Improving the O right now.

peterpan

33 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I feel like Duke williams has turned into a Michael Jasper type legend, zero production to warrant the fan love, I get that he is an unknown, but there has to be a reason he hasn't been playing.

At the risk of offending many people here......I trust the professional football people who are well paid by the Bills to make these decisions. Nobody is ever 100%, but my money will be on the pros. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, peterpan said:

Obviously our O is suspect.  There's a lot to be addressed this off-season, but what can we do right now to get better????  Here are some of my ideas. 

Bench Gore.  He is just too slow.  This has been a long season for him, and he doesn't have the burst he had in week 1.  Give Yeldon a shot.  He is fresh.  Gore could potentially come back during the playoffs if he gets some burst back.  

Play Kroft more.  Knox has made some high light plays, but mainly I've seen him drop easy passes.  Idk if Kroft is better, but, Beane gave him a big money contract, so I have to think he will be  more reliable. We need some reliability right now. 

McKenzie over Beasley, sometimes.  Beasley also has had way too many drops.  McKenzie is quick too and may be more reliable at this moment.  Beasley is in a slump.  

Activate Duke!!! Duke has reliable hands and can compete for jump balls.  That is something this offense desperately needs!!!  Andre Roberts does not justify a roster spot for being a kick returner, and Lee Smith doesn't either, for his role. Activate Duke Williams!!! He would be drawing the dime CB while on the field.  Get him singled up 1v1 and throw him the ball!!!  Duke could have a big impact on hot reads too, when facing an all out blitz, ala Baltimore.  I personally think DW would have caught that 4th down pass v Baltimore, if he was in that position.  

Bench Ford.  Hopefully Nseke is healthy soon, and can start.  Ford has been the weak spot on the OL.   I think Nseke, being a veteran, will offer a lot in a post season push.  

Any other ideas???

Use different personal groupings in the hurry up, doesnt need to be 11 personnel, just hurry up and keep the Defense on their heals and less likely to make adjustments and more time for us to make adjustments.

12 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I took out all the banter and left your suggestions. This sounds too much like sit Flutie and try Johnson to me. Stick with the guys that got you to the dance. We're a work in progress and it takes time and repetition and experience, especially meaningful December and Janyuary football. 

Rob Johnson had the Tennessee game WON. It was not his fault AT ALL that the Bills lost that game.

Whatever they do, they have 3 weeks to experiment...I hope they make the most of it.

Edited by 32ABBA

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Rob Johnson had the Tennessee game WON. It was not his fault AT ALL that the Bills lost that game.

I agree with you on him having the game won, but to say it wasn't his fault at all is a bit of a stretch. 

16 hours ago, Doc said:

Bench Ford for whom, if Nsekhe still isn't healthy?  I would like to see Bates but I figure they would have done it by now.

And they need to play Yeldon.  Let him run and more importantly catch the ball.  Even split him out wide at times.

This... I'll let the guys that get paid millions to decide who is the better, more talented player decide who should play.

I will never understand how we take tackles that are currently playing well and want to bench / move them on this board.

First, it was Glenn and the whole "move him to guard" as he was playing at a top 10 LT.

Then it was, "Move Dawkins to RT.. maybe to G"

Now it's Cody Ford... I mean, has he had some help on some plays? Sure. But as a rookie he has went against D Lawrence/ Michael Bennett, Von Miller, and TJ Watt.. and NONE of them have affected the outcome of the game... Watt had 2 TFL's on horrible play calls (Gore on an outside zone?!?!?!?!?!) and one half sack... he's playing fine. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Daboll, Daboll Daboll.....  4 pages & he should be front & center in this thread.

He is 90% to blame for not allowing Allen to shine.

God this gets old. He is doing fine. He's managing Josh and the whole offense for wins not prolific points and possible TO's. Remember Ben's first year, when they went to the Superbowl, I think you are seeing that with Josh.

When you have a defense like we do, the name of the game is complimentary football. Play to your strength. With a riskier offensive plan, the chance of a fast 3 and out or TO's increases. What have you done then? Put your best unit at risk by forcing them to be put into compromising situations. Would we have won the Pats game with oh say, 3 less turnovers? I think so.

Be patient, the plan here is a few years not just a season and a half, and we got 10 wins, Enjoy our WINNING formula, of which Dabol is a big part.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sure thing smart guy: my suggestion is to not needlessly tinker with the active roster on a 10-4 playoff team and start altering gameplans to involve marginalia that have barely played. That good enough for you chief?

Saints and Chiefs just put in waiver claims on guys they expect to contribute immediately...they are tinkering trying to get better. 

It's a Darwinian game...need to keep evolving each week or fall behind. 

37 minutes ago, foreboding said:

God this gets old. He is doing fine. He's managing Josh and the whole offense for wins not prolific points and possible TO's. Remember Ben's first year, when they went to the Superbowl, I think you are seeing that with Josh.

When you have a defense like we do, the name of the game is complimentary football. Play to your strength. With a riskier offensive plan, the chance of a fast 3 and out or TO's increases. What have you done then? Put your best unit at risk by forcing them to be put into compromising situations. Would we have won the Pats game with oh say, 3 less turnovers? I think so.

Be patient, the plan here is a few years not just a season and a half, and we got 10 wins, Enjoy our WINNING formula, of which Dabol is a big part.

Sorry I expect better.  Everytime it appears the offense may turn a corner Daboll regresses and the Bills flounder.  Vs. Baltimore at he Allen was under constant pressure and terrible game calling and follows it up with another 130 yard game vs Pitt.  

They purposely put the breaks on the offense and hard to watch despite 10 wins.

Edited by Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry I expect better.  Everytime it appears the offense may turn a corner Daboll regresses and the Bills flounder.  Vs. Baltimore at he Allen was under constant pressure and terrible game calling and follows it up with another 130 yard game vs Pitt.  

do you do this to family and friends, or just us?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I feel like Duke williams has turned into a Michael Jasper type legend, zero production to warrant the fan love, I get that he is an unknown, but there has to be a reason he hasn't been playing.

Duke Wlliam's was signed as un drafted rookie by the Rams who only won around 4 games that season, but still wasn't able to make the roster.  After that no other NFL teams bothered with him.  Then after two seasons in the CFL  he signs with Buffalo, but don't recall much of a bidding war for his services.  After having a per-season that many here must think was the 2nd coming of Julio Jones he's cut and again no one signs him.  And after that 6  weeks or so on the practice squad and again not signed by anyone. 

I realize much of the early career lack of interest was due to off field issues but there are plenty of players with off field issues playing in the NFL, the difference is they have the talent.   This love fest for someone who's apparently shows very little every day in practice to coaches and overall to other teams boarders on insanity.   It is still possible given an off-season to further develop, he could turn out next season to be a productive player.  But barring someone getting hurt, doubt you'll be seeing any of him this year.  But even then likely the team will add an experienced WR plus draft one, so guys like him and even those above him on the depth chart like McKenzie and Foster are in trouble to make next seasons roster.

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Lucky for us you aren't the coach and we have 10 wins.

• Like (+1) 1