Bills Wild Card Weekend

Dougy84

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ugh!!!!  My mom is visiting me for a month and leaving on January 8th.  Her birthday is sunday the Jan 5th.  Can I go to WC weekend with my buddy and leave moms with my wife?  ??‍♂️

she’s 73 and doesn’t get around very well and has no interest in going to Houston.  My wife is great about me going to games without her (she’s from Portland) but leaving her with my mom is rough.  And on my moms bday.  Fml

Yeah, but one day your Mom won’t be around and you won’t have the option. Stay at home, enjoy the family time, watch it on tv. Just go to the Divisional round game the next week when the Bills move on with the win during wild card weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Yeah, but one day your Mom won’t be around and you won’t have the option. Stay at home, enjoy the family time, watch it on tv. Just go to the Divisional round game the next week when the Bills move on with the win during wild card weekend. 

For sure.  That’s what I’ll be doing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dougy84 said:

Has anyone or does anyone plan to buy tickets and travel for it? I see it's 73% chance we are @ Houston and I have been researching. Very tempted to buy a few tickets to Houston's 1st playoff game and take the chance. I think worst case is if we don't play them, and you can just sell the tix and make a profit. Prices will only go up from here as the matchups are confirmed! Anyone else debating? Any input or advice?? Definitely not flying to HOU as it's at like $660 per person for a flight. Would do RV style if I go. Let me know what y'all are doing?!

if you are local to the WNY region, flying out of Cleveland or Pittsburgh is a couple of hundred cheaper.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

What day would that be? I could catch a direct flight, myself. If it is affordable, I'd consider it.

Gonna buy it tomorrow to take advantage of the 24 hour refund thing. Figure if we lose tomorrow, we’re pretty much locked in to Houston. If we win, I cancel the flight and get my money back. Don’t know the exact plan for the actual flight but I promise it’ll be cheaper now than it will be once it’s official. I flew to Jacksonville a couple years ago for the game and during the 10 minutes after we clinched it, the flight prices literally tripled. 

We are heavily debating (I might add not so much me!) on wether to just buy tix and take the risk or sell later, but I see it as a win win. We would be RV'ing from Buffalo, which is like a 23 hour drive but much better in an RV than a car/truck. This is like a bucket list, or it can be for my ten year anniversary (in 3 yrs ?) I don't really care! I just want to see a Bills playoff game in person! I'm 34 so it hasn't happened much, that I can truly appreciate