Madden question

CheshireCT

Just now, CheshireCT said:

For all the Madden people - Do they continue to update the rosters in Madden 20? Are the Bills good in the game now?

Yes, they do. 

No, not really. 

I was on there today for a bit. 

Tre White was rated 87 overall.
Micah Hyde was 88 overall.

Jordan Poyer 85 overall.

Milano and Edmunds were both 79.

Lorenzo Alexander was 83 overall.

Ed Oliver was 80.

I believe Phillips and Star we’re like 76. 

Josh was 76.

Singletary 80.

Brown was like 85 and Beasley was 83.

For reference on Tre White (87) ... Stephon Gilmore was rated 98 overall. 

The team itself was roughly 85 overall I believe the defense had the same rating at 85, while the offense was around a 76. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CheshireCT said:

For all the Madden people - Do they continue to update the rosters in Madden 20? Are the Bills good in the game now?

Yes they do. Singletary is the biggest improvement from the beginning of the season so far (72 to 80 overall). White will probably get another bump in the next update. Allen went from 74 to 78 I think, so he’s now ok to play with. Edmunds gained about 5 points up to 79

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bet they still haven't fixed the three most glaring issues:

1) Muffed punts able to be returned for TD's by the kicking team

2) Teams having all 3 timeouts every time you reach the 2 minute warning and then the AI using them almost in exactly the same way every time.  Would it really be that hard to force some realism into the game where users were forced to burn timeouts at times and the AI had to burn timeouts also, etc?

3) Players missing an assignment, like running the wrong route, blocking the wrong player, filling the wrong gap, etc...happens ALL the time, especially on undisciplined, poorly coached teams but seemingly the Madden robots know their assignments perfectly every play.

Edited by matter2003

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes, they do. 

No, not really. 

I was on there today for a bit. 

Tre White was rated 87 overall.
Micah Hyde was 88 overall.

Jordan Poyer 85 overall.

Milano and Edmunds were both 79.

Lorenzo Alexander was 83 overall.

Ed Oliver was 80.

I believe Phillips and Star we’re like 76. 

Josh was 76.

Singletary 80.

Brown was like 85 and Beasley was 83.

For reference on Tre White (87) ... Stephon Gilmore was rated 98 overall. 

The team itself was roughly 85 overall I believe the defense had the same rating at 85, while the offense was around a 76. 

Next years version should have them good? I have been boycotting buying madden until a good bills team hits.

They weren't that hot the 9-7 year either.

Unfortunately I'm still playing madden 2000

• Haha (+1) 2

Honestly. I just go through and edit guys to where I think they’re really at. For example, and the beginning of the year I made Tre an 87 or 88, by the end of my 2019 franchise he became a 93.

Did the same, but opposite with Philip Rivers. Took him down to like an 86 at the beginning of the season. By the start of the 2020 season, age and performance took him down to an 80. 

mind you I play an off-line franchise mode so it’s me versus CPU every game no other players involved. 

3 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Next years version should have them good? I have been boycotting buying madden until a good bills team hits.

They weren't that hot the 9-7 year either.

Unfortunately I'm still playing madden 2000

If you're fine with playing older versions of football games, I wouldn't really bother with the new Maddens honestly. Madden 05 or NFL 2K5 were probably the peak of football gaming (or the last NCAA Football game). The current iteration of Madden is probably the worst of the main sports video games on the market.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If you're fine with playing older versions of football games, I wouldn't really bother with the new Maddens honestly. Madden 05 or NFL 2K5 were probably the peak of football gaming (or the last NCAA Football game). The current iteration of Madden is probably the worst of the main sports video games on the market.

I always remember uploading the draft class from NCAA so it could be used in Madden. NCAA was always my favorite of the EA's. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

thanks guys, and as I understand in '20 they basically made all the players much lower than the past, right? just highlighting a few superstars and then everyone else sucks? So is this team decent in comparison to other teams?

They didn’t make “everyone suck.” They adjusted ratings across the board to a new scale. 70s is decent players, 80s are stars, 90s superstars. 

The Bills are good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Hopefully it will return in a few years!

I would like if it did, but the $$$ is going to be an issue still I believe due to using the likeness of the current college players. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I would like if it did, but the $$$ is going to be an issue still I believe due to using the likeness of the current college players. 

No doubt they'll probably need to figure out a way to get the college players to unionize or something or it'll be too complicated.

Personally, I never really understood the need to use player likenesses, but that's just me. Once you get past the first couple seasons of a dynasty, it was all made up players anyways.

I guess it must have been important to some people for them to bother with it though.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

No doubt they'll probably need to figure out a way to get the college players to unionize or something or it'll be too complicated.

Personally, I never really understood the need to use player likenesses, but that's just me. Once you get past the first couple seasons of a dynasty, it was all made up players anyways.

I guess it must have been important to some people for them to bother with it though.

It made so much $$$ being a representation of the current teams is the reason I believe. It would be just as easy to do a knock-off version and catch a download someone created with a legit roster though. There were always guys who would usually have one out there available after a week of the game's release. 

i keep trying. i just cant stop the "rubber banding" i score they score. they score i score. game obviously tries to keep the games artificially close to make it more "exciting". if you get a key first down that can end the game better believe that's when the first and only holding call will pop up. been playing lockdown D? the opposing offense cuts through it like cheese on the drive after you score. same with my o if they score. i don't use money plays and play sim as possible so if someone has a slider set that stops this let me know. 

it makes everything you do pointless in game.