Bills not Browns breakout team of the year

DJB

https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/football/opinion/2019/12/16/the-10-win-bills-are-building-something-to-last-in-buffalo.html

The pre-season NFL prognostications focused excitedly on an exciting young Rust Belt team finally poised to make a meaningful step forward.

The prognosticators, however, were just a wee bit too west in their aim.

Instead of the Cleveland Browns, as it has turned out, it was the Buffalo Bills who were the team to watch. Instead of Baker Mayfield, they should have been talking more about Josh Allen. Instead of Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward, it should have been more about Tremaine Edmunds and Tre’Davious White.

Rest of article in link

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I use to feel for the Browns. I beared them no ill will. But my god have they become an unlikable bunch.

Yeah they have.  I don't think there's a more unlikeable player in the league than Jarvis Landry.  
Baker is up there too but at least he makes funny State Farm Commercials....at least I think they're funny.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

How bout them browns, ?

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah they have.  I don't think there's a more unlikeable player in the league than Jarvis Landry.  
Baker is up there too but at least he makes funny State Farm Commercials....at least I think they're funny.

Progressive 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure which team is more disappointing.  Chargers, browns, cowboys, falcons or eagles.  

The Cowboys still have a chance to win their division so underachieving as they may be, I don't think they are at the complete disappointment level as some of the others. The Chargers, Eagles, and Falcons have all had some injuries to key players so I kind of give them a pass as well. The Browns on the other hand have one of the best offenses on paper in the league and the defense was already supposed to be their strongsuit prior to the year. Freddie Kitchens has completely failed as a head coach, especially being the guy who comes from an offensive background, and his team is a complete dumpster fire from a chemistry standpoint. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Baker

Landry

OBJ

Myles Garrett

Kitchens

They managed to assemble a good group of self-centered divas who think they can ride their god-given talent to easy wins. Very easy to dislike.

But I agree, those commercials are pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1

@elroy16 @section122 @NoHuddleKelly12  - See EDIT below, too.

"Oh well. That’s how these pre-season predictions go, and let’s face it, it’s been a cynical reflex for a while now to suggest both the Browns and Bills are teams that will always disappoint."

Just FYI, author of the article, the Bills have a winning record the last six years (48-46, including the playoff loss), are 46-37 over that span against teams not named Patriots.  In six years have had only 2 losing seasons and are now going to the playoffs for the second time in 3 years.

yeah, yeah...I know this year helps and I know we are not one of the teams of the decade, but for about the last half decade this has been a middling team at the very worst (33-32 including the playoff loss after McD's rookie year as coach, and 39-42 after the "take the lumps for the future" year of 2018), but generally they are thought of as one of the laughing stocks of the nfl, with no less than 3 prognosidiots having this team going 0-16 in anyone of the years 2016 and 2017.

...again...just gets tiresome.

EDIT:

Oh, and author, I know you like groupings, but before the ball snapped for the first time this September:

Bills since 2014 (incl. playoffs):  39-42

Browns since 2014 : 18-61-1

...yeah...they're like the same team, aren't they?!   :doh:  We only had...wait for it...wait for it...116% more victories than Cleveland over that span.

Someone please try and tell me there isn't an astigmatism about this team?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's sounding like the Browns players are the ones who want to "breakout" of Cleveland.

Can you blame them? They know their coach is in over his head, they have no respect for him and they know nothing is going to change with him there

• Like (+1) 1