Bills’ Ed Oliver ‘hurting’ over Jordan Phillips’ Pro Bowl snub

HOUSE

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Family atmosphere.  Love it.  Now let's just take out all this pain and frustration on Brady this weekend :D

Ive never seen Brady look so bad from mid season last year to now- father time caught him. Lets hope he doesn’t pull one Big game out of his butt. He slides around the pocket much slower now, slower release, way less zip on the ball, and gets up slow after a hit or going down. Lets knock the snot out of him legally of course.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

How about focusing less on hurt feels and more on hurting Tom Brady. 

I’m not one to hope for injuries, however, if he takes a shot or two to that already jacked up elbow I certainly wouldn’t be too upset.

7 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m not one to hope for injuries, however, if he takes a shot or two to that already jacked up elbow I certainly wouldn’t be too upset.

No one said anything about injuries, I would leave the elbow alone. That said, I’m almost certain is doesn’t feel good to be driven into the turf by 300 lb men repeatedly. 

@HOUSE: Thanks for sharing. Great article!

My favorite part wasn't about Oliver or about J. Phillips; it was the Tre White quote that sealed it for me:

“It’s kind of frustrating that I’m the only guy to get it because I don’t think I get to celebrate it because the guys in the locker room, they can’t join me in it,” White said. “But yeah, it kind of sucks, man.”

Dude has been earned this Pro Bowl nomination not just this year, but last year, as well, and he finally gets picked... And what are Tre's thoughts?

He's pissed! He is P-I-S-S-E-D because he wants to celebrate with his team. With his brothers. With dudes he knows have earned it (i.e. J. Phillips). You see, THAT is the kind of attitude and family that THIS team is about; that MY team is about. That's the Buffalo Bills, and that's why I will always love THIS team!

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

“If you didn’t vote for Jordan Phillips, you’re not my friend. I’m sorry,” Oliver said. “Let’s see, he has 9 1/2 sacks. Who else has more than that? Aaron Donald, maybe (and) he’s one of the best in the game.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/bills-ed-oliver-hurting-over-jordan-phillips-pro-bowl-snub.html

3 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

How about focusing less on hurt feels and more on hurting Tom Brady. 

I heard Tom Brady didn't vote for Jordan Phillips, Big Ed...do what you must:death:

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

#BlameBrady

We should go easy on little Tommy. He has a boo-boo elbow that avocado ice cream has yet to heal. 

Cue the magical doctor. That’s not just kale he’s doling out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bless this team and these players.

Bless them, indeed.

Alright Tiny Tim  ?

Seriously though, Phillips is a must sign. If Oliver considers him a mentor and credits him for his development we need to keep them together. They feed off each other and push themselves like brothers. They're both young and along with Harrison Phillips could be the core of this D-Line for the next decade. Lets hope for a reasonable contract extension.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 2

Not that it matters as Phillips will be much happier with an extension, winning the last two games, and winning at least one of them in the playoffs.  With that said, whoever makes it to the SB, will miss the PB, so more players will get in as an alternate.

For me, I’d like to see JP, and Edmunds given the nod.

I thought the historical rule of thumb was that you get elected to the pro bowl one year after the first season you should have gone and keep going one year beyond where you should have made it. If Phillips can reproduce something similar to the results from this season then I think next season is his year.

Edited by vincec

11 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Phillips deserved it, but I’m not crying. Might help us at contract time.

John Brown also was deserving of at least 1st alternate IMO.

Edmunds and Milano have had their fair share of stinker games. They did not get screwed at all.

Morse has been decent but has not set the world on fire. We did not really feel it when he missed time and our back up went in for a while.

Phillips is really the only snub. John Brown is 17th in yards and like 33rd in TD's. I guess the case could be made for Tremaine Edmunds, but usually it takes more than just aggregating tackles. As a linebacker you need certain stats to jump off the stat sheet to get votes. Plus, he's a first alternate.

So I don't really get why people are up in arms. Pro Bowl requires big stats OR name recognition (from previously having big stats). Nobody really fits the bill except Phillips.

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Alright Tiny Tim  ?

Seriously though, Phillips is a must sign. If Oliver considers him a mentor and credits him for his development we need to keep them together. They feed off each other and push themselves like brothers. They're both young and along with Harrison Phillips could be the core of this D-Line for the next decade. Lets hope for a reasonable contract extension.

BB81 gets it!  ?

...and I've been for re-signing Phillips since about 5 sacks!

13 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

TJ Watt and other steelers were throwing haymakers trying to punch out the ball. If Ed or Phillips tried that and "accidentally" hit his elbow or forearm, it would be awful.

13 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ive never seen Brady look so bad from mid season last year to now- father time caught him. Lets hope he doesn’t pull one Big game out of his butt. He slides around the pocket much slower now, slower release, way less zip on the ball, and gets up slow after a hit or going down. Lets knock the snot out of him legally of course.

I'll have no problem with an occasional RTP, but make it count!