Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0 - Video

wppete

16 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m hoping for a house cleaning I like Atlanta. 
What wasted talent there. I can see them not going full rebuild and just trying to solidify the defense though. Seems to be the smart route. How can a team with Julio, Ridley, and hooper not be an offensive juggernaut? The defense has always been suspect. Hindsight they were only good with shanahan and been kinda crappy every other year 

I could see Atlanta trade Julio.  Like you said, they still have Ridley to be their #1.  They traded Sanu to NE for a 2nd... :) :lol:

I would NOT break the bank for Julio though.  Expensive contract.  Getting older. I wouldn't give more than a 2nd-3rd round pick for him. (or multiple lower picks).

What Buffalo needs is a true #1 WR.  Free Agent, Trade, Draft, don't really care how ya get him.  We do not need more *mediocre* (in the best way possible) WR's on this team.

I would be fine w/ AB on this team, but VERY cap friendly deal, all incentive based.

I would be fine for trading for Julio or Green, but not for a #1 pick.  They are good now, but for how long.  Not worth a #1 pick.

I would also like to get true elite speedy WR.  Someone that could blow the doors off the defense if they are not watching.  We have THE QB for this type of WR.  This type of WR could be found in the draft in later rounds.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Josh was putting up 50/50 balls to start the season. But the Pats game showed him that the current WRs either CANT battle for the ball due to their size, or WONT battle for the ball (a la Zay Jones). It's not surprising that he stopped putting it up for grabs, and took a lot of arc off his deep balls, after that Pats game.

If we can bring in a big, physical WR and they build that trust, he'll put it up.

It's not a 50/50 ball when you throw into double or triple coverage. 

A big receiver would help, but he still needs to be more selective with the opportunities he takes down field.

He's been much better at this since the New England game when he was throwing prayers into areas with multiple defenders. 

Edited by jrober38

5 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

You're still a ways off- our late first probably has similar value to their pick next year. Them throwing in their second as well would be overpay.

The late 1st round picks have been gaining more value because of the option for the 5th year, which only 1st round picks get.

Teams are trading up into the 1st round for that extra year and the cost is cheaper at the end of the round IF a player you love is there (capt'n obvious right :)

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, the 20/20 hindsight move would have been firing Quinn and promoting Shanahan right after the Super Bowl. But that would have been an unprecedented move by Blank.

Even crazier is the fact that the Falcons are already $3M OVER cap for next year! I'm sure they'll make up some room when they clean house, but damn, not a great spot for a new GM. It may be a 2-3 year rebuild before they are steady again, and by then Matt and Julio are done.

Damn, 3 MIL over already!  Yeah, time to blow that crap up, take a hard year next year and GET the #1 pick.  new franchise QB...

Dude's a stud and worth blowing up a year to get him.

45 minutes ago, hjnick said:

I could see Atlanta trade Julio.  Like you said, they still have Ridley to be their #1.  They traded Sanu to NE for a 2nd... :) :lol:

I would NOT break the bank for Julio though.  Expensive contract.  Getting older. I wouldn't give more than a 2nd-3rd round pick for him. (or multiple lower picks).

What Buffalo needs is a true #1 WR.  Free Agent, Trade, Draft, don't really care how ya get him.  We do not need more *mediocre* (in the best way possible) WR's on this team.

I would be fine w/ AB on this team, but VERY cap friendly deal, all incentive based.

I would be fine for trading for Julio or Green, but not for a #1 pick.  They are good now, but for how long.  Not worth a #1 pick.

I would also like to get true elite speedy WR.  Someone that could blow the doors off the defense if they are not watching.  We have THE QB for this type of WR.  This type of WR could be found in the draft in later rounds.

Depending on what Atlanta does you may be able to do player(s) and picks. We may have some youngish players they’d like. 
Theilen and Diggs could be made available. 
AJ Green should hit free agency. He’s been playing cinci all year not wasting time playing on a dead team. If they franchise him they’d probably trade him for a mid pick 3-4 range but then you gotta pay the man. 
I could never support AB in the league again. Guy has lost his mind. He’s toxic. His head is so big now I would not be surprised if he never plays a meaningful down again. 
As for speedy not sure you’ll find someone that much faster than Brown. We haven’t seen it but that guy can burn down the sideline as good as anyone. Regardless they will be adding to the receiver room in the draft. I have zero doubts they’ll target at least one receiver for the draft even if they don’t use him much right away. 
I would expect Beane has a lot of ideas. He’s put in serious work and now he gets to have a little fun in a GM fantasy draft kind of perspective. I don’t think anyone is off the table when it comes to elite or impact players. He can burn a 1st rounder and even has a few players as trade bait. Obviously enough cap to absorb whatever contract he wants. 

If it’s me, I would sign Derrick Henry if he hits free agency for big money. I would throw my first rounder and more if needed at Detroit to grab Kenny Golloday. I would sign Shaq Lawson back and franchise Jordan Phillips seeing if he can do it one more year. 
Use the remaining draft picks on depth and the best pass rusher they have rated on their board available to them. 
And then I turned madden off. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1