Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0 - Video

wppete

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Ooooof this is my least favorite part of the year in football. I never understood making 20 mock drafts and all the gm’s and scouts on here fighting over who is best at what pick and then throwing temper tantrums when we don’t pick who they want. Especially this early when a million things change. I’m on to New England now ??

Well, half the NFL teams are out of the playoff hunt, so those fans need something to talk about...  AND this year we ain't one of those teams... :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Ngakoue would be the massive move I would make to add some talent to the team. I think against elite playoff teams this team has 3 big weaknesses. A WR opposite Brown that can command attention, A prime time pass rusher off the edge, and a corner opposite White. If they can retain Shaq and Phillips while adding a big time pass rusher like Ngakoue the D-line would be ready to compete against any O-line in the league while still having that depth that allows them to rotate players. I think they can find a number 2 corner for a mid-sized signing and then address WR in the draft early. 

yeah I agree would love to see us sign Ngakoue then we can focus on drafting WR, LB, CB and OL

Edited by wppete

15 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Well, half the NFL teams are out of the playoff hunt, so those fans need something to talk about...  AND this year we ain't one of those teams... :)

Well said. Years past this is normal prep time 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Ngakoue would be the massive move I would make to add some talent to the team. I think against elite playoff teams this team has 3 big weaknesses. A WR opposite Brown that can command attention, A prime time pass rusher off the edge, and a corner opposite White. If they can retain Shaq and Phillips while adding a big time pass rusher like Ngakoue the D-line would be ready to compete against any O-line in the league while still having that depth that allows them to rotate players. I think they can find a number 2 corner for a mid-sized signing and then address WR in the draft early. 

So Hughes, Star, Lawson, J Phillips and the Jaguars guy all on this team at the same time? 
that’s going to be the most expensive line in history and not even including the other guys like Oliver and H Phillips. Better be the most elite pass rush ever created 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

There are not going to be many dependable WR’s in FA.

Green, Cooper, Robbie Anderson. 

Not sure if anyone else is a clear cut upgrade over a 2nd round rookie and what we have.  That being said, I'm confident Beane will come up with something.

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

The Bills have killed the NFL signing 2nd and 3rd tier free agents over the last few years. 

Their big money should be spent extending their own.

Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson need to come back. Matt Milano needs a new deal, and I'd even prioritize working out an extension for Trey White now. Those four guys will all require pretty serious money.

The Bills appear to be very heavily based on establishing a culture. At this point the culture is there. Like some of the best teams around the league the next step is to let people inside the building know that if you do your job you'll be taken care of financially. 

Keep going after cheap vets on 1 and 2 year "prove it" contracts, and if you can get the right 2nd tier guy (think John Brown) who fills a specific need and might be undervalued by the rest of the league, do it.

Then keep plugging away in the draft. Pick up another 2-3 year high end rookies and some more depth, and keep building out the roster. 

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Hmm, I don’t see it shaking out that way.

I don’t see the Colts going WR personally.

It’s McShay and it’s a mock draft in December. I would bet every dollar I have that nearly everything he predicted will be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills have killed the NFL signing 2nd and 3rd tier free agents over the last few years. 

Their big money should be spent extending their own.

Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson need to come back. Matt Milano needs a new deal, and I'd even prioritize working out an extension for Trey White now. Those four guys will all require pretty serious money.

The Bills appear to be very heavily based on establishing a culture. At this point the culture is there. Like some of the best teams around the league the next step is to let people inside the building know that if you do your job you'll be taken care of financially. 

Keep going after cheap vets on 1 and 2 year "prove it" contracts, and if you can get the right 2nd tier guy (think John Brown) who fills a specific need and might be undervalued by the rest of the league, do it.

Then keep plugging away in the draft. Pick up another 2-3 year high end rookies and some more depth, and keep building out the roster. 

We can do both. Sign our own and pick up some big FAs.

I keep linking this in my posts, but credit to Virgil for doing the leg work on possible contracts versus our cap space:

According to his estimates, we can get all our re-signings and extensions done, and still have $42M in cap space for Free Agents. Even if you think his numbers are low and want to throw on another $10M, that's still $30M left for FAs. That could be 1 big signing, a couple 2nd Tier, and a few 3rd tier.

9 draft picks, $91M in cap space... There is no reason to think we can only do one thing or another in the offseason. All options are open and it's possible to do practically all of them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We can do both. Sign our own and pick up some big FAs.

I keep linking this in my posts, but credit to Virgil for doing the leg work on possible contracts versus our cap space:

According to his estimates, we can get all our re-signings and extensions done, and still have $42M in cap space for Free Agents. Even if you think his numbers are low and want to throw on another $10M, that's still $30M left for FAs. That could be 1 big signing, a couple 2nd Tier, and a few 3rd tier.

9 draft picks, $91M in cap space... There is no reason to think we can only do one thing or another in the offseason. All options are open and it's possible to do practically all of them.

I've looked at the free agent lists and honestly very few players have me interested.

I'd rather just keep doing what we're doing vs overpay top tier free agents. 

Keep nailing the draft, and keep adding guys on prove it deals who have talent but don't have big value usually because they're coming off injuries or out of schemes where they weren't really a good fit. 

Edited by jrober38

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Who was the surprise FA #1 WR last year?

Amari and OBJ were traded.. There wasn’t surprise cuts at receiver last offseason that I can remember. Lot of potential cut targets this offseason. Vikings aren’t keeping Thielen Diggs and Rudolph for one example. Some of the Jet guys may get cut loose, Chargers may fire sale depending on their offseason etc etc etc.. Too early to say there won’t be anyone in free agency