How Much Confidence do you have in Miami?

The thought of the Pats* losing to Miami, at home, with the division title on the line is almost inconceivable.

But, I will say this: watch a recent Dolphins game. Even their recent loss to the Giants. They're terrible, yes. But, there's a spark there that really looks like it comes from Fitz. The guy looks like he is playing the best football of his career, just with an absolutely miserable cast of players around him. But, they make plays here and there, and the play calling is pretty solid. You have to respect them, in a way. The Miami FO took to the season with such an obvious tank that the NFL Competition Committee felt the need to get involved. But, the coach, and scrubby players that were left after the FO literally put the entire roster up for sale were not on board. There's effort on the field. The Phins want to win.

But, at the end of the day, their point differential is the worst in the league... by a lot. The only way they could beat the Pats* is if there is a serious disruption in the Pats* defense, like  losing Gilmore, and Hightower, and maybe even a third starter to injury, and Brady* having a really, really crappy day. And, even then the Phins would be a long shot.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

When was the last time they lost 2 games in a row?

When was the last time they lost 2 consecutive games in Foxboro?

I agree with everyone that says anything can happen.  And it would be awesome going into the final week with that glimmer of hope in my mind.   But, man is it tough to think it could actually happen.  

11 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Let's say we run the table and win out. New England* is the most beatable they've been in years, and the Jets should be a win. That said, even if we do win out, how much confidence do you have the Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins can help us out and play spoiler to us?

Fitzy still loves Buffalo and will do us a solid favour by upsetting the Bradyless Cheaters :)

Brady leaves the field on his shield(stretcher) and slides into oblivion after the Bills game  :)

5 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Eric Wood said on GR that if we neat NE he will make sure he gets Fitz is good and motivated for an upset in week 17

Maybe he can come out of retirement for one game to center for Fitzmagic ;)

6 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

As much confidence as I had in Andy Dalton. 

Anything is possible! 

This was my basic thinking- but I have more in Miami and Fitz since the Miami coach was their staff last year and Fitz is known for being incredibly good for spurts- he went to Harvard ya know?

• Like (+1) 1

I think I said in another thread I put the odds at about 20%.  Fitzy is always motivated to play the Pats*** and if he knows it will help the Bills I think he'll be even more motivated.

(For those not aware, Fitz has made no secret about the fact he enjoyed his time in Buffalo most of all and even his kids are Bills fans)

6 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Brady is having arm pain one big hit and it's a new ball game. Bountygate part 2 go getem boys!!

Instead of gathering money for a Billboard(Jauron Era) or Andy`s Charity 2 years ago we should gather said bounty and give it to the biggest Brady hitter of the game ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Miami is terrible obviously.

BUT 

If Bills win on Saturday, then Miami gets to play the most meaningful game of their season against NE. 

They could be one of the biggest spoilers of all time. It would completely change the mood of their whole season. If the Bills win and we give Miami that opportunity, Fitz should be able to get them fired up.

Then you have Miami with nothing to lose and everything to win, and New England playing not to lose, not to blow it, not to the Dolphins.

Is it the most likely outcome? No.

Is it impossible? No.

12 hours ago, Nester said:

Zero unless Tom gets hurt. 

Tom isn't even the best player on the team right now.  For the first time in years, i'm not worried about him. 

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Don't forget that Fitz at his best is getting rid of the ball quickly and picking you apart.

That is the exact formula to beat NE secondary, so I do like the matchup if he's on his game.

Eh.  Let's be real, that secondary is something to fear.  Fitz isn't a bad scrambler.  Fitz needs to watch the tape on LJ and see how to beat NE with his legs.

Greater than zero, and I'll take what I can get.  We can soften up Brady for them, and at worst force him to not be able to rest his arm going into the playoffs.

If Fitzmagic shows up, and Miami gives it their best "spoiler"/playing for pride effort, they have a real chance to win.  I'm not betting on it, but I wouldn't consider it a miracle.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It would take New England losing three home games in a row - KC, Buffalo, and Miami. That has never happened with Bellichick and Brady. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? No.

I couldn't care less about them losing three home games in a row.  It would be about them losing ONE game.  There isn't going to be some sort of magic spell on the game arbitrarily preventing a third loss unless you count extra vigilant ref ball as magic.

I don't think we have gone 10-4 and locked up a playoff spot this early during the Brady/Belichick era either, but here we are.

• Awesome! (+1) 1