to carry us through. 

• Like (+1) 1