Ed Oliver Hustle plays - Baldinger Breakdown

wppete

Not hearing the to small, can’t get off a block nonsense are we, EO is a damn good football player, and he is only going to get better.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Baldy is really really enjoyable to listen too. Surprising how good he is really.

He seems to also enjoy breaking down Bills film. I know he does it for every team, but just seems like he gets a little extra jazzed when he breaks us down.

• Like (+1) 1

Something else Baldinger could have added is that after forcing the  checkdown Oliver turns downfield to improve his angle and force a new perimeter for the receiver. He doesn’t lose his discpline and go straight to the ball but instead helps to secure a best case/more limited field for our D on the RAC. 

• Like (+1) 2

I loved the Ed pick and he has really come alive as of late. He had an OK start to the season. He was disruptive but not really making a huge impact, but he was a net positive. Then in the middle of the season it looked like while he was a positive as a pass rusher he was going to be a liability in the run game. But in recent weeks he has been very good both in the pass rush and run departments. I think he could easily be a pro-bowler in 2020. 

39 minutes ago, cage said:

Wasn't it just 3-4 weeks ago that he was a bust??

When the run defense was struggling I thought he was a bit of a liability as a run defender. I thought he should be flexed into passing downs and have his snap count decreased. But around the time they played the Broncos he has turned it on in the rush defense and continued to improve as a pass rusher.