Bills better be scouting “hands catchers” at WR

whorlnut

8 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I have convinced myself that we need to get Tee Higgins at all costs (Ok not all costs, but I REALLY want him.) Elite hands. He's a gamechanger!

After Jeudy, Tee is the top receiver in the draft. Beane would have to, I expect, get into the low teens to get him and 32 to 13 or 14 is a 2021 1st and a 2020 3rd along with the 2020 1st. Is the difference between him and a guy likeLamb enough to sacrifice that capital? BB would undoubtedly decline. Tee is a beautiful pipe dream.

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

With the way Josh Allen throws the football, I really hope the Bills are scouring the heck out of WRs that have strong hands and can pluck the ball out of the air. IMO, that’s the only way to go with a flamethrower QB. Anything other than that is just a wasted pick. 

So...what do you guys think?  Any suggestions and why?

Cooper Kupp...Catches everything

Funny thing is this a deep WR class but not likely to produce a lot of elite superstar WRs in my opinion, where the most successful ones will not necessarily be Jeudy, Lamb or Higgins.  I think Higgins has trouble creating separation in his routes and isn’t very crisp in running them.  Jeudy had the benefit of other stud WRs on the field with him that created far less attention on him than if he was the guy way better than the others. I’m not saying these guys aren’t good, but the Bills can wait and will have a chance at getting someone that checks the boxes they are looking for.  You know they will be looking for a culture guy anyway that does all the things they expect like work hard to improve all facets of their game, is smart, and is a good person and teammate.  

There will be guys in the 2nd and 3rd round like Gabriel Davis (UCF) and guys very late in the draft like Van Jefferson (UF) whose father was NFL player and coach (btw Jonathan Greenard would be an absolute steal if the Bills have a chance in the 2nd round at DE - he has great technique, is a leader and is a really smart player)

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A guy I’d love to see the Bills get is Lawrence Cager out of UGA. Kid is big and fast and catches contested balls. Transferred out of Miami and got hurt this year in Athens. When Cager was on the field Fromm and the offense looked entirely different. He isn’t a first rounder. He is 6’5 220. Depending on combine he might be a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

That’s fine.  We need to draft more than one WR this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

This is who I want he's a 50/50 guy and let the NFL add some weight to his frame

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a guy drop a pass in a highlight reel.  They all have great hands.?

Edited by mannc
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whats wrong with the guys who let it bounce off their chest ;)

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Never mind the draft. 
We’re getting marquise Goodwin back in free agency and acquiring Taylor Gabriel, and like 3 more receivers under 5’10. 
Smurf squad in full effect for 2020. 
Get er doneeeee 

Goodwin couldn`t catch a cold when he was here ;)

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

With all the money the Bills have coming up I would go and get a wideout in free agency.   The learning curve for rookie defensive ends is a lot less steep than it is for wideouts.

If Dallas decides not to pay Amari Cooper, go get him and draft Yetur Gross Matos.  

Dallas paid Zeke and Dallas is going to pay Dak.  Maybe they are creative enough to make it work, but I doubt it.  He would be my #1 target.

46 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Give me Shenault in the first or Pittman in the 2nd. Nobody under 6-2, thank you. 

I like Pittman a lot too.  I'd want him over Shenault to be honest.

Good at adjusting to the ball and strong runner after the catch.  Reminds me of Andre Reed.

Edited by Ayjent
  • Like (+1) 1