[Misleading Title] McDermott named Coach of the Year

BritBill

It didn't say he was chosen as Coach of the Year, it said they asked a panel of NFL execs to choose their COTY, MVP, etc.  It's actually media members that vote for those awards...

Will find it online and link shortly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001089417/article/nfl-execs-pick-awards-whos-mvp-dpoy-coach-of-the-year

A panel of media members votes on the NFL's recognized awards, which will be handed out during "NFL Honors" festivities at the Adrienne Arsht Center in Miami on Feb. 1, the eve of Super Bowl LIV.

But what if the league's top talent evaluators voted instead?

R.I.F.

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Somehow Tomlin still got some votes even after losing to... the Bills.  Just shows you how biased all these opinions are, but also even more impressive that McDermott is the current consensus.

You’d be a moron if you think Tomlin shouldnt be considered for COtY.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Bangarang said:

You’d be a moron if you didn’t think Tomlin should be considered for COtY.

There's a difference between 'considered' and giving my sole vote to Tomlin over McDermott, after losing to him at home.

7 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-named-coach-of-the-year/

Huh I thought this was chosen after the season...

The author of that article was a little too eager...

Just now, Jobot said:

There's a difference between 'considered' and giving my sole vote to Tomlin over McDermott, after losing to him at home.

Your logic is off

This award encapsulates the entire year.

Based on your logic, the coaches who beat McDermott should get a vote?

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Somehow Tomlin still got some votes even after losing to... the Bills.  Just shows you how biased all these opinions are, but also even more impressive that McDermott is the current consensus.

8-6 after being absolutely decimated on offense by injuries and FA departures/trades. I’d say he should at least be in the running!

• Like (+1) 3

He definitely has a really good chance.  There are a bunch of good candidates though - Tomlin, Shanahan, Flores will get a couple votes, Harbaugh. If I had to guess I think Harbaugh gets it.  But McDermott did a great job. 

30 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Huh? They are playing their 4th string qb, lost top 3 rb and wrs, had their replacements miss a bunch of time.  You are completely biased if you don’t think he is in the running.

36 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Lol what are you talking about? If the Steelers make the playoffs then Tomlin is 100% coach of the year there is no debate. He would be more deserving then McDermott. If they don't then Mc should definitely be in the conversation. 

32 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You clearly have no idea what "coach of the year" is supposed to reward

Edited by Process