Traveling to Denver - need suggestions/recommendations

\GoBillsInDallas/

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Edibles would scare me. Have friends who live there (Boulder, actually) part time and the horror stories are true. No idea where you stand with edibles....until it may be too late. 

We went out for my wife’s work a couple years ago, and the Cherry Creek area was VERY cool. Built a few nights in Vail into the trip. Had an awesome time! 

We don’t party often but when we do it’s pretty much only edibles.  So convenient.

Sure there is some variation of brand, but it’s all labeled now for THC and/or CBD dosage so you can get exactly what you want.  Seems very low risk these days.

Just avoid the brownies at some random hipsters’ pad and you should be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

We don’t party often but when we do it’s pretty much only edibles.  So convenient.

Sure there is some variation of brand, but it’s all labeled now for THC and/or CBD dosage so you can get exactly what you want.  Seems very low risk these days.

Just avoid the brownies at some random hipsters’ pad and you should be fine.

I’m sure you know what you’re talking about, but our friends from Colorado scared me! How long does an edible take to kick in? What prevents the old...”I don’t feel anything yet, I’ll try another”? THAT would scare me! 

As they said, the stuff they have today can send people to an emergency room! 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sure you know what you’re talking about, but our friends from Colorado scared me! How long does an edible take to kick in? What prevents the old...”I don’t feel anything yet, I’ll try another”? THAT would scare me! 

Good question... What happens if I accidentally eat one and then come back here to Illinois and fail piss test.  They are ready to make it legal in Illinois... No biggy, great..n but things will get confusing.  It's still on Fed list and tested for.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, I made that rookie mistake a couple times in the early days out here in CA!  

Of course, those experiences pale in comparison to some of the ‘just a couple more hits’ decisions I’ve made over the years!  ?

There’s all sorts of labeled, low-impact stuff easily available these days in legal states.  Not to mention you buy it in a shop that has people who can explain it all to you.   Buying a new printer recently was a far more intimidating process.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just  talking to a co-worker.  His father was in the painter's union... Retiree... Had Christmas party... The union lawyer was giving the pot talk... About when they pass it here in Illinois, January first.  The lawyer said... It stays in system, edible, for 30 days.  If you fall and get hurt... Even if it's not your fault... You're screwed.  Lose everything. Even health insurance.

So people... Be careful what you eat... Things are getting cloudier.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just  talking to a co-worker.  His father was in the painter's union... Retiree... Had Christmas party... The union lawyer was giving the pot talk... About when they pass it here in Illinois, January first.  The lawyer said... It stays in system, edible, for 30 days.  If you fall and get hurt... Even if it's not your fault... You're screwed.  Lose everything. Even health insurance.

So people... Be careful what you eat... Things are getting cloudier.

If you’re in a position that’s federally regulated and subject to testing, that will always trump states laws (for now at least). Doesn’t matter if it’s medicinal and you have a prescription or if your sparking one up at a Phish show, all the same. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Go to the Buckhorn Exchange for dinner one night, myself and a coworker went when we were out there, for just the two of us was easily over $100....

http://www.buckhorn.com/

Denver’s original steakhouse, The Buckhorn Exchange is located in the city’s oldest neighborhood, just 5-minutes from downtown Denver -- with a light-rail stop right across the street. This National Historic Landmark and Western Museum has been serving the finest in Old West fare since 1893.

Prime grade beef steaks, buffalo prime rib, elk, salmon, quail, game hen, and succulent baby-back pork ribs are just some of the marvelous offerings on the Buckhorn menu. Exotic appetizers such as alligator tail and buffalo sausage are available, and no dinner is complete without the house specialty, Rocky Mountain Oysters.

And if you're interested in a short trip outside of the city, Colorado's oldest bar is in Golden, CO. You could go there after touring the Coors factory.

https://buffalorosegolden.com/

https://www.millercoors.com/breweries/coors-brewing-company/tours

Edited by Just Jack

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

There’s all sorts of labeled, low-impact stuff easily available these days in legal states.  Not to mention you buy it in a shop that has people who can explain it all to you.   Buying a new printer recently was a far more intimidating process.

Don't do edibles before shopping for a new printer. ?

5 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Edibles aren't that challenging. Beginners should start with a 5-10mg piece and wait 2 hours. 

If you want to go on a lengthy magic carpet ride, go ahead and eat the whole chocolate bar. 

For beginners I recommend micro-dosing.  All dispensaries have tinctures, mints or other 1mg at a time dose options.   Start out with 1 or 2 mg.  Wait an hour and see how you feel.  I like between 5-10 mg depending on what I’m doing.  My wife is perfect with 2 mg because she only does it once in a blue moon.

These people freaking out on edibles are just dummies who took too much.  Similar to the idiot who ended up in the ER because he drank an entire bottle of vodka.

Homemade edibles, however, are risky because you don’t know the dose.  Stay away unless they’re from someone you trust really well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

For beginners I recommend micro-dosing.  All dispensaries have tinctures, mints or other 1mg at a time dose options.   Start out with 1 or 2 mg.  Wait an hour and see how you feel.  I like between 5-10 mg depending on what I’m doing.  My wife is perfect with 2 mg because she only does it once in a blue moon.

These people freaking out on edibles are just dummies who took too much.  Similar to the idiot who ended up in the ER because he drank an entire bottle of vodka.

Homemade edibles, however, are risky because you don’t know the dose.  Stay away unless they’re from someone you trust really well.

So there are brownies out that will put you in a wheelchair if not careful when going off the public supply chain?

Gee, that's a shock.