NYP Article about Bills/Patriots

Michael1962

The Patriots clinched a playoff berth for the 11th consecutive year by virtue of their win over the Bengals Sunday in Cincinnati.

It goes without saying that is one of the most impressive feats in the sport.

It also elicits a collective yawn from the many NFL fans who have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick fatigue. Whether the good people of New England want to acknowledge it or not, most of America wants someone else other than the Patriots to win the Super Bowl — or be in the Super Bowl at all.

With this, we present to those outside of Patriots Nation your potential new heroes: The Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Shaw66

12 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Interesting that the Post states that McD is a leading candidate for COY...I haven’t heard him mentioned in national sports news. 

Great article. 

McDermott’s currently the leader in betting odds at +200 with Shanahan in second at +275

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

NY Post, good article 

Just because I agree with the basic sentiment of something doesn’t make it good. That was trash that a high school freshman could whip out during his walk between classes.

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Interesting that the Post states that McD is a leading candidate for COY...I haven’t heard him mentioned in national sports news. 

Great article. 

Doesn't the AP vote on CoY? 

Wouldn't be surprised if the post had some inside info if so. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MDH said:

Just because I agree with the basic sentiment of something doesn’t make it good. That was trash that a high school freshman could whip out during his walk between classes.

While I have seen this sentiment reflected on TBD I don't recall any other writers discussing fatigue of watching the Patriots win.  I live in Co and have spoken with Broncos fans as well as fans of other franchises (other fans than the Patriots* fans) and there is definitely this type of fatigue amongst NFL fans, I just haven't seen it written yet.  Maybe I missed an article.

Edited by Michael1962

2 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

While I have seen this sentiment reflected on TBD I don't recall any other writers discussing fatigue of watching the Patriots win.  I live in Co and have spoken with Broncos fans as well as fans of other franchises (other fans than the Patriots* fans) and there is definitely this type of fatigue amongst NFL fans, I just haven't seen it written yet.  Maybe I missed an article.

I think part of the reason you don't see people writing about it is because other teams haven't been beat twice a year for the past two decades. 

Granted that's part of the AFC Easts problem with never getting better other than the pats but other teams have probably played them 3-5 times in that span so it's not as demoralizing or a point of focus because they say "well a good team beat us" 

The best thing I can equate it to is a big fish in a little pond. 

The pats have feasted on the AFC East forever because they have been stable and strong (and cheated) while everyone else in the division has been in disarray. 

And honestly there are probably 3 reasons to watch the pats. 

1. You're a NE fan. 

2. You want to watch them lose. 

3. You got money riding on them. 

#2 is probably why most people watch them in the super bowl. 

Kind of rambling so I'll hang up and listen. 

• Like (+1) 2

With a Bill's win over the Patriots, it forces the Patriots to play Miami straight up without the benefit of resting players in order to win the division and keep pace with Kansas City (who play Chicago and Chargers, both very winnable for the Chiefs.)

Edited by mabden
double post
  • Like (+1) 1