anybody else think we should have kept ivory over gore

tcampbell104

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to go with neither. Gore would have been fine as a 3rd back because of his character. He should have never been counted on to run the ball. We should have probably kept Shady as the other back or signed Latavius Murray. They had to have a guy with some tread left on the tires.

ivory had some pretty good runs last year and would have been cheaper than shady

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to go with neither. Gore would have been fine as a 3rd back because of his character. He should have never been counted on to run the ball. We should have probably kept Shady as the other back or signed Latavius Murray. They had to have a guy with some tread left on the tires.

I wanted Shady, Motor and Gore...I just...you know...

Maybe Shady would have been a problem with less touches and maybe it could have become an issue, but I just think the guy would have helped as opposed to what we don't get...or aren't be allowed to see, with Yeldon.

Gore has been very good as the closer RB.  Ball security, tough yards and some first downs when the D knows he will be running it.  The heavy short yardage is a fail all over the league, imo, as one failed block lets a defender meet the ball carrier 2 yards behind the line.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

ivory had some pretty good runs last year and would have been cheaper than shady

Yeah but the money was never an issue. McCoy is going to be over 500 yards this year with a 4.6 YPC. Ivory is out of the league. I would have been fine with a variety of options but Ivory isn’t a 2 at this point.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Nah, I got to say I'm pretty happy with Gore. Love the leadership and even though he has had a rough couple of games it's not all on him. A lot of the times the play call was a run with the D stacking the box.

He will still breakout for a good chunk of yards here and there given the chance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tcampbell104 said:

i just think if we kept ivory our running game would be more powerful, and with our passing game not really there yet it would make us a stronger team in the playoffs

Nope.Gore is an underrated future HOFer and still productive despite losing a step or two over the years, Is Ivory even in the league now?

Edited by BmarvB
  • Like (+1) 2

Gore has been invaluable to Motor. And let's not forget he was actually effective when Motor was hurt. He helped keep our reeling offense afloat in that Pats game. I think his age us catching up to him a little bit but I think his usage is partly to blame. You knew we were handing off three times to Gore on Sunday and it's hard to gain ten yards when the whole defense is keyed on you.

Not to mention, getting Gore to #3 all time in rush yards is a big motivator and morale boost for the team. McD uses stuff like that to great effect.

• Like (+1) 1