This weeks look (laugh) at the Power Rankings

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

I honestly dont think GB, Minn or Sea are better than the Bills. I watch a lot of Seattle games as I live in Washington. Their defense isnt nearly as good as it has been, run game is meh... its really all Wilson magic at this point. If he isnt on point, they lose. 

But they've all won 11 games  and Minn, KC and NE 10 and have looked better winning the Bills have.  So that's 7 teams with as many or more wins and until the Bills can easily beat inferior teams, these others who have won as much or more and look better doing it should be ranked higher.  So that puts them down to at least #8 If you want to argue thats where they should be ranked , OK fine, but overall do think the Texans have more talent than the Bills so bumping Buffalo one slot lower to #9 isn't crazy by any stretch.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

The NFC is really strong this year.  Sea, SF, NO, GB, Minn are all going to be higher rates than Buffalo.  NE and Balt should be higher rates in the AFC at this point.   That's 7 teams right there, putting bills at 8.  Being 9 or 10 is accurate and a strong ranking I'd say. 

Looking at NFC division leaders earlier this morning, it's pretty impressive that 3 of the 4 are 11-3 on the season. 

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But they've all won 11 games  and Minn, KC and NE 10 and have looked better winning the Bills have.  So that's 7 teams with as many or more wins and until the Bills can easily beat inferior teams, these others who have won as much or more and look better doing it should be ranked higher.  So that puts them down to at least #8 If you want to argue thats where they should be ranked , OK fine, but overall do think the Texans have more talent than the Bills so bumping Buffalo one slot lower to #9 isn't crazy by any stretch.

And yet a lot of power rankings have Houston and Tennessee above us who have less wins than us... and we beat Tennessee lol - so obviously wins arent everything apparently. We have a top 3 defense, we also average rankings between offense and defense better than a lot of those teams, like Seattle for instance.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Who had 8? 

never mind  The Sporting News 

8. Buffalo Bills, 10-4 (9)

The Bills threw down their most impressive victory of their breakout season with their defensive dominance of the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are showing they can do all the little and big things to win games in the playoffs, too

NFL power rankings: Packers, Chiefs, Seahawks rise; 49ers ...

How was beating the Steelers (who's 4th string QB was driving for a tying TD as far as the Bills 24 in the final 90 seconds, thwarted by an EZ int) a more impressive victory than the win over the Cowboys? 

19 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

9 is about right considering all of the strong NFC teams. It's good to be in the top 10. Funny that pre-season ranking has us in the lower third and some near the bottom.  If we beat New England this weekend, we should switch places with them

Nah, NE will just be called overrated and the Bills will still have no quality wins

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Really strong   OR ... Just a bunch of good teams bunched together? 

Every one has had a blowout loss / Upset loss (or two)  excerpt the Vikings 

Yeah but they have Cousins who will fold like a cheap tent in the playoffs.  When the stakes are the highest, he plays his worst. He is the anti-Allen

Edited by matter2003

No one pays attention to the Buffalo Bills. But they’re back in the playoffs after winning in Pittsburgh.

By Mark Maske 
Dec. 15, 2019 at 9:41 p.m. MST

"There aren’t that many people outside Western New York, it seems, who pay much attention to the Buffalo Bills. Not this season. Not this century. Not ever, really"

No one pays attention?  Then how do you explain the recent TV ratings? 

The Bills militia stretches across the US and around the world.   They can all write this garbage until our playoff run comes to their town! 

Edited by buffalostu2

7 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

No it isn't.

We're better than Minn, Sea and GB.

Pretty simple actually.

Most people would disagree, based on those teams’ records and strength of schedule, as well as the fact that all of those teams feature modern NFL offenses.  See how that works?

These power rankings are all based on opinion and we all know everyone has one.

When the Patriots win a game like the Bills won on Sunday night, the media likes to say it was a brilliantly coached game and the other teams D was playing great and that's why the NE offense didn't produce. The Bills win the game and it's the offense sucks. 

The media can spin the story however they want, anyone watching that game could tell it was two dominate defenses and the Bills were the better coached team. 

The heck with power rankings and the heck with the national media.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Most people would disagree, based on those teams’ records and strength of schedule, as well as the fact that all of those teams feature modern NFL offenses.  See how that works?

All subjective my friend. But go ahead and follow "most people".

We're better. :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

All subjective my friend. But go ahead and follow "most people".

We're better. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying I agree with "most people"; I think the Bills could beat any or all of those teams.  I'm simply saying that it's not irrational to rank the Bills behind those teams, at least for now.

• Like (+1) 1