Joe B All-22 vs Steelers - Cody Ford has best game at RT

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Did you also think Dawkins would be a better G?

I knew he was versatile enough to probably play both. The big difference with Dion is that he played well at LT his rookie year whereas Ford has mostly been a liability.

I think Ford needs more quickness and agility to play RT. Off the snap he is ok but his footwork is not where it needs to be for a starting RT. I will say that when he locks into a block and gets his hands on a guy's they are done. He is a very good run blocker and he seems like a smart guy. He would make a perfect RG that could also fill in at RT if needed.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kudos to Ford... Watt is a “game changer” and DPOY candidate and though he made some plays, he didn’t change that game thanks to him 

Pretty impressive on Cody's part, especially being on the road with all that noise.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bill in NYC would be the expert on this.

I know. Historically, Bills fans have some sort of strange aversion to drafting a CB in round 1. Sure, it’s not a sexy pick, but Tre White singlehandedly has won us at least 2 games this year. 

9 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I know. Historically, Bills fans have some sort of strange aversion to drafting a CB in round 1. Sure, it’s not a sexy pick, but Tre White singlehandedly has won us at least 2 games this year. 

We didn't have a #1 shut down corner that fit McDermott's scheme at the time when we drafted White though.  We have more pressing needs to address (DE, WR, OLB).  Plus, McDermott/Beane are good at developing CB's so a 3rd and 4th round pick could easily become a reliable #2 CB across from White. 

Edited by Doc Brown

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I knew he was versatile enough to probably play both. The big difference with Dion is that he played well at LT his rookie year whereas Ford has mostly been a liability.

Weird, I dont remember some of the most premier pass rushers in the league having much success against him...........

It's weird man, I forgot that rookies can't get better.... unfortunately.

Edited by warrior9

On 12/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, YoloinOhio said:

-Ed Oliver continues to dominate another good OL

I'd be curious what they had to say about this matchup if anybody wants to post a little abstract.

I think Ed Oliver has been great this year but I thought he was handled pretty well by David DeCastro last week.

And that's not a shot at Oliver as Decastro is undeniably one of the very best Guards in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'd be curious what they had to say about this matchup if anybody wants to post a little abstract.

I think Ed Oliver has been great this year but I thought he was handled pretty well by David DeCastro last week.

And that's not a shot at Oliver as Decastro is undeniably one of the very best Guards in the NFL.

Over the last five games, Oliver has a GPA of 3.43, ranking behind only weak-side linebacker Matt Milano (3.47). Oliver is commanding an increasing amount of double teams, he’s beating them to create negative plays for the offense, he’s setting up his teammates for success and he never gives up on a play. All of those attributes were again on display in Pittsburgh, where Oliver put in another dominant performance against a great offensive line.

there is video but I don’t know how to copy. Very true about DeCastro. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Weird, I dont remember some of the most premier pass rushers in the league having much success against him...........

It's weird man, I forgot that rookies can't get better.... unfortunately.

You’re getting strangely defensive over this. Not sure why saying he could make a better guard than tackle is making you feel some kind of way.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:27 PM, Penfield45 said:

its not that big of a need. there are about  3-4 other positions on offense that take priority over CB2. I'd rather draft a DE than another CB. Kevin Johnson is young and can develop into a solid #2 CB. 

We need 2 new WR's, a new TE to compete with Knox next season and a backup RB. skill positions on offense suck 

Kevin johnson will be 28 next football season, in his 6th season. He doesnt need to "develop", hes a former first rounder, his issues have been health. He is pretty good, but not someone I want to have to rely on. He is also a free agent. Even if he does resign and start I would want another CB. Not saying it has to be a high draft pick, but I guarantee we add to the CB room. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You’re getting strangely defensive over this. Not sure why saying he could make a better guard than tackle is making you feel some kind of way.

No, I'm not getting defensive. We have a 10-4 record and have a solid offensive line with a rookie that has progressed tremendously as a raw talent throughout the year and we want to move him. Some people are wanting to move Feliciano and/or let Spain walk to move Ford to G. That's just not needed. 

18 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Kevin johnson will be 28 next football season, in his 6th season. He doesnt need to "develop", hes a former first rounder, his issues have been health. He is pretty good, but not someone I want to have to rely on. He is also a free agent. Even if he does resign and start I would want another CB. Not saying it has to be a high draft pick, but I guarantee we add to the CB room. 

Agreed with Johnson. I also feel like McDermott has shown he is a great secondary coach. Johnson is what Johnson is. 
I agree with everyone that the Bills need high end talent at CB, DE, and WR. I have zero doubt Beane and McDermott will have a plan after the season to address every area of need. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

No, I'm not getting defensive. We have a 10-4 record and have a solid offensive line with a rookie that has progressed tremendously as a raw talent throughout the year and we want to move him. Some people are wanting to move Feliciano and/or let Spain walk to move Ford to G. That's just not needed. 

Spain is a free agent after the season so if he signs elsewhere then it only makes sense that Ford is a potential replacement. 

Do you seriously think that this coaching staff would be giving Nsekhe so much playing time if they were happy with how Ford was playing? 

Potentially being a better guard than tackle isn’t a knock on Ford. If anything, it could help make this line go from solid to really good.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Spain is a free agent after the season so if he signs elsewhere then it only makes sense that Ford is a potential replacement. 

Do you seriously think that this coaching staff would be giving Nsekhe so much playing time if they were happy with how Ford was playing? 

Potentially being a better guard than tackle isn’t a knock on Ford. If anything, it could help make this line go from solid to really good.

I think they will make a fair offer to Spain, and if he walks, turn the reigns over to Ford. Nsekhe is starting RT with Waddle his backup, maybe add another tackle for competition. If anything, Ford offers very good flexibility to play guard or tackle. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

It's interesting that they also mention the play of Vincent Taylor. I only him on one play, but holy ***** did he single handedly blowup Pouncey and their attempt to run up the middle. 

I think Taylor allows them to let Phillips walk if he demands too much money, or if they think his excellent season is a product of the system or a contract year.