Bills Wild Card Weekend

Dougy84

Has anyone or does anyone plan to buy tickets and travel for it? I see it's 73% chance we are @ Houston and I have been researching. Very tempted to buy a few tickets to Houston's 1st playoff game and take the chance. I think worst case is if we don't play them, and you can just sell the tix and make a profit. Prices will only go up from here as the matchups are confirmed! Anyone else debating? Any input or advice?? Definitely not flying to HOU as it's at like $660 per person for a flight. Would do RV style if I go. Let me know what y'all are doing?!

2 hours ago, Dougy84 said:

Has anyone or does anyone plan to buy tickets and travel for it? I see it's 73% chance we are @ Houston and I have been researching. Very tempted to buy a few tickets to Houston's 1st playoff game and take the chance. I think worst case is if we don't play them, and you can just sell the tix and make a profit. Prices will only go up from here as the matchups are confirmed! Anyone else debating? Any input or advice?? Definitely not flying to HOU as it's at like $660 per person for a flight. Would do RV style if I go. Let me know what y'all are doing?!

Houston has two airports. George Bush is the big one, but Hobby has large Southwest operations and you may find cheaper flights. It's also closer to downtown and the stadium. An alternative is Austin, which may be cheaper and the drive is about 2 1/2

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm heavily considering going to the game. Brother-in-law already bought two tickets. Prices were going up quickly and it was really his only way to assure a decent set for a decent price.

Only problem is we don't know yet if the game will even happen. Suppose the Bills win this weekend...then that takes us to week 17, still not knowing. At that point, we're 6 days out from the first Wild Card game, and flight prices (Portland to Austin) will be outrageous.

The "not knowing for sure" part is tough if you have to buy plane tickets.

I booked flights a couple weeks ago but it’s pretty risk free since it’s southwest and I can always get the money applied elsewhere if it doesn’t end up Houston. They were pretty cheap too. Only one daily direct from Cbus though so wanted to jump on it. Bought 4 tickets to the game, went the cheap route. Figure I won’t have too much trouble selling if it ends up being something different as cheapest are now going for more than what I paid. Staying at the Holiday Inn right by the stadium. 

Ugh!!!!  My mom is visiting me for a month and leaving on January 8th.  Her birthday is sunday the Jan 5th.  Can I go to WC weekend with my buddy and leave moms with my wife?  ??‍♂️

she’s 73 and doesn’t get around very well and has no interest in going to Houston.  My wife is great about me going to games without her (she’s from Portland) but leaving her with my mom is rough.  And on my moms bday.  Fml

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I plan to buy a flight on Saturday, figuring we'll probably know by the end of the day if we're actually going to Houston or not and then I can get a refund if not.

What day would that be? I could catch a direct flight, myself. If it is affordable, I'd consider it.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Does anyone know if there is a schedule regarding which seeds will play when?

They don't choose the teams until Sunday night after the last game of the regular season but time slots will be 4:35pm and 8:15 PM on Saturday and 1:05 PM and 4:40 PM on Sunday.  The last three Texans playoff home games were on Saturday at 4:35pm so that would be my best bet.

• Like (+1) 1