Jump to content
Buffalo_Gal

2020 Elections

Recommended Posts

Democrats’ Dream Of Turning Florida Blue Is Fading To Red

Rod Thomson

There has been a considerable amount of gleeful, even hopeful, reporting nationally that Florida is about to become a blue state, shedding the status of the largest swing state and sliding into the blue column.  

 

A few events were pointed to hungrily as evidence for this inevitability: the wave of Puerto Ricans moving to Florida after the devastation of Hurricane Maria was going to balloon the Democrat voter count by hundreds of thousands as they are American citizens and can vote; Amendment 4, the felon voting amendment passed by voters that automatically reinstates voting rights for those who served their time would also adds thousands to Democrats because everyone knows criminals vote for Democrats in much higher percentages; and of course President Trump’s unpopularity was tainting the GOP brand far into the future.

 

Well not so fast. It appears that, like clockwork, the media mistook their fondest hopes for actual reality.

 

The 2019 voter data is in, and it doesn’t look good for the Democrats or their media. More than 663,000 voters have registered since the 2018 midterms, and they broke evenly between Republicans and Democrats. That includes the felons and the Puerto Ricans. But, when you factor in voters who switched parties or who are no longer active on the rolls, Republicans actually gained a modest 22,000 voters on Democrats. In a state with such tight statewide elections regularly, it matters.

 

This actually continues a trend. After the 2014 midterms, Republicans gained 129,000 voters on the Democrats. And after the 2010 midterms, they gained 74,000 voters.

 

This is all the more significant in that Republicans vote in higher percentages than Democrats. This is why Florida is a swing state in presidential elections, but has a majority of Republicans in Congress and the state Legislature — despite the fact that about 37 percent of voters are registered as Democrats, while 35 percent as Republicans. 

 

Republicans have been closing the gap for many years now. As the Jacksonville Times-Union reports: “Democrats’ voter registration advantage over Republicans is slimmer than it was in 2018 or 2016, when Republicans won the state, and it’s significantly slimmer than in 2012 and 2008.”

 

The only wild card in this data pool is that No-Party Affiliation candidates in Florida continue to grow the fastest, outpacing both Republicans and Democrats.

 

More at the link: https://therevolutionaryact.com/democrats-dream-turning-florida-blue-fading-red/

 

.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Amash's Biggest Fiscally Conservative National Donors Are Abandoning His Re-election Bid
 

FreedomWorks, the influential libertarian/conservative advocacy group that gave Rep. Justin Amash (I–Mich.) FreedomFighter Awards each of his first eight years in Congress, is reportedly not intending to help the incumbent hold onto his seat as an independent.

 

"We don't have any plans to get involved in MI-03 at this time, seeing as we're focused on some other key races to help regain the GOP's House majority," FreedomWorks spokesman Peter Vicenzi told Declan Garvey of The Dispatch, which published a long profile of Amash today. "We're going to support some incumbents as well, mainly [House Freedom Caucus] members."

 

</snip>

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

 

This will be fun to watch.

i love rational people.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hedge said:

 

 

This should be interesting.  I have about as much faith in John Roberts as I do the Tiberius that I flushed, after coffee, this morning.  

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

 

This will be fun to watch.

 

Damn, what a great video. The only addition I would have made would have been a few seconds to show Omar's "some people did some things" line about 9/11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

I have about as much faith in John Roberts as I do the Tiberius that I flushed, after coffee, this morning.  

 

I have considerably less faith in John Roberts than I do in my solid and reliably regular Morning Tiberius

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

 

Damn, what a great video. The only addition I would have made would have been a few seconds to show Omar's "some people did some things" line about 9/11.

She's running in a predominantly Muslim district. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

She's running in a predominantly Muslim district. 

 

She did include her support for Salami's death, contrasting Omar's supporting the terrorist.

 

Though, I suppose the Sunni vs. Shia thing may make that play better than 9/11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, B-Man said:

 

Well, if McConnell had gotten off his ass to pass the wonderful voter-whatever bill the House sent to him, then this wouldn't be an issue. Clearly, this is all Trump's fault, and we must impeach the mother *****!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, B-Man said:

Democrats’ Dream Of Turning Florida Blue Is Fading To Red

Rod Thomson

There has been a considerable amount of gleeful, even hopeful, reporting nationally that Florida is about to become a blue state, shedding the status of the largest swing state and sliding into the blue column.  

 

A few events were pointed to hungrily as evidence for this inevitability: the wave of Puerto Ricans moving to Florida after the devastation of Hurricane Maria was going to balloon the Democrat voter count by hundreds of thousands as they are American citizens and can vote; Amendment 4, the felon voting amendment passed by voters that automatically reinstates voting rights for those who served their time would also adds thousands to Democrats because everyone knows criminals vote for Democrats in much higher percentages; and of course President Trump’s unpopularity was tainting the GOP brand far into the future.

 

Well not so fast. It appears that, like clockwork, the media mistook their fondest hopes for actual reality.

 

The 2019 voter data is in, and it doesn’t look good for the Democrats or their media. More than 663,000 voters have registered since the 2018 midterms, and they broke evenly between Republicans and Democrats. That includes the felons and the Puerto Ricans. But, when you factor in voters who switched parties or who are no longer active on the rolls, Republicans actually gained a modest 22,000 voters on Democrats. In a state with such tight statewide elections regularly, it matters.

 

This actually continues a trend. After the 2014 midterms, Republicans gained 129,000 voters on the Democrats. And after the 2010 midterms, they gained 74,000 voters.

 

This is all the more significant in that Republicans vote in higher percentages than Democrats. This is why Florida is a swing state in presidential elections, but has a majority of Republicans in Congress and the state Legislature — despite the fact that about 37 percent of voters are registered as Democrats, while 35 percent as Republicans. 

 

Republicans have been closing the gap for many years now. As the Jacksonville Times-Union reports: “Democrats’ voter registration advantage over Republicans is slimmer than it was in 2018 or 2016, when Republicans won the state, and it’s significantly slimmer than in 2012 and 2008.”

 

The only wild card in this data pool is that No-Party Affiliation candidates in Florida continue to grow the fastest, outpacing both Republicans and Democrats.

 

More at the link: https://therevolutionaryact.com/democrats-dream-turning-florida-blue-fading-red/

 

.

Keep counting your chickens 

 

Florida Atlantic University 1/9 - 1/12 1285 RV 2.6 51 49 Biden +2
Mason-Dixon 12/11 - 12/16 625 RV 4.0 47 45 Biden +2
NY Times/Siena 10/13 - 10/26 650 LV 4.4 46 44 Biden +2
UNF 10/14 - 10/18 644 RV 3.8 48 43 Biden +5
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...