Allen slammed on ESPN

Like no good QB has never taken a bad sack before or tried to do a little too much. Jackson in last year’s playoff game maybe? If Josh Allen was LaMario Allen they’d be showering him with compliments for being a gamer. A real bunch of dill holes on that station. 

23 minutes ago, Billl said:

McDermott has taken the Bills to the playoffs twice in three years.  One of them was with the 29th rated QB (Allen) and the other was with the 25th ranked QB (Taylor).  What in the hell is he supposed to do to please people?

Pegula:  Hey coach.  Here’s the keys to a team that hasn’t been to the playoffs in 17 years.  Looks like you’re all set.  You’ve got Tyrod Taylor at Quarterback...and that’s the GOOD news about your roster.  Don’t worry, though.  We’re going to use that pick that we got for passing on Pat Mahomes and Deshawn Watson and use it to trade up for Josh Allen with Lamar Jackson on the board.  Yeah, he was a 0 star prospect out of high school.  Yeah he had lousy numbers in JuCo.  Yeah the only team that wanted him was Wyoming.  Yeah he put up terrible numbers and didn’t win anything there.  No problem.  We’re so confident that this is a good idea that we shipped off Cordy Glenn.  We don’t need linemen.  We’re SO sure this dude will be good that we’re actually going to make him throw to Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin.  This is going to be great.  Good luck with all that.

Bills fans:  OMG, our coach is holding us back!

Beane and McD are more interwoven than most coaches and FO’s. There seem to be very few, if any moves, that aren’t in lockstep with eachother. If you don’t think McD was intimately involved with trading down with KC, trading Cordy Glenn and Darby, and moving up for Allen, you would be way wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What do you guys even get out of this?  You both have been full tim on the board with your respective crusades.  We get it.  Most don't agree with you, but points have been taken.  

Probably the same person. I think I counted 3 today who just post the same thing in every thread about mcdermott and Allen and all the reasons why they suck. But they cannot and will not even consider any valid points made to say they do not. They must have bad wives or partners and just need some attention in life since they don’t get it at home. I have yet to see a valid debate from any of the 3 just their forced opinions 

30 minutes ago, Billl said:

McDermott has taken the Bills to the playoffs twice in three years.  One of them was with the 29th rated QB (Allen) and the other was with the 25th ranked QB (Taylor).  What in the hell is he supposed to do to please people?

Pegula:  Hey coach.  Here’s the keys to a team that hasn’t been to the playoffs in 17 years.  Looks like you’re all set.  You’ve got Tyrod Taylor at Quarterback...and that’s the GOOD news about your roster.  Don’t worry, though.  We’re going to use that pick that we got for passing on Pat Mahomes and Deshawn Watson and use it to trade up for Josh Allen with Lamar Jackson on the board.  Yeah, he was a 0 star prospect out of high school.  Yeah he had lousy numbers in JuCo.  Yeah the only team that wanted him was Wyoming.  Yeah he put up terrible numbers and didn’t win anything there.  No problem.  We’re so confident that this is a good idea that we shipped off Cordy Glenn.  We don’t need linemen.  We’re SO sure this dude will be good that we’re actually going to make him throw to Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin.  This is going to be great.  Good luck with all that.

I have no clue why you quoted me to post that but ok buddy. 

53 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

LMAO. So now I'm a simpleton and idiot because my opinion is different than yours about McDummy? I'll tell you the same thing I told the other homer, take off the blinders and maybe peruse some OTHER outlets, and you will see that they are laughing at McDummy for his unbelievable in-game decisions yesterday (and have been questioning him all year). He even threw Josh A under the bus on Saturday night! His clock management has been horrible ALL YEAR LONG. How about the Peterman experiment?! That was some brilliant assessment of talent and coaching decision there, huh? LOL

And exactly where are you getting this info about what NFL Execs think about McDummy? Please do tell. I think you're just blowing smoke, and shoveling some BS out.

NFL execs think he’s fantastic.  Every JA apologist on here thinks Daboll is incompetent, but he’s getting consideration for HC positions.  ESPN is devoting segments to laughing at how bad Allen is, and the league is impressed with how the coaching staff made the playoffs in spite of him (and damned near won in spite of him).  

Daboll and McDermott scripted a perfect drive to start the game.  They called multiple forward sweeps and screens to get Josh some easy completions and let him use his legs before scheming a perfectly executed trick play.  (Why nobody is even mentioning the fact that JA slowed up and took a shot for no reason is another story).  There were zero reads for Josh to make on that drive.  He made immediate predetermined passes, ran a QB sweep, and caught a pass...a perfect formula for a great athlete who struggles with processing what he sees.

Hell, people are complaining about the way the first half ended.  How did it end?  It ended with the Bills starting a drive at their own 4 yard line with five and a half minutes on the clock that killed the entirety of the clock and put three more points on the board.  That’s an incredible drive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

NFL execs think he’s fantastic.  Every JA apologist on here thinks Daboll is incompetent, but he’s getting consideration for HC positions.  ESPN is devoting segments to laughing at how bad Allen is, and the league is impressed with how the coaching staff made the playoffs in spite of him (and damned near won in spite of him).  

Daboll and McDermott scripted a perfect drive to start the game.  They called multiple forward sweeps and screens to get Josh some easy completions and let him use his legs before scheming a perfectly executed trick play.  (Why nobody is even mentioning the fact that JA slowed up and took a shot for no reason is another story).  There were zero reads for Josh to make on that drive.  He made immediate predetermined passes, ran a QB sweep, and caught a pass...a perfect formula for a great athlete who struggles with processing what he sees.

Hell, people are complaining about the way the first half ended.  How did it end?  It ended with the Bills starting a drive at their own 4 yard line with five and a half minutes on the clock that killed the entirety of the clock and put three more points on the board.  That’s an incredible drive.

He slowed up because that pass from Brown had a bit too much air under it. To borrow a line from another poster “ you’re an idiot”.!

33 minutes ago, Billl said:

I think you're being a bit harsh on Allen, but there's some truth here. Allen has not yet PROVEN to be the guy. That's just the reality of the situation. It's entirely possible that with a better supporting cast, he WILL be the guy. But we can't say with any certainty.

McDermott has a PROVEN track record.

Sometimes you gotta say unpopular things; fans are more invested in the QB and that's natural. The QB is more important than even the HC in the grand scheme of things. I do think a lot of mud is being slung to justify Allen's up and down play. Some of it is entirely valid and some of it is nonsense. We'll find out a whole lot next season when (hopefully) the team has a skill position player (or two) capable of making contested catches as well as doing something explosive after the catch. Very little "explosion" in the unit that includes WR's, TE's, and RB's. Knox has some real potential if he can get over the dropsies. Brown is a solid receiver. Beasley is a solid receiver. Singletary is a solid RB. Yet, none of these players are what you'd call EXPLOSIVE. Gotta find that guy.

But yeah, McDermott is the most PROVEN element this team has going for it. The 4th and 27 decision wasn't nearly as stupid as some make it out to be. Haushka ain't making a 60 yarder and Bojo could very well kick it into the EZ. McDermott was taking a shot and sacrificing some field position in a situation where the defense wasn't able to get off the field. I think he should have punted, but I "get it."

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

I'm just kind of interested if you could provide links or the like to some of these things - the NFL execs who think Daboll is fantastic

And the ESPN segments (multiple) laughing at Josh Allen

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just kind of interested if you could provide links or the like to some of these things - the NFL execs who think Daboll is fantastic

And the ESPN segments (multiple) laughing at Josh Allen

Daboll literally interviewed for a HC position today.  As far as ESPN goes, three people were given time to either praise Watson or laugh at Allen.  They chose to laugh at Allen.  Maybe that’s just multiple people in the same segment and not technically multiple segments.  Congrats to Josh apologists.  His play that this board is somehow praising only got laughed at by multiple people in a single segment on a show that gets aired multiple times rather than single people in multiple segments.

15 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think you're being a bit harsh on Allen, but there's some truth here. Allen has not yet PROVEN to be the guy. That's just the reality of the situation. It's entirely possible that with a better supporting cast, he WILL be the guy. But we can't say with any certainty.

Sometimes you gotta say unpopular things; fans are more invested in the QB and that's natural. The QB is more important than even the HC in the grand scheme of things. I do think a lot of mud is being slung to justify Allen's up and down play. Some of it is entirely valid and some of it is nonsense. We'll find out a whole lot next season when (hopefully) the team has a skill position player (or two) capable of making contested catches as well as doing something explosive after the catch. Very little "explosion" in the unit that includes WR's, TE's, and RB's. Knox has some real potential if he can get over the dropsies. Brown is a solid receiver. Beasley is a solid receiver. Singletary is a solid RB. Yet, none of these players are what you'd call EXPLOSIVE. Gotta find that guy.

But yeah, McDermott is the most PROVEN element this team has going for it. The 4th and 27 decision wasn't nearly as stupid as some make it out to be. Haushka ain't making a 60 yarder and Bojo could very well kick it into the EZ. McDermott was taking a shot and sacrificing some field position in a situation where the defense wasn't able to get off the field. I think he should have punted, but I "get it."

I don’t think anything I said about him was harsh.  I still think Allen has a chance to be a good QB, but absolutely nothing he did prior to being drafted said that any coach who can’t win big with him right away must suck.  I don’t ever remember a QB who never excelled at any level  by any objective measure prior to coming to the NFL coming in and excelling in the league at age 23.  Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but you’re asking a coach to do something that’s literally never been done before lest he be called McShitty.

Daboll literally interviewed for a HC position today.  As far as ESPN goes, three people were given time to either praise Watson or laugh at Allen.  They chose to laugh at Allen.  Maybe that’s just multiple people in the same segment and not technically multiple segments.  Congrats to Josh apologists.  His play that this board is somehow praising only got laughed at by multiple people in a single segment on a show that gets aired multiple times rather than single people in multiple segments.

Oh, no!   People in the sports media laughed? How will Allen ever recover?  How do we as a fan base rise above this scathing indictment from such worthy professionals?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They may have an agenda. Similar to certain posters on this board.

If not clear enough - they want to prove their prognostications of failure for Josh through any means possible, including faulting him for being the primary playmaker on the team.

Your posts also tend toward the "Josh-hater" side rather than the neutral side as well, although it may be just anti-Bills in general. Of the posts I've read of yours, they are either anti-Allen or anti-bad calls against the Bills. None defend any possibility that a pro-Bill comment could be correct.

17 minutes ago, Billl said:

How many accounts do you have?

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Oh, no!   People in the sports media laughed? How will Allen ever recover?  How do we as a fan base rise above this scathing indictment from such worthy professionals?

I’m not asking you to be bothered by the fact that your QB is getting laughed at after losing his mind in an overtime playoff loss.  I’m just saying it happened.  Doesn’t seem like a great thing IMO, but I only speak for me.

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Guy, relax.   You aren't looking at the big picture.  

This team is perfectly positioned with cap money, a few good drafts under their belt and another off-season to build a long term winner. 

Every coach makes questionable decisions and McD is no different.  

But.... 

There is no question what he and Beane have done in 3 years is nothing short of a miracle. 

They are now in perfect position to bring in quality players through free agency.   This is no longer a team that isnt going anywhere and requires us to pay exuberant amounts of money to land players who are only here for the money. 

The culture has shifted, talent is being acquired and homegrown, and this team is finally on its way to being a consistent contender. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

They may have an agenda. Similar to certain posters on this board.

If not clear enough - they want to prove their prognostications of failure for Josh through any means possible, including faulting him for being the primary playmaker on the team.

Your posts also tend toward the "Josh-hater" side rather than the neutral side as well, although it may be just anti-Bills in general. Of the posts I've read of yours, they are either anti-Allen or anti-bad calls against the Bills. None defend any possibility that a pro-Bill comment could be correct.

You make a fair point in your last paragraph.  Here’s how I see it.

There is no point in complaining about the officiating.  Can’t be controlled, and it shouldn’t have mattered.  Focusing on that just deflects from the real issues.  The fact is that you can’t win anything of consequence in this league when your QB repeatedly fumbles...and throws jump balls to double covered fullbacks...and can’t get rid of the ball when you can’t take a negative play...and literally throws the ball backwards for no good reason.

Its okay to acknowledge this and not hate the Bills.  It’s unacceptable play from an NFL QB.  There is simply no way to start an honest conversation about this franchise without acknowledging the elephant in the room, yet 90% of this board is gushing about the 6,000 pound end table that keeps shitting on the floor.  If JA can’t cut that stuff out, he’s not going to win in this league.  This isn’t 1993.  QBs can throw for big numbers without putting the ball on the ground or in the defenders hands multiple times a game.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

I’m not asking you to be bothered by the fact that your QB is getting laughed at after losing his mind in an overtime playoff loss.  I’m just saying it happened.  Doesn’t seem like a great thing IMO, but I only speak for me.

First of all, Allen didn't lose his mind and pretending that he did for the sake of making a point is ridiculous.

Second, why would you even care? Seriously. You can turn on the TV and radio and hear multiple people laughing at other people about dozens of ridiculous things, and the smartest thing you can do is understand the childishness and laziness of such dialogue and tune it out.

I swear, it's like the minute the Bills lost half this board turned into teenage girls who weren't asked to the prom.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

You make a fair point in your last paragraph.  Here’s how I see it.

There is no point in complaining about the officiating.  Can’t be controlled, and it shouldn’t have mattered.  Focusing on that just deflects from the real issues.  The fact is that you can’t win anything of consequence in this league when your QB repeatedly fumbles...and throws jump balls to double covered fullbacks...and can’t get rid of the ball when you can’t take a negative play...and literally throws the ball backwards for no good reason.

Its okay to acknowledge this and not hate the Bills.  It’s unacceptable play from an NFL QB.  There is simply no way to start an honest conversation about this franchise without acknowledging the elephant in the room, yet 90% of this board is gushing about the 6,000 pound end table that keeps shitting on the floor.  If JA can’t cut that stuff out, he’s not going to win in this league.  This isn’t 1993.  QBs can throw for big numbers without putting the ball on the ground or in the defenders hands multiple times a game.

"Not going to win in this league?"  Newsflash - he already led us to our greatest one season win total in over 2 decades.  And he probably wins his 1st playoff game at 23 if the ref calls helmet to helmet, or doesn't call a phantom illegal block, or if 2 defenders can sack a QB w/ a clear shot.

You talk as though good QB's don't make mistakes.  To use an old phrase, you're letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Allen is a winner.  He pulled games out in the 4th quarter, on his own this past season.  We haven't had a player as exciting or purely talented in years.  I guess that makes me an "apologist," but my eyes are wide open.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

"Not going to win in this league?"  Newsflash - he already led us to our greatest one season win total in over 2 decades.  And he probably wins his 1st playoff game at 23 if the ref calls helmet to helmet, or doesn't call a phantom illegal block, or if 2 defenders can sack a QB w/ a clear shot.

You talk as though good QB's don't make mistakes.  To use an old phrase, you're letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Allen is a winner.  He pulled games out in the 4th quarter, on his own this past season.  We haven't had a player as exciting or purely talented in years.  I guess that makes me an "apologist," but my eyes are wide open.

Amen.