Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0 - Video

wppete

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Let's not confuse height for contested catch skills. Kelvin Benjamin is 6'5, Tyreek Hill is 5'10. I understand your sentiment, but height alone isn't the best indicator. If I could chose any WR in the world to put on this team it would be Mike Evans cause he's the missing piece. But if Mike Evans isn't available and someone like Stefon Diggs is, I'll still take the player whose gonna make plays.

IMO, Evans is the best route runner & receiver in the league.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

I would love to see us trade out of the first round and pick up a 2021 1st rounder. 

Something like this?

Bills: 1st + 5th + 6th + 6th

for

2nd, 4th + 2021 1st

We'd have the following picks and still room to maneuver up and down the board.

2nd

2nd

3rd

4th

4th

5th

6th

Also keep an eye out for Denzel Mims... I have a weird hunch he is the WR that we end up with..

Our pick won't have that much value.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Folks might be “claiming” that but it’s not true. There is a drop off at WR after the top 5 guys. 

Why wouldn’t we want an impact player for cheap this year? We have $90M in space, very few FA’s coming up and you want to punt on the first round to save money? What was the pain of 2018 for if we are gonna try to save cash in 2019?

We’re not touching the top 5 guys where we will be picking anyway. 

Moving back 5 - 10 spots really isn’t going to hinder your chances at getting an impact player. We’re already at the back end of the first round, the separation between end of the first round and beginning of the second round is less compared to that of beginning of the first and end of the first. 

I think the depth of the WR class (I've heard some guys say 25 WR's in the top 100 prospects.... 25!!) will cause some teams to wait on WR's which could push one of the top 5 or so to us. I personally wouldn't hate waiting till the second round for a WR if there's an Edge rusher, TE, or OL that we want/is a better value. 

I think as you can see with the Baltimore attack.  A great TE that can catch and block is worth a high draft pick.  I know we are kinda happy with our TE's right now, but if we can get another great one, let's do it...

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

23. Buffalo Bills

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Yes, John Brown and Cole Beasley have been a big part of the Bills' offense in quarterback Josh Allen's second season, but that doesn't mean the team doesn't need more help on that side of the ball. Aiyuk improves Buffalo's receiving corps with his versatility and speed. But don't be surprised if the Bills consider an edge rusher or cornerback here.

looks like a faster Stevie Johnson which im thrilled with. Also love that kid from CO as well. 

We are going to be selecting in a spot, where, you can kind of justify a handful of positions, and no real head and shoulders separation (as of now)..

i.e. Higgins, Jefferson, Shenault, Aiyuk, Ruggs, etc... are almost all going to be ranked in a cluster, so much depth in the class.

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Our pick won't have that much value.

Philadelphia trade their 1st (32) and 4th (132) to the Ravens for 2nd (52) , 4th (125) and 2019 2nd in the Lamar Jackson deal time move back 20 spots in 2018.

Green Bay traded their 1st (29) to Cleveland for their 2nd (33) and 4th (103) in 2017.

LA Rams traded their 1st (31) and 6th (203) to the Falcons for their 2nd (45) and 3rd (79) in 2019. 

Maybe we’d have to kick in our 4th instead... I didn’t do in-depth research before my post and just went off the top of my head on what the value would be roughly... wasn’t too far off :) 

I have a sneaky suspicion that he will the guy if they get a crack at him and want to go WR, and I wouldn't be mad at all. I think Daboll will fall in love with the idea of running him on sweeps, and in the backfield, and moving him around like a chess piece. 

He's definitely a burner, but look at this highlight video:

Look at how many times the ball is hanging in the air between defenders and he goes up and beats them to the catch point. That's contested catches. 

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a WR that Josh Allen couldn't overthrow??? :)

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

We’re not touching the top 5 guys where we will be picking anyway. 

Moving back 5 - 10 spots really isn’t going to hinder your chances at getting an impact player. We’re already at the back end of the first round, the separation between end of the first round and beginning of the second round is less compared to that of beginning of the first and end of the first. 

Sure but it’s still a separation. This is not a team that needs decent players, it’s a team that needs stars. 

Trading back made made sense when we had holes all over the roster, and a third, fourth or fifth round player may start. We don’t have that anymore. We need a star WR, not a JAG. 

This is is a year I would consider trading up long before I’d trade down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

That last sentence. 

A cornerback with our first pick when we have White and Wallace? Geeze. Is that the standard finishing sentence used for every team, or does he actually think we need a corner?

Every team can always use another good corner

theres things called injuries also

Aiyuk is listed at 5'11" on ESPN, but he's listed as 6'1" some places. No idea which is true, but he doesn't look 6'1" on tape.

Say what ypu want about height not mattering, but I can't see us taking a sub- 6'2" WR in round 1.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I would also pick into the WR position group multiple times. As we really only have 2 WRs right now. 

I think you nailed it earlier: Pay premium bucks for an edge rusher and sign some defensive depth in free agency.

Then spend just about every damn pick in the draft on the offense.

I know it doesn't work that way, it's not that simplistic. However, this defense is already very good and is full of budding stars, some of whom haven't even hit their prime yet. I want to see that type of talent infusion on offense. Beane and company got a good start on the process with Singeltary and Knox, now we need to see some legitimate receiving talent brought in. I'd also love to see them draft a bruising running back in the mid to late rounds to complement Motor. We can't have Allen be our power running red zone option his entire career. ?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I think you nailed it earlier: Pay premium bucks for an edge rusher and sign some defensive depth in free agency.

I know it doesn't work that way, it's not that simplistic. However, this defense is already very good and is full of budding stars, some of whom haven't even hit their prime yet. I want to see that type of talent infusion on offense. Beane and company got a good start on the process with Singeltary and Knox, now we need to see some legitimate receiving talent brought in. I'd also love to see them draft a bruising running back in the mid to late rounds to complement Motor. We can't have Allen be our power running red zone option his entire career. ?

Zack Moss will do and will be available in 4th or below 

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yannick Ngakoue?

• Like (+1) 1

Todd McShay has both A.J. Epenesa & Yetur Gross-Matos going at the very end of the first round.

I would take either one of those guys over Aiyuk, and take my chances on a WR in the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Can't even get to the playoff game before the mock draft nonsense starts.

It's just something fun to talk about during the middle of the week.

College Football's regular season is over, so it's a good time to start talking about who will be available come draft weekend.

• Like (+1) 1