Allen slammed on ESPN

Dan Le Batard.

Enough said. I'm surprised he's actually talking about sports. I used to get in my car and go to lunch, and my SiriusXM would be on ESPN radio, and I would listen to that joke of a show for 30 minutes and not once hear them actually talk about sports.

• Like (+1) 3

Guessing those 3 guys couldn't spell ESPN if we spotted them the E and the N (tip of the hat to Terry Bradshaw).  

So assuming by their narrative that SUN was first game they watched.  Fat guy in middle missed Dallas game as he went through Turkey Day buffet line 3 times. 

Small market and 1 pm starts means 80% of country couldn't tell you Bills team colors.  

Condemnation prior to investigation - some call it ignorance.  

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Start at 6:13. This is some of the most vehement hate for Allen I've seen. Methinks this should find its way to Josh...

Absolutely ridiculous!

Who is that IDIOT. 

Most Rushing TD's by a QB with 9, 8th in TOTAL TD's in the league, SIX 4th QTR comebacks and 8 Game Winning drives.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wow! We’ve seen significant improvement from him this season compared to the raw rookie last year. Is there much room to grow? Yes, and he wants to! It’s frustrating at times, but when the chips are down, I want him on my team. 

and the above is why I want Josh. 

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Dan Le Batard.

Enough said. I'm surprised he's actually talking about sports. I used to get in my car and go to lunch, and my SiriusXM would be on ESPN radio, and I would listen to that joke of a show for 30 minutes and not once hear them actually talk about sports.

Right. Anyone who has ever listened to him shouldn't be surprised.

My favorite line from one of the other idiots: "If Duck Hodges hadn't thrown all those interceptions, he would have had a better day than Allen"  LMFAO...

Well, you know what they say about opinions....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Who is that IDIOT. 

Most Rushing TD's by a QB with 9, 8th in TOTAL TD's in the league, SIX 4th QTR comebacks and 8 Game Winning drives.

Ah, so it is 6. I was thinking 5. They also are too stupid to realize the Steelers did blitz Josh a lot, but he held up better and so did our OL. It's just another perfect example of how they, the bobble heads and media, try to shape others' perspectives with blatantly false information. 

31 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

On HQ they've been down on the Bills from week one so its no surprise.  Sometimes I watch the show because of Papi.  The old guy is a riot and makes the show entertaining.  As he's taking a break I haven't seen it for maybe a month.

On the other end of the spectrum I was listening to WFAN in NYC on Tuesday and they were taking about Josh Allen.  To summarize, they said statistically he doesn't look great but he's got that 4th qtr mentality that when the game is on the line he plays his best.  He's a winner.  He has the "it" factor.  So Winston throws for 400 yards, some TD's, plus some INT's and his team loses almost every week.  And if you look at the weekly stats teams passing for the most yards are losers most weeks.

This criticism of Josh reminded me of Buddy Ryan years ago saying that Chris Carter wasn't a very good WR because all he does is score Touchdowns.  All JA seems to do is win.    

Good take on this except for the Chris Carter part.  When the Eagles released Carter, they knew he had a big time drug problem.  When they asked Ryan why they released him, he wanted to protect him & that is why he said "all he catches is TDs."  Buddy Ryan was a standup guy with his players & that is why the players loved playing for him.

Ridiculous take on Allen.  Allen has played well this year & continues to improve.  He will be even better next year.  I have a feeling with being his third year in the league MCD & Dabol are going to really open up the offense for him.

Edited by Gordio

Le Batard has been a Miami jerk forever.

His show is bizarre. I had it on when I was driving last Friday after the Steelers game, and he and his group started blasting the Bills at 10:40am eastern, calling Buffalo a "pit," and opining how horrible it is that ESPN ponied up to buy the Sat playoff games which nobody would ever want to watch because the Bills will be in one.

Unbelievably insulting, and I never get worked up over clowns like him, but that was excessive.

As he began railing on Josh Allen, I changed the station promising myself I would never listen to that thing again.

Just a stupid show that spends way more time talking about absolutely idiotic stuff and personal experiences than it does on what the subject is supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, eball said:

I really try not to get riled up over shows like this but those takes were so extreme and so uneducated it shocks me. 

I don’t understand the point of posting these negative threads  we are already riled up as is , especially  shows like this one  that have less viewers then CNN 

Edited by Putin

6 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Le Betard is a hack. He's basically jrober38. Had an opinion pre draft and won't budge.

Maybe he IS jrober38...

You know Le Batard was away from ESPN for awhile getting married to a young woman who clearly can't debase herself enough for money, while jrober38 was conspicuously absent from this board during the same time...

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right. Anyone who has ever listened to him shouldn't be surprised.

My favorite line from one of the other idiots: "If Duck Hodges hadn't thrown all those interceptions, he would have had a better day than Allen"  LMFAO...

Well, you know what they say about opinions....

Yeah, well if Josh Allen hadn't had those incompletions, he'd have had a perfect day!

If the Steelers defense just wouldn't have given up those 17 points, they'd have had a better day than the Bills defense!

Edited by CLTbills
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Start at 6:13. This is some of the most vehement hate for Allen I've seen. Methinks this should find its way to Josh...

Absolutely ridiculous!

I think Allen needs to tune that crap out, watch film, and do footwork drills.

He's been under fire since before the draft, it's nothing new.

"First things first I'mma say all the words inside my head I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh-ooh The way that things have been, oh-ooh
Second thing second Don't you tell me what you think that I can be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh-ooh The master of my sea, oh-ooh "

So close, no matter how far, Couldn't be much more from the heart, Forever trust in who we are,And nothing else matters (...)
Trust I seek and I find in you, Every day for us something new, Open mind for a different view, And nothing else matters

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Le Batard has been a Miami jerk forever.

His show is bizarre. I had it on when I was driving last Friday after the Steelers game, and he and his group started blasting the Bills at 10:40am eastern, calling Buffalo a "pit," and opining how horrible it is that ESPN ponied up to buy the Sat playoff games which nobody would ever want to watch because the Bills will be in one.

Unbelievably insulting, and I never get worked up over clowns like him, but that was excessive.

As he began railing on Josh Allen, I changed the station promising myself I would never listen to that thing again.

Just a stupid show that spends way more time talking about absolutely idiotic stuff and personal experiences than it does on what the subject is supposed to be.

He sucks. At least in a couple years he’ll have more experiences to talk about when whatever Miami skank he just married ends up with a bunch of his money.

Don’t take the bait!  Don’t take the Bait!! Just because a moron says something doesn’t mean you are required to respond. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ah, so it is 6. I was thinking 5. They also are too stupid to realize the Steelers did blitz Josh a lot, but he held up better and so did our OL. It's just another perfect example of how they, the bobble heads and media, try to shape others' perspectives with blatantly false information. 

Per Profootballreference. 

edit - work distraction    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       26 25 15-10-0 424 750 56.5 4950 28 3.7 21 2.8 227 75 6.6 6.1 11.7 190.4 77.5   62 418 5.58 5.11 7.6 6 8 6
2018 22 BUF QB 17 12 11 5-6-0 169 320 52.8 2074 10 3.1 12 3.8 89 75 6.5 5.4 12.3 172.8 67.9 49.8 28 213 5.35 4.37 8.0 2 3 6
2019 23 BUF QB 17 14 14 10-4-0 255 430 59.3 2876 18 4.2 9 2.1 138 51 6.7 6.6 11.3 205.4 84.6 44.9 34 205 5.76 5.66 7.3 4 5  
Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Only thing he can do about it is prove people wrong. Hopefully in a couple of years these will all be bad takes and every talking head character from all outlets that call out JA for not being a QB will have to live with being wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1