Allen slammed on ESPN

They will all learn from it.   Anyone who disputes that just about on every front that the team is improving is just trolling or has an axe to grind which not coincidentally about half of the posts on this thread fall into the latter category.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

They will all learn from it.   Anyone who disputes that just about on every front that the team is improving is just trolling or has an axe to grind which not coincidentally about half of the posts on this thread fall into the latter category.

I like Allen but I like Le Batard a lot more and he was right. This board just didn't want to hear it because he wasn't praising Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The truth hurts sometimes. 

I watched with a bunch of non Bills fans and this pretty perfectly echoed their take following the game.

The sacks, the fumble, the lateral, the deep balls to Dimarco, the missed interceptions. It was a steady stream of how not to play QB in the NFL.

And people wonder why fans are not yet sold on him as a franchise QB...but I wouldn’t mind having a beer with him...does that mean I’m not a hater? ?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And people wonder why fans are not yet sold on him as a franchise QB...but I wouldn’t mind having a beer with him...does that mean I’m not a hater? ?

I don't think he's showed franchise at all.  They scored a TD on a trick play and he celebrated like a little kid.  Not mature enough to win in the clutch and maybe never will be?

Just now, LB48 said:

I don't think he's showed franchise at all.  They scored a TD on a trick play and he celebrated like a little kid.  Not mature enough to win in the clutch and maybe never will be?

I don't care about the celebration but it's always one good play, two bad plays with him. That's the reason we let teams hang around when they should have been put away.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ok.  For the several above:  enough.  

Was the lateral dumb?  Yes.  Did it cost the team anything?  No.

Was the ball to DiMarco a problem with Allen , when if the receiver jumps a split second later it’s a completion?  No.

Does Allen really make two bad plays per one good play?  No.

Is Allen the only NFL player to celebrate a TD?  No.

Did the missed interceptions count for anything and does Watson get the same criticism when he threw one right at Neal?  No.

Is it the QB’s fault when the pass rush is on him within a second after the snap?  No

Was Allen perfect?  No.

So enough already.  He made some bad plays to be sure.  The fumble; has to learn to decide to run or pass and if run put the ball away and go.  That cost us three points.  The grounding just throw it away earlier so you don’t get in that position.  He needs to calm down, use his teammates and not as his coach said try to do too much, as he did earlier in the year.

He also was responsible for over 80% of the offensive output, got them down the field with just over a minute left to tie the game, and had them in place to win in OT if our line could actually block legally.  But just because some of you self-appointed QB experts decided on draft day he wasn’t your guy (with one of you famously wanting to trade an entire draft for Winston of all things) you can’t accept reality.  Enough already with your biases.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Starts at 11:15. I'm going to guess this board is way to stubborn to apologize to LeBa-GOD!!!!

It would be funny if someone started a sports show making fun of crappy sports shows hosted by guys with names like anything ‘Tard’ 

what a bunch of tools. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I have a very nuanced take on Allen. I don't think he's the 15 year franchise QB type but he is the QB who could win us a Superbowl if coached right in a 1-2 read system under a rookie contract that we use the money on a power running game with some big WRs and good TEs. I think of him as a better passer, but worse runner than Lamar Jackson.

I honestly believe if they draft right with a new RB in the 3-4th round, a big WR in Rd 1 and a new OC who appreciates running the ball with a mean streak and take all of FA money on defense, resigning vets, and a pass rusher we can win next year.

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd say the entire team looked like a chicken with its head cut off in the final 5 minutes and overtime. That lateral was beyond idiotic.

The inexperince across the board crushed them. No idea what the ***** McDermott was thinking going for it on 4th and 27. Dumb as it gets. 

Mcd panicked. He seemed to panic a bit second quarter when he was yelling at allen to spike the ball when there was time. Allen seemed to be making a point of taking his time there. What concerns me is sometimes they both look like they lack composure. One of them needs to be mostly composed for this to work. Question is whether experience will make them be more composed under pressure. 

Edited by london_bills

17 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

I have a very nuanced take on Allen. I don't think he's the 15 year franchise QB type but he is the QB who could win us a Superbowl if coached right in a 1-2 read system under a rookie contract that we use the money on a power running game with some big WRs and good TEs. I think of him as a better passer, but worse runner than Lamar Jackson.

I honestly believe if they draft right with a new RB in the 3-4th round, a big WR in Rd 1 and a new OC who appreciates running the ball with a mean streak and take all of FA money on defense, resigning vets, and a pass rusher we can win next year.

hahahah

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

He doesnt have better touch on the deep ball than Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So......I think everyone can say (including Allen) that he didnt have his best game in the Wildcard.....

The fact is...this team doesnt get to the playoffs WITHOUT Allen

I thought Allen had one of his better games in the wildcard despite the minor 4th quarter meltdown. 

This team gets to the playoffs with any of the top 20 QBs in the league.

• Like (+1) 1