Barnwell: “Bills might be the best team in the AFC East right now”

DCOrange

On his latest podcast, he and Mina Kimes spent about 10 minutes to talk about the Bills. Long story short, he thinks Buffalo is a very dangerous team headed into the playoffs, a terrible matchup for Houston in particular, and thinks we’re poised to be the best team in the division for years to come.

Also said the way we’ve scouted UDFAs and players already in the NFL is very Patriots-like and that we’re one of the few teams that effectively

molds our philosophies to the talent on the roster.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, papazoid said:

we shall see

in first meeting this year , bills lost turnover battle 4-1 and only lost by 6 points.

turn that around and victory is likely

We basically lost the game on a blocked punt. Ridiculous 

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He is right. Josh needs to relax tomorrow and play within himself and there is no doubt the Bills will win.

The Bills have a better team than NE. NE needs the Bills to make mistakes for a victory. When is the last time we could say that? 

He always seems to start the game way too amped. No hero ball tomorrow.  Play smart, keep passes under 30 and stay away from Gilmore. Expect the blitz. 

• Like (+1) 1

Barnwell is slowly coming to terms with the Bills actually being good, and the same can be said of some of the skeptics in the fan base as well.  I'm not really a fan of his dry and often misguided analyses based on looking at certain stats as predictors rather than used in context to explain what happened in a game.  For instance the stupid QBR metric is clearly not a measure of good QB play, but instead just an indicator of a type of QB play that is not really good at determining anything meaningful.

8 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Barnwell is slowly coming to terms with the Bills actually being good, and the same can be said of some of the skeptics in the fan base as well.  I'm not really a fan of his dry and often misguided analyses based on looking at certain stats as predictors rather than used in context to explain what happened in a game.  For instance the stupid QBR metric is clearly not a measure of good QB play, but instead just an indicator of a type of QB play that is not really good at determining anything meaningful.

He has been a critic, especially of Allen. If he is indeed coming around, I say kudos to him. Tired of these stubborn, die on this hill, protect my narrative at all costs types.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Its nice to hear that stuff but this team still has some games to play and win.

We are the fans and can listen and hear it and appreciate it, this stuff has no effect on the players and coaches. None.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of people are taking notice that's for sure. Let's hope the Cowboys Josh Allen shows up tomorrow. Anyone know who the officiating crew is going to be?  We don't need any BS calls tomorrow. This  Is definitely a winnable game.  It's Buffalo is ever going to pick a time to make a statement tomorrow is it!

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We basically lost the game on a blocked punt. Ridiculous 

He always seems to start the game way too amped. No hero ball tomorrow.  Play smart, keep passes under 30 and stay away from Gilmore. Expect the blitz. 

Hard to disagree.  

JA would be well served to watch the first 20 min of Wolf of Wall Street and take Mark Hanna's advice.  

Edited by stony

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Its nice to hear that stuff but this team still has some games to play and win.

what's the saying 

pump the breaks fellas

lets get past week 16 first 

edit - One of THE best defenses I agree with 100%.  

I love Josh but there is still a lingering doubt with the offense as a whole, players and coaching calls 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

A lot of people are taking notice that's for sure. Let's hope the Cowboys Josh Allen shows up tomorrow. Anyone know who the officiating crew is going to be?  We don't need any BS calls tomorrow. This  Is definitely a winnable game.  It's Buffalo is ever going to pick a time to make a statement tomorrow is it!

Your funny, no BS call’s against the Pats*. Come on man. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1