Improving the O right now.

peterpan

45 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Obviously our O is suspect.  There's a lot to be addressed this off-season, but what can we do right now to get better????  Here are some of my ideas. 

Bench Gore.  He is just too slow.  This has been a long season for him, and he doesn't have the burst he had in week 1.  Give Yeldon a shot.  He is fresh.  Gore could potentially come back during the playoffs if he gets some burst back.  

Play Kroft more.  Knox has made some high light plays, but mainly I've seen him drop easy passes.  Idk if Kroft is better, but, Beane gave him a big money contract, so I have to think he will be  more reliable. We need some reliability right now. 

McKenzie over Beasley, sometimes.  Beasley also has had way too many drops.  McKenzie is quick too and may be more reliable at this moment.  Beasley is in a slump.  

Activate Duke!!! Duke has reliable hands and can compete for jump balls.  That is something this offense desperately needs!!!  Andre Roberts does not justify a roster spot for being a kick returner, and Lee Smith doesn't either, for his role. Activate Duke Williams!!! He would be drawing the dime CB while on the field.  Get him singled up 1v1 and throw him the ball!!!  Duke could have a big impact on hot reads too, when facing an all out blitz, ala Baltimore.  I personally think DW would have caught that 4th down pass v Baltimore, if he was in that position.  

Bench Ford.  Hopefully Nseke is healthy soon, and can start.  Ford has been the weak spot on the OL.   I think Nseke, being a veteran, will offer a lot in a post season push.  

Any other ideas???

LOL so you activated two guys, but didn't see who you're taking off the field.  

Ford being benched isn't happening, nor does it warrant happening.  Ford is more than holding his own against some top defensive teams.  Who's to say Ty would have even done any  better the past few weeks.

Can activate Williams, but doubt they throw him the ball as they barely involve the #4 or #5 WR now.

• Like (+1) 1

Not too bad OP. 
I like Yeldon over Gore. Use Yeldon as a third down back.

Kroft is hitting his stride after missing a ton of the season. When healthy is he the best TE on the team this year.

I disagreed about Ford, he wasn’t a top 10 pick, he needs time to adjust and he is getting better. Plus with Nsekhe’s ankle injury I doubt anyone is better at RT on the roster. When Nsekhe comes back he will need to rotate like he has with Ford. 

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh Duke Williams. The slow WR that can’t separate that Bills fans fall in love with. After this year he will be added to all the other PS Gems we have had over the years. 

Depsite only being active 3 games, he has out produced Foster and got great separation on a game winning TD.  

So he’s helped us win a game despite only being active for 3.  Foster and Roberts have not.  

So it’s pretty silly to knock the idea of having him active over guys doing LESS than what he’s done in very limited opportunities.

Duke doesn’t need to get 8 rec for 120 yards to have value.  It’s indisputable he’s big and has great hands.  Our top 3 WRS average 5’10” and 180 pounds.  It’s unquestionable adding a big target with sure hands would have value in key 3rd down situations, goal line scenarios, red zone opportunities, etc over guys who are not producing each week like Foster or Roberts. 

Not to mention Duke is a way better blocker than those other 2 are too.

Issue to me seems to be Daboll likes gadget plays and the other guys fit that mold more and I think it’s his stubborn commitment to that style that keeps Duke inactive on game days lately in favor of speedy guys.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Obviously our O is suspect.  There's a lot to be addressed this off-season, but what can we do right now to get better????  Here are some of my ideas. 

Bench Gore.  He is just too slow.  This has been a long season for him, and he doesn't have the burst he had in week 1.  Give Yeldon a shot.  He is fresh.  Gore could potentially come back during the playoffs if he gets some burst back.  

Play Kroft more.  Knox has made some high light plays, but mainly I've seen him drop easy passes.  Idk if Kroft is better, but, Beane gave him a big money contract, so I have to think he will be  more reliable. We need some reliability right now. 

McKenzie over Beasley, sometimes.  Beasley also has had way too many drops.  McKenzie is quick too and may be more reliable at this moment.  Beasley is in a slump.  

Activate Duke!!! Duke has reliable hands and can compete for jump balls.  That is something this offense desperately needs!!!  Andre Roberts does not justify a roster spot for being a kick returner, and Lee Smith doesn't either, for his role. Activate Duke Williams!!! He would be drawing the dime CB while on the field.  Get him singled up 1v1 and throw him the ball!!!  Duke could have a big impact on hot reads too, when facing an all out blitz, ala Baltimore.  I personally think DW would have caught that 4th down pass v Baltimore, if he was in that position.  

Bench Ford.  Hopefully Nseke is healthy soon, and can start.  Ford has been the weak spot on the OL.   I think Nseke, being a veteran, will offer a lot in a post season push.  

Any other ideas???

Beasley in a slump after catching TDs in 6 of the last 9 games.  He drops some passes. Oh well.  He’s our slot wr for the next 2-3 years.  Get used to it.  Mckenzie is already playing lots of snaps currently 

• Like (+1) 1

Any other ideas???

Gore is the short yardage back that wont fumble. He should be used only in those situations. 

Kroft more - not in place of Know. But in two TE sets.

No McK over Beasley.

No Duke. If week 17 is meaningless he will start and catch 15 passes for 265 yards and 3 TD's. Then we get a million post saying why is he not playing, start him in the playoffs, etc.

Ford - Plays unless Nsehke is healthy to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Hey it’s another cleverly disguised Duke thread

Exactly … I like Duke and I like Foster but I don't think either would be used and Foster is playing well on ST.

Cody has been playing better so while TY is out it makes no sense to blow the kid's confidence (I don't recall Josh being sacked repeatedly on Sunday from Ford's side of the line and he was playing a premier edge rusher.).

Bench Beasley after one bad game?  

As for the tight ends; Kroft is a mystery and Knox has shown incredible potential (Remember he was not thrown to a lot in college.) but they position does not seem to have a role in BD's offensive game planning.  I would love to see a double tight end scheme with Knox and Kroft both going out 5-10 yards but then again I don't spend 23 hours a day putting together a game plan.

Any other ideas???

Two weeks ago, Beasley had a career game against Dallas. Let’s try to stay focused.

• Like (+1) 2

Why fans here prioritize STs play over an offense that has trouble scoring frankly make no sense, regardless of nonsense they have been trained to say.

Go Bills!!!

36 minutes ago, NC Book said:

Whatever happened to McKenzie on those jet sweeps? Higher chance of getting a chunk play. If not, usually still good for 2 or 3 yards. It also becomes good eye candy after a few gives. The inches we need are all around us!

my biggest question as well...not like it hasn't been working 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m of the opinion that Foster can run the majority of the McKenzie gadget plays. 

And you would be right,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Depsite only being active 3 games, he has out produced Foster and got great separation on a game winning TD.  

So he’s helped us win a game despite only being active for 3.  Foster and Roberts have not.  

So it’s pretty silly to knock the idea of having him active over guys doing LESS than what he’s done in very limited opportunities.

Duke doesn’t need to get 8 rec for 120 yards to have value.  It’s indisputable he’s big and has great hands.  Our top 3 WRS average 5’10” and 180 pounds.  It’s unquestionable adding a big target with sure hands would have value in key 3rd down situations, goal line scenarios, red zone opportunities, etc over guys who are not producing each week like Foster or Roberts. 

Not to mention Duke is a way better blocker than those other 2 are too.

Issue to me seems to be Daboll likes gadget plays and the other guys fit that mold more and I think it’s his stubborn commitment to that style that keeps Duke inactive on game days lately in favor of speedy guys.

and doesn’t play ST does he. Foster and Roberts do. Just like you need from your WR 5 and WR6 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Excellent contribution... any suggestions? Thoughts? No? Kinda thought so... ?? nuthin but Luv there fellow Bills fan.

Go Bills!!!

Sure thing smart guy: my suggestion is to not needlessly tinker with the active roster on a 10-4 playoff team and start altering gameplans to involve marginalia that have barely played. That good enough for you chief?

• Like (+1) 1