Bills Primetime Schedule Next Year

plenzmd1

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

ehhh youze guys on the left coast don't count    

;)  ;)  :D :D  

Doesn't sound like he's on the west coast with a 2 hr time difference lol. But I can say that even with 5:20pm kickoffs it feels like I have to wait an eternity!

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

With all the west coast trips they'll be making next year, can easily see one or two of them being the 4:25 start.  Typically there's at least 2 games scheduled in that time slot, so if the Bills were to falter next season, that would become the game only a small viewership sees.  The San Fran game would be one strong possibility, maybe Vegas.

All of the west coast games will be 4:00 or later. Vegas, Denver, Arizona and San Fran. They arent going to make the home fans attend a game at 10am.

Edited by wagon127

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Doesn't sound like he's on the west coast with a 2 hr time difference lol. But I can say that even with 5:20pm kickoffs it feels like I have to wait an eternity!

close enough ..   Should I append it to 

Left Coast Region 

11 AM at a bar at game time in the Montana mountains .. kinda early in my book.

Good thing I was traveling and didn't have anyone else to worry about 

5 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

All of the west coast games will be 4:00 or later. Vegas, Denver, Arizona and San Fran. They arent going to make the home fans attend a game at 10am.

Roll straight from the bar at closing time to the tailgate at the stadium.  

11 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Of course they are 4:00 starts, but there's a big difference between a 4:05 that is just viewed in Buffalo and the home team market and is a single game coverage for that network (i.e. this weeks Detroit at Denver game) and a 4:25 start that most of the country sees as the 2nd half of the doubleheader game like the Dallas Philly game. 

The game at San Fran and Vegas are two that I could seeing being 4:25 starts. 

I do wonder how the schedule will be done too.  Often when teams have multiple west coast or east coast trips, they try to schedule back to back games so the team stays out on the coast for like 10 days straight.  Though 10 days in Vegas could ruin any team!!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

haha!!!! Got to a point where i was out of it! 

I will book your $20 at 1-1..considering the real odds of them playing thay game right now are prolly closer to 200-1

You are a terrible bookie.

I'm in.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Not a fan of night games.

They require napping.

You should change your username to "I am the old man".:lol:

I have learned to hate prime time Bills games. When I think of Bills on Prime Time, I think of the little kid Billy from the other side of the tracks on "The Polar Express" when asked why he doesn't like Christmas.

"Christmas just doesn't work out for me. Never has."

I'm conditioned to seeing Leodis McKelvin fumbling a punt, or Dallas coming back from 21 down after a crazy first quarter, or any other number of prime time schittshows.

This team won on Thanksgiving AND Sunday Night Football. That schittshow is over.

• Like (+1) 1

I may be alone here, but I think the Bills-Raiders tilt in Las Vegas has "Monday Night Football" written all over it.

I predict one Thursday night game, one Monday night game, and a lot of angry Bills fans shouting. Never forget that we're still a small market team with very few marketable stars.

Edited by Logic

41 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Three prime timers and a London game vs. Arizona.

Possibly, but given that the AFCE is playing both the AFCW and NFCW, I don't think they'd force teams in either of those two divisions to make the trip to London next year.

I expect to see teams like the Jaguars, Browns, and maybe the Lions against "popular" teams like Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Green Bay.

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You should change your username to "I am the old man".:lol:

I have learned to hate prime time Bills games. When I think of Bills on Prime Time, I think of the little kid Billy from the other side of the tracks on "The Polar Express" when asked why he doesn't like Christmas.

"Christmas just doesn't work out for me. Never has."

I'm conditioned to seeing Leodis McKelvin fumbling a punt, or Dallas coming back from 21 down after a crazy first quarter, or any other number of prime time schittshows.

This team won on Thanksgiving AND Sunday Night Football. That schittshow is over.

Superbowl is in prime time at 6:35. It's not over till the 47 yard field goal goes through at the gun.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am bored, and been thinking about  the Bills and their schedule next year, and here are some predictions

#1) If neither the Bills or the Pats win the Superbowl, Bills-Pats is the Sunday night opener..bank on it. Bills getting all kind of love now, NBC will love how jacked that stadium will be for next season, live shots of the lots and crazy fans,  built in storyline if Brady is, or is not, still in New England. Wish i could bet this now, i am 100% convinced this will happen.

2) In the slight possibility we do not play that game Sunday, will be the early Monday night game.

3) Think we get one other home Monday night game. Yep, two home prime time games. 

4) Bills-Chiefs in Orchard Park will be a late season 4:20 game. TV loves snow games, and hope this will be a big clash and hopefully some snow mixed in.

5) On the road for a Thursday nighter. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

it depends on who they play next year and playoff rematches

likely Sun/Mon games would be

a NE/BUF game

KC at BUF

SEA/LA @ BUF

BUF @ SF 

also possible would be a placement game opponent from playing North and south division teams

The game on Sunday night likely will be later in the year because they can easier flex it.

So I cover this pretty extensively once we hit the offseason but lets have fun now. Any team that has made the playoffs at least gets a MNF and typically one other night game. After that it is based off market, interest, stars, success etc.. The Bills of 2018 were the first time in forever a team that made the playoffs only got singular night game and it was the NFL basically saying we don't think you actually are that good even though you made the playoffs.

The Bills home and away schedule is pretty much set to this next year:

Home: Jets, Pats, Phins, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks, Rams, and AFC N equal which most likely will be the Steelers baring a collapse on their part

Away: Jets, Pats, Phins, Broncos, Raiders, 49ers, Cardinals, and AFC South which should be the Titans if everything stays as is (MAYBE Colts if they win out and Titans lose out)

Looking at the caliber of opponents and the amount of star type players Buffalo will certainly be getting at least two night games and a a few 4 PM games given the West coast opponents. My guess just based off of who we have is something like this:

SNF: home vs Seahawks

MNF: at NYJ

TNF: home vs Pats

4:25 games- Chiefs, 49ers & Raiders

Yes I am calling for 6 games to be not at 1:00pm, but Buffalo has proved they are a team and next year IF Brady leaves they will be the favorites for the AFC East. Any major matchup that is not 1:00pm will be against major markets or draws. A MNF game that is Bills Cardinals would actually be really fun but your not going to get enough market. I could see the Bills re-matching PIT at home on national TV, but the NFL/TV networks tend to protect certain teams and I just can't see them letting the Steelers get one of their night matchups be Buffalo unless it is flexed again.

53 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't believe management wants home Sunday Night Football games.

I think they're terrified of what will happen in the parking lots before the game.

I think a Monday Night game is likely and another one on the road. Baby steps.

They've hosted at home in 16 and 18 with nothing bad happening and national media saying it was a great environment. I think mgmt is probably less skiddish now. Remember when they took over in 2014 it was just a little over a year plus from two people dying in the parking lots. I don't blame them for being nervous

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

They've hosted at home in 16 and 18 with nothing bad happening and national media saying it was a great environment. I think mgmt is probably less skiddish now. Remember when they took over in 2014 it was just a little over a year plus from two people dying in the parking lots. I don't blame them for being nervous

Those games weren't on Sunday night.

I assume part of the population goes to work if the game is on a Thursday or Monday. 

Sunday, everyone is drinking from sunrise to sunset. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Those games weren't on Sunday night.

I assume part of the population goes to work if the game is on a Thursday or Monday. 

Sunday, everyone is drinking from sunrise to sunset. 

I am just saying enough time has passed to let the trial run go again. Also with the team ascending and getting national attention you don't get to control that as much. If the media wants it at night its happening.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am kind of tired of playing the Pats in Primetime. that’s more about the Pats than the Bills. 
the Bills ratings for Primetime games are showing that Bills fans are driving viewership not Pats fans. 
How many Primetime games did the Bills have last year after their playoff appearance? 1 the Monday night game at home against the Pats. 
Hopefully the Bills will have a couple big wins in the playoffs and we can get some Primetime rematches against those teams. 

The big difference was everyone knew the Bills got into the playoffs on luck and the NFL basically said show us your for real. It took a year extra but they have now. Prior to that every playoff team had received at least two night games going back to forever.

• Like (+1) 1