Class of 2021 - TreVeyon Henderson - Committed to Ohio St.

H2o

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/treveyon-henderson-199018#school-interests

Ok, so I live in a small city named Hopewell, VA. Up until 2004 Hopewell had not won a state championship in about 45 years. For being such a small city though, we have always had some tremendous athletes. There are some that fell by the wayside due to various circumstances or decisions, as can be said in so many other places, but there are some who have made something of themselves as well. Monsanto Pope (DT) played @ UVA after graduating and ended up playing for the Denver Broncos for a few years. Darrell Taylor (OLB) is another pretty good player who's at Tennessee right now and will likely be drafted in April. There is also Ronnie Walker (RB) who is currently a Sophomore @ Indiana, and happens to be TreVeyon's brother, but he is sort of stuck behind Stevie Scott III who is Indiana's workhorse. 

TreVeyon Henderson is going to be a superstar. Not only is he the fastest kid in pads I have ever seen in person, but he also holds a 4.0 GPA in all honors classes. He's just an excellent, well-rounded, and yet humble young man with a good head on his shoulders. He got to win a Class 3A State Championship with his brother (Ronnie Walker) leading the way in 2017 while he was only a Freshman. This year he led the Blue Devils, almost single handedly at some points, to the 2019 Class 3A State Championship in an undefeated season, the first in almost 60 years for Hopewell High School. He currently has 24 offers and ALL of the major colleges have thrown their names in the hat. He plays both defense and offense, RB and Safety/CB, but his position in college is almost certainly going to be RB. He reminds me of Chris Johnson/Jamaal Charles running the football. He finished this season up with 2,424 yards rushing, 45 rushing TD's, 283 yards receiving, 5 receiving TD's, another 700 yards returning Kicks/Punts adding another 3 TD's, had 46 tackles on defense, 3 INT's, and a FR in 15 games this season for the HHS Blue Devils. He's only a Junior and is coming back to do it again next year. Click on the link, watch the highlight video, and remember the name. This kid is electric. 

One final note....... There is a 3rd brother that is only 14 years old and in the 8th Grade. He plays football with my oldest son. He is going to be the best out of the bunch. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's crazy. In January Nick Saban was the first coach to come to town, then Jim Harbaugh, then Dabo Swinney. It's been quite the parade of big time college coaches coming through this little city. :thumbsup:

I bet! He is such a fit in the Clemson offense!

Alot of people think he can be an NFL CB as well

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah, he's a special young man. I think his mind is pretty set on RB at this time. I'm certain he will also get plenty of run on KR/PR as well. 

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, he's a special young man. I think his mind is pretty set on RB at this time. I'm certain he will also get plenty of run on KR/PR as well. 

I think he will grab the ever impressive consensus 5* recruit

Look forward to seeing him develop over the next few years

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

His brother, in 8th grade, may be even better 

On 2/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Clemson is sort of still in the picture but he’s leaning away from them. It’s UNC, UGA, OSU, Mich, Oklahoma right now 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His brother, in 8th grade, may be even better 

Clemson is sort of still in the picture but he’s leaning away from them. It’s UNC, UGA, OSU, Mich, Oklahoma right now 

Yes, I said the youngest (Keyshawn) is probably going to be the best of the bunch. The kid runs like a gazelle, hits people like a grown man, and is built like a LB @ 14 years old. :thumbsup:

Talking to some people that are close to him at this time, Clemson is very much in play and up on his list. I am told though, by an immediate family member, the offer he was always waiting on was the Ohio St. offer. He lit up like a Christmas tree when that one came, which should make you happy Yolo. 

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes, I said the youngest (Keyshawn) is probably going to be the best of the bunch. The kid runs like a gazelle, hits people like a grown man, and is built like a LB @ 14 years old. :thumbsup:

Talking to some people that are close to him at this time, Clemson is very much in play and up on his list. I am told though, by an immediate family member, the offer he was always waiting on was the Ohio St. offer. He lit up like a Christmas tree when that one came, which should make you happy Yolo. 

It’s his dream school because he idolized Zeke. They probably will only take 2 RBs in the class though and have 3 of the top guys in the fold - TreVeyon, Donovan Edwards and Evan Pryor. Will be a timing thing on committing. No one wants to pressure anyone but sometimes that happens when there are two spots and 3 kids. I’m good with any 2 of those 3.

the issue with Clemson is they wanted him to play defense. But now of course they are changing their tune, could be too late as other schools have pushed ahead but spring recruiting is a mess right now because of the coronavirus restrictions. For example TreVeyon was supposed to visit Columbus in a couple weeks and now it’s all on hold until at least April 20.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Ohio State will spurn him and Michigan will give him the chance to show what they missed out on. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Ohio State will spurn him and Michigan will give him the chance to show what they missed out on. :devil:

Wherever he goes I will root for him individually, even if I do not like the team necessarily. Be that Michigan, Ohio St., or wherever. I do know that he doesn't really have any interest in my homer squad, Notre Dame. He's a bright young man and impossible not to like if you ever get the chance to have a conversation with him. He talks to the younger kids in the youth football league, takes pictures, and offers his wisdom to them which I find exceptional for a young man his age with a sort of "super stardom" in this area. He's still grounded. I expect great things next year in HS, in college, and beyond. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The reason oSU has so much interest from the 2021 RB class is because they know they will have an opportunity to play right away. Buckeyes have a very thin RB group right now, due to injury, Dobbins leaving, and their big 2020 target Bijan Robinson signing with Texas 

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.