I want the Ravens again in the playoffs...

eball

16 minutes ago, eball said:

I hear ya, but they are the team that I think makes it to the SB at the end of the day -- unless we stop them.

Reid’s not doing it, and I don’t trust Mahomes either. I agree with you on the Ravens, they don’t scare me at all. Only team I don’t want to play right now is the Pats just because it’s the Pats. What happens Saturday may change my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Reid’s not doing it, and I don’t trust Mahomes either. I agree with you on the Ravens, they don’t scare me at all. Only team I don’t want to play right now is the Pats just because it’s the Pats. What happens Saturday may change my mind.

Could you imagine beating the Chiefs and Mahomes in the playoffs? What do you think the "we shoulda drafted Mahomes" crowd on the board would do?!?

9 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Could you imagine beating the Chiefs and Mahomes in the playoffs? What do you think the "we shoulda drafted Mahomes" crowd on the board would do?!?

It would be the greatest disappearing act ever.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

...I really do.  I think Josh will be more prepared/have better answers for the blitzing, and I remain confident McD and Frazier can slow Lamar down.  The Bills made a handful of mistakes in the first game and were still one completion away from taking the game to OT.

With real REFS!

42 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Pass. I want the easiest path for us possible. Lots of upsets.

The Media will still say we didn't play any good teams.
Put an * by the BILLS superbowl win, all the teams they played had cheerleaders, they don't which gives them a advantage. :) 

23 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

My take is that Mahomes is all flash, no substance. I would rather have Lamar is a big game.... and of course I would rather have Josh too, but that may be a bit of the homer in me.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

The Media will still say we didn't play any good teams.
Put an * by the BILLS superbowl win, all the teams they played had cheerleaders, they don't which gives them a advantage. :) 

And if the entire "best possible NFC team" faces us in the SB with all 22 starters out due to the flu, would you turn down that SB trophy and really, truly care about the narrative that the stinking MEDIA would play? 

Not this guy.

I personally think the ravens will flame out in the playoffs.

Reasoning being, they likely play a team that has played them already. A big advantage the ravens have on teams is the speed jackson plays at. A second game gives a good defense opportunity to be better prepared

Also playoff time comes and teams play harder, I believe we are seeing the best of the ravens right now. I think teams like the chiefs and patriots have one more gear they can get to

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Pass. I want the easiest path for us possible. Lots of upsets.

There is a scenario where the playoffs get seeded

1. Baltimore

2. Kansas City

3. Buffalo

4. Houston

5. New England

6. Pittsburgh

Wild Card weekend

(6)Pitt @(3)Buffalo

(5)NE @(4) Houston

Divisional Round

(3) Buffalo @ (2) KC

(4) Houston @ (1) Baltimore

Conference Championship

(4) Houston @ (3) Buffalo

I have Houston over NE and BAL. On their best days they can put up points, but their defense isn't great. Until I see Josh light up NE, I really don't want anything to do with them in the playoffs. Our defense seems to be able to slow down the best of offenses, but we struggle against stout defenses.  

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

1. Baltimore

2. Kansas City

3. Buffalo

4. Houston

5. New England

6. Pittsburgh

Wild Card weekend

(6)Pitt @(3)Buffalo

(5)NE @(4) Houston

Divisional Round

(3) Buffalo @ (2) KC

Conference Championship

I have Houston over NE and BAL. On their best days they can put up points, but their defense isn't great. Until I see Josh light up NE, I really don't want anything to do with them in the playoffs. Our defense seems to be able to slow down the best of offenses, but we struggle against stout defenses.  

This scenario would require NE losing to Miami in week 17. Dolphins still have a shot at the number 2 overall pick. I can't see them going all out to win whereas NE might still have a shot at a bye even if we beat them. 

As for OP's question, the answer depends on how healthy Mahomes is. If he's still banged up then I'd rather see KC. Baltimore is just like us only better. Presumably we're talking about AFC championship game here.

Edited by VW82

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

1. Baltimore

2. Kansas City

3. Buffalo

4. Houston

5. New England

6. Pittsburgh

Wild Card weekend

(6)Pitt @(3)Buffalo

(5)NE @(4) Houston

Divisional Round

(3) Buffalo @ (2) KC

Conference Championship

Good work, Juice! I like these odds vs. your Bronco.......

1 hour ago, Rico said:

My take is that Mahomes is all flash, no substance. I would rather have Lamar is a big game.... and of course I would rather have Josh too, but that may be a bit of the homer in me.

Yeah, Mahomes only put up 31 points and only had a 117 qb rating in The title game in his first year as a starter. What a loser!

47 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I personally think the ravens will flame out in the playoffs.

Reasoning being, they likely play a team that has played them already. A big advantage the ravens have on teams is the speed jackson plays at. A second game gives a good defense opportunity to be better prepared

Also playoff time comes and teams play harder, I believe we are seeing the best of the ravens right now. I think teams like the chiefs and patriots have one more gear they can get to

They could.  Every team can with a bad game.  They also have far away the most impressive collection of wins of any team in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Rico said:

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Lamar over Mahomes? Yikes. Doug, is that you?