Having Heart Bypass Surgery Monday Ugh

TSNBDSC

7 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Doing well ! 5 bypasaes and a AAA procedure.  Going home Monday. Out if work for 8 weeks. Thanks to all for your prayers and good wishes ! Post more when I get home. Go BILLS !

Glad you're doing well.  What was the AAA procedure?  Did you lock your keys in the car because you were too focused on the heart stuff to pay attention to detail?   

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Doing well ! 5 bypasaes and a AAA procedure.  Going home Monday. Out if work for 8 weeks. Thanks to all for your prayers and good wishes ! Post more when I get home. Go BILLS !

Thanks for posting.  I've been looking for you every day, although I didn't think you would really feel like posting until you got home.  How you doing on that lung testing device?

On 12/24/2019 at 11:13 AM, plenzmd1 said:

to @TSNBDSC, i hope all went well and you are recovering with young smoking hot nurses at your beck and call.

My blood pressure goes through the roof every colonscopy i take. I am on a 3 year plan, not worried bout the procedure at all, worried about the results!

If you have it in October you have a choice of regular or Pumpkin spice.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, TSNBDSC said:

Great news!  Now I can post this Rodney Dangerfield “joke”.

The heart surgery took place on August 24, 2004.[Upon entering the hospital, he uttered another characteristic one-liner when asked how long he would be hospitalized: "If all goes well, about a week. If not, about an hour and a half."

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:29 AM, TSNBDSC said:

Five bypasses?  Have you been mainlining Cheez Whiz or something?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Back home ! Feel like I got hit by a truck lol.

Doing well. Pain pill shortly.

The more I walk, etc. the better I feel.

Do nothing except walk for 4 weeks. No driving, lifting etc.

Physical therapy at 5 weeks. Will evaluate me then to see how long I have to go.

Legs are swollen from all the stuff they did. Walking and keeping them elevated helps.

Got this thing attached to me that's superposed to help the healing around the sternum.

I plan on living a long and healthy life ! This is a blessing and second chance !

And BTW, the Bills are winning Saturday !

Again, thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers ! you guys got me through this ! Tom.

• Awesome! (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Five bypasses?  Have you been mainlining Cheez Whiz or something?  

My sister had four, out of nowhere. Tall, skinny, walked the dog miles a day and never smoked. Go figure! 

I had an unexpected surgery about 10 years ago. I knew I had a problem and hand delivered the CT Scan disc to the doctor who said “Impressive!”. I asked if that was a good thing. He said “no, I just don’t know how you walked in here!” Very inspiring. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I had an unexpected surgery about 10 years ago. I knew I had a problem and hand delivered the CT Scan disc to the doctor who said “Impressive!”. I asked if that was a good thing. He said “no, I just don’t know how you walked in here!” Very inspiring. 

That's what I'm gonna get.  My response will be "I want coauthorship on the paper."

Probably going to hear that in March- I've lost almost 50 pounds since September, involuntarily.  My wife's bugging me to go to the gastroenterologist...but not until I hit my target weight.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

That's what I'm gonna get.  My response will be "I want coauthorship on the paper."

Probably going to hear that in March- I've lost almost 50 pounds since September, involuntarily.  My wife's bugging me to go to the gastroenterologist...but not until I hit my target weight.  

I was at a Christmas party Sunday talking to an old work buddy.  He's a big guy.  Told me he was losing 8 lbs a week for a couple of weeks.  When the doctors figured out what was wrong with him, it turned out to be Diabetes.   That was new to me as I had never heard that a sudden wait loss could be an indicator of Diabetes.

If I was you I wouldn't wait to see a doctor.  Of course, in saying that I know I would end up putting it off as long as I could.  But then I can be an idiot about things like that, even though I readily admit to knowing some health things are non-reversible after a certain point.

2 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Back home ! Feel like I got hit by a truck lol.

Doing well. Pain pill shortly.

The more I walk, etc. the better I feel.

Do nothing except walk for 4 weeks. No driving, lifting etc.

Physical therapy at 5 weeks. Will evaluate me then to see how long I have to go.

Legs are swollen from all the stuff they did. Walking and keeping them elevated helps.

Got this thing attached to me that's superposed to help the healing around the sternum.

I plan on living a long and healthy life ! This is a blessing and second chance !

And BTW, the Bills are winning Saturday !

Again, thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers ! you guys got me through this ! Tom.

For the last week when I logged in I looked for a post from you first.  I didn't think you would feel like doing much, so I am not surprised you didn't post until you got home. 

What's this thing around your sternum?  I don't know if it is something new or just something some doc's use but others don't.

Keep that pillow close and try to stay away from anyone with a cold or the flu.  Coughing or sneezing is brutal.  Driving is out because they don't want you to have an

accident and bang your chest against the steering wheel.

Welcome to the other side.

43 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I was at a Christmas party Sunday talking to an old work buddy.  He's a big guy.  Told me he was losing 8 lbs a week for a couple of weeks.  When the doctors figured out what was wrong with him, it turned out to be Diabetes.   That was new to me as I had never heard that a sudden wait loss could be an indicator of Diabetes.

If I was you I wouldn't wait to see a doctor.  Of course, in saying that I know I would end up putting it off as long as I could.  But then I can be an idiot about things like that, even though I readily admit to knowing some health things are non-reversible after a certain point.

Like I said...when I hit my target weight - 240.  I've dropped 320 to 270, and haven't felt this good in a while.  

Honestly...a lot of it was work stress, from September to November, as a manager dealing with a boss doing bad things to my reports (sexual harassment, racial discrimination, payroll fraud, and metric *****-tons of other petty bull####.)  Since then, I'm drinking a lot less soda, a lot more water, and have the flu (which is conducive to weight loss).  Still a scary-ass weight loss, though.

But I'm not worried about diabetes...it's a coronary that's going to get me, from my habit of mainlining Cheez Whiz...

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Like I said...when I hit my target weight - 240.  I've dropped 320 to 270, and haven't felt this good in a while.  

Honestly...a lot of it was work stress, from September to November, as a manager dealing with a boss doing bad things to my reports (sexual harassment, racial discrimination, payroll fraud, and metric *****-tons of other petty bull####.)  Since then, I'm drinking a lot less soda, a lot more water, and have the flu (which is conducive to weight loss).  Still a scary-ass weight loss, though.

But I'm not worried about diabetes...it's a coronary that's going to get me, from my habit of mainlining Cheez Whiz...

Cheez Whiz ROCKS! 

The stress of having bad things at work beyond any real control can eat you alive. We’ve all been there, and we do our best. Good luck sticking to the water and surviving the flu. Water good. Flu bad. Soda also BAD! Fifty pounds must be incredibly different! Like carrying around several fewer bowling balls different. Hope you can keep going, but in a healthy way. 

My 6’4” BIL has dropped 40# in about 6 months thru yoga and diet. He feels amazing, but now he’s dealing with the stress of learning his wife has stage 4 breast cancer. It’s in her bones and chest cavity, but not her organs. I suspect that stress will lead to more weight loss, but not the healthy kind. 

Make the most of every day, and tell your loved ones how you feel! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

The stress of having bad things at work beyond any real control can eat you alive.

The real stress was being responsible for eight other people he was ***** with.  If it were just him going around behind my back and calling me incompetent and useless, I could have dealt with that.  But actively undercutting my direction to my team, micromanaging them behind my back, bad-mouthing me to my peers, and actively trying to make us miss deadlines to make me look bad?  

I was not shocked to lose 30 pounds dealing with that.  Been out of that situation for two weeks, and feel much better.  

But enough thread hijacking.  

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The real stress was being responsible for eight other people he was ***** with.  If it were just him going around behind my back and calling me incompetent and useless, I could have dealt with that.  But actively undercutting my direction to my team, micromanaging them behind my back, bad-mouthing me to my peers, and actively trying to make us miss deadlines to make me look bad?  

I was not shocked to lose 30 pounds dealing with that.  Been out of that situation for two weeks, and feel much better.  

But enough thread hijacking.  

Bad people suck. 

Glad our patient is on the road to recovery.