20 points is the key to victory tomorrow

The Bills are 7-0 this season when they score 20 or more points. The *Pats are 0-3 when they give up 20+ points this year.

Get to 20 and a win is a near certainty. 

The question is what does Daboll dial up against the number 1-rated NFL defense to give his team the best chance of reaching 20 points?

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I know he was knocked for it but I’d actually like to see a little hero ball from josh tomorrow. Probably just me but I feel like he plays better when he takes a couple hits and is moving around a lot. I don’t like the designed runs but I’d like to see him move around more on his own. Problem is teams are playing him to roll out to his right a lot. 
I would be extremely happy to see smoke get a couple steps on Gilmore and Allen hit him on a long touchdown. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The Bills are 7-0 this season when they score 20 or more points. The *Pats are 0-3 when they give up 20+ points this year.

The question is what does Daboll dial up against the number 1-rated NFL defense to give his team the best chance of reaching 20 points?

Nothing is a certainty.  

I remember some stat back in I believe the 2011 season with the Sabres where they were like 32-0 when leading after the second period.  Well, they went into 3rd period with the Bruins with a lead in the first playoff game and ended up losing for the first time all year.

You never know how the game is going to play out and while getting to 20 points LOOKS like it would favor the Bills chances, you never know what is going to happen in the rest of the game.

53 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I know he was knocked for it but I’d actually like to see a little hero ball from josh tomorrow. Probably just me but I feel like he plays better when he takes a couple hits and is moving around a lot. I don’t like the designed runs but I’d like to see him move around more on his own. Problem is teams are playing him to roll out to his right a lot. 
I would be extremely happy to see smoke get a couple steps on Gilmore and Allen hit him on a long touchdown

I think this will be the key for a Bills win.  Allen will get 1-3 chances and he must finally take advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

A defensive TD could help immensely.

This is what I’m looking for tomorrow! This defense especially the line has improved remarkably since week 4. To back it up consider the increased sack numbers and the stifling run defense especially!! Consider that the later half of the season or last 4 games have been against top teams and the defense has only gotten better!! New England’s offense is doing anything but surging right now. Very uncharacteristic for them. When was the last time you saw that at the end of the regular season?? They are ripe!!!

Jonathon Jones is ruled out, and Jason McCourty may not play either. They've had 4 solid cb's in man coverage all year, but with 2 down they may have to adjust their scheme. Or there may be a liability to exploit. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

NE will be held to 13 or less...

Hopeful, I still won't underestimate them in Foxboro. We are familiar with how those games typically play out. Hopefully Hughes won't congratulate his fellow team mates too much and get penalties.

Jus sayin......

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would be extremely happy to see smoke get a couple steps on Gilmore and Allen hit him on a long touchdown. 

Josh will have plenty of chance to move around the pocket and take hits.

We would all be happy to see Allen hit Smoke on a long TD, but we should try to keep in mind that a couple of shots and misses on long balls, while they can break the game open if we hit 'em, are not what will lose us the game if we miss.  Finding and hitting the short/intermediate stuff, moving the chains consistently, and keeping the ball (no TO) are the key.

• Like (+1) 2

Field position...need Borq to flip the field when needed on punts.

Keep NE under 20 pts.

Stress ground game and read-option....focus on ball security.  Baltimore showed the best way to confuse and beat this defense is by using QB option run plays. Ball security has to be better than it was against the Steelers.

Quick passing plays off of the read option play action. Keep Allen from holding the ball too long. When we take a few shots off of cover 0 looks, they have to connect.

No Special Teams gaffes and we need the Hausch-Money version this game as field goals will matter.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

This is pretty much true every week against every opponent.

The D is rock solid and we know what they are going to give up: not much.

The question is how Allen is going to look against each opponent and if the offense can generate a moderate amount of points. 

Let's not forget in the first matchup Allen looked horrid, totally confused, completion % below 50%, 3 INTs, and sacked 4 times for 31 yards! 

What is going to allow him to have a much better day against the same cleverly drawn up defense that deliberately preys on his weaknesses?  That's the question! 

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I thought this earlier in the year I just know we do not have the weapons to do it against great to elite defenses. 

The formula has to be what we did to Pittsburgh but he's not going to be able to hit Brown like he did.  We need Knox to not drop a big play, Singletary to total 125 plus yards, and Beasley to be our Edelman.  

Btw, I expect this to be Singletary's coming out party the way it was for White vs Pittsburgh.  New England didn't see him the first game.  

• Like (+1) 1