Kenny Willekes, DE, Michigan State

Victory Formation

Any thoughts on him? He’s projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick. This guy has a quick first step and lots of power for his size. He was a walk on at Michigan State, but has earned a starting spot. Could this guy be a possible addition with that 2nd round pick? He is 6’4 260lbs and frankly I think he could add an extra 10-15lbs to his frame. If we re-sign Shaq, Willekes could be a nice talent we could bring a long behind Jerry Hughes.

Edited by Sunshower

15 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He looks like he needs to add a bit of weight, but based on the play to this point both Draft Network and Draftek have him as a late 2nd round projection.

I think he would take over for Jerry Hughes sooner rather than later. Seems like he’d be a nightmare on that right side. If you lined him up with Shaq Lawson and if we add somebody like Bud Dupree in free agency, all of a sudden we have ourselves a very good pass rush.

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s very good. I think he will be a Mid rounder 

Yetur Gross Matos looks like the pick of the litter, but I doubt he falls to us at the bottom of the first. He’s going to be an absolute monster. Kenny Willekes, Marlon Davidson or Stephen Guidry would be my top three for that 2nd round pick. One of them should be there. I’d prefer Matos RD1 and Guidry RD2. Either way, it’s still really really early but I’m doing a little bit of scouting in my spare time. Nice draft for WR and DE - our biggest needs. Looking good for us. I could see a trade up or a trade down. I’d prefer a trade down but if Matos slides, it’d be smart to go up and get him.

5 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Yetur Gross Matos looks like the pick of the litter, but I doubt he falls to us at the bottom of the first. He’s going to be an absolute monster. Kenny Willekes, Marlon Davidson or Stephen Guidry would be my top three for that 2nd round pick. One of them should be there. I’d prefer Matos RD1 and Guidry RD2. Either way, it’s still really really early but I’m doing a little bit of scouting in my spare time. Nice draft for WR and DE - our biggest needs. Looking good for us. I could see a trade up or a trade down. I’d prefer a trade down but if Matos slides, it’d be smart to go up and get him.

Would love Matos or Willekes!! Not familiar with the others but those two guys were beasts vs osu 

21 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He looks like he needs to add a bit of weight, but based on the play to this point both Draft Network and Draftek have him as a late 2nd round projection.

I’ll be interested to see how he tests. Last year I thought chase winovich was mid rounder based on his play but he tested way better than expected - then went in 3rd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.